Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Corporation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sonic Corporation

If the commercial format changes, I'll cheer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    If the commercial format changes, I'll cheer for that.
    What? You must be kidding! They're the best commercials ever what would we do without Pete and...umm...Pete and... Hmmm.

OK, yeah, I see your point.

ETA: Though being serious, we're talking about them so the ads are doing their job. Edmond Hyundai knows their stupid song is stupid, they even referenced its stupidity in several of their own commercials. We all know to follow that dude to Fowler, although we can count on Hudiburg, they'll give us more and the deals are automatic at Automax. For better or worse (mostly worse) it's the annoying ads that stick in peoples' minds. If that actually makes them want Sonic or chases them away from Sonic is another matter, but not one the ad agency is concerned with.

"OKC is proud to be the longtime home of @sonicdrivein. I want to share I have been told this morning that Sonic’s HQ will remain in OKC for the foreseeable future. Today is clearly a milestone in the company’s history, but we are still proud to be the home of Sonic." -@davidfholt Mayor Holt's twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    "OKC is proud to be the longtime home of @sonicdrivein. I want to share I have been told this morning that Sonic’s HQ will remain in OKC for the foreseeable future. Today is clearly a milestone in the company’s history, but we are still proud to be the home of Sonic." -@davidfholt Mayor Holt's twitter
    "for the foreseeable future"..................

I interviewed there once for an IT position, and I'd bet that's one of the first things to get assimilated, along with HR, usually is at the companies I've worked at that have taken over/been taken over.

^

They always say that 'things won't change' and they almost always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

They always say that 'things won't change' and they almost always do.
    You called it. Glad my friend saw the writing on the wall and got out of there on their own terms.

Do we know if they are giving out big packages to those impacted?

The way I read it, the local executives are going to stay here. It will be completely independent of the parent company. No common executives. Just the parent company, sub company relationship.

Normally I’d say sure but Inspire brands acts like a holding company in a few ways. Both Arby’s and bww maintain their HQs. I don’t know why sonic would be any different.

And Holt just phrased that way because you can never say never.

Sonic has went downhill over the last few years. $5.00 for a hamburger unless it's the special of the week. Also smaller sized just like braums. You can get a damn good burger at the Garage for the same price and taste a Helluva lot better too. But to each his own, that's why I love this Country. Semper Fi

Blog Entries

Yeah but happy hour and burger night are some of the best deals around...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Yeah but happy hour and burger night are some of the best deals around...
    We also take advantage of Happy Hour slushes/drinks and the 1/2 price burger night. However, we also avoid the other 150 hours of the week to go to Sonic and pay full price.

If you use the Sonic app it's Happy Hour ANYTIME for drinks!

Seeing on Twitter that the Sonic at 23rd/Penn closed.

While I'm sure this is due to this Sonic perpetually having terrible service (though the order-ahead app did make a huge difference), I'm (probably irrationally) hoping the land is owned by the same people that own the former Buy 4 Less that is right there and this is related to a sale on that property and that we'll see some movement soon. Don't have the time to research this right now - but hopefully someone knows something!

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Seeing on Twitter that the Sonic at 23rd/Penn closed.

While I'm sure this is due to this Sonic perpetually having terrible service (though the order-ahead app did make a huge difference), I'm (probably irrationally) hoping the land is owned by the same people that own the former Buy 4 Less that is right there and this is related to a sale on that property and that we'll see some movement soon. Don't have the time to research this right now - but hopefully someone knows something!
    Never been to this location, but it must have been truly terrible to fail at that intersection. Raising Canes across the street is perpetually packed.

Not owned by the same people as Buy 4 Less and thus far, there has been no sale or building permits.

Odd. It's been 3 years now, but when we lived in Linwood, just a few blocks from the Sonic at 23rd and I-44, I'd drive over to the one at 23rd and Penn because it had much better service and food quality than the one in our neighborhood. But a lot can change in a few years...

Sonic is overpriced and undersized. The place sucks and customer service is a Joke.

I work equidistant between 23rd & I-44 and 23rd & Penn. Never had a good experience at 23rd & Penn. Bad service, bad footprint, bad traffic flow, bad neighborhood. Been going to the company owned 23rd & I-44 since it opened in 1978ish. Good service, good layout, good neighborhood. I eat there often and enjoy it.

Yes, the location at 23rd and Penn had a horrible layout and was compactly tucked in the parcel of land there. It was very difficult to maneuver around the lot there. In general, I think Sonic needs to undergo an entire rebranding and bring back the things that made them really good back in the day -- bring a new logo with an incorporation of their 1980s supercool logo and bring back their quality ingredients. I remember spending summers at the grandparents farm outside Pawnee and thought it was so much fun to go into town to the local sonic and snag a burger and shake and eat in the gramma's town car. A lot has changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    bring a new logo with an incorporation of their 1980s supercool logo and bring back their quality ingredients. I remember spending summers at the grandparents farm outside Pawnee and thought it was so much fun to go into town to the local sonic and snag a burger and shake and eat in the gramma's town car. A lot has changed since then.
    Back when Crossroads Mall was still Crossroads Mall, they had one of those survey places that would send people out into the mall with clipboards for the pre-survey process, and if you met the criteria they took you back to their office and gave you an interview (sometimes with samples of products to try). I recall one time I participated and the survey was about a possible new Sonic logo. My response was that it was horrible, did not feel welcoming AT ALL, and did not fit the pull into a stall and eat in your car concept. Maybe it would be better for a Sonic Express or something.

Soon after that they switched to the "get your food and get out" logo they still use today. Little did I know that the "Express" concept was exactly what they were looking for. The Pickle-Os are long gone, with only the occasional special limited time only return, when you order a malt they tend to forget the actual malt and bring you a shake, and I haven't seen the car window tray in I can't even remember how long (not that I would want to eat there with someone smoking in the next car over anyway). As for the skates? Forget it.

tl;dr: Sonic is no longer Sonic.

The Sonic at 23rd/Penn is the closest to our house. I gave up getting food there after a couple tries. It was truck-stop level quality, and the service was always terrible.

Drove by this morning and there’s a construction sign up. Been told by someone that would know that they’re scraping and rebuilding the store and that this is a corporate-owned store. I suppose this could end up being a positive thing for that location.

25. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Talked to a WalMart employee at the East 15th and I-35 location in Edmond (so take it for what it's worth). They said the Sonic in that location was one of only two-concept locations inside WalMarts. She said the buildout was just over $100,000 and that if the two locations can prove profitable that Sonic would get a contract for 80 more locations inside other WalMarts.

This employee did't think it was going well. She said their hours we not good. She said it also have a much smaller menu than a regular Sonic.

She said the traffic is nowhere near what McDonald's locations inside WalMarts do and she doesn't think the concept will work based on how its being implemented.

I tend to agree. I go to that Walmart regularly and I rarely see more than a couple of people inside the Sonic.

I also tried to use the Sonic app several times at this location to no avail.

I hope it does make it though. I like the look of their buildout and I prefer Sonic to McDonalds.

Thread Information