Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Corporation

Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    If they are going to add 1,000 location in the next 10 years they are going to have to try something besides the drive-in model. They might have to follow the lead of Checkers, an east coast drive-thru concept, that has allowed franchises to drop the drive-thru portion of their operation as they enter urban markets (which is where their customer base is moving).

Checkers makes a rally for the Chicago market | Voices
    Since they have done versions in malls and airports, they seem fine with dropping the drive through/car hop and having customers talk to clerks behind a counter

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Which location are you frequenting? I wouldn't say that Sonic is my absolute favorite fast food purveyor, but the ones I visit ARE among the most consistently-correct order-fillers of just about any brand I can think of. The most inconsistent place I can think of is the Taco Bueno on NW 23rd, which I honestly estimate gets at least one thing wrong/omitted 9 of 10 visits.
    122nd and Penn
    Telephone road in Moore.

These two locations have messed my order up on more than one occasion.

NW 21st and Council is my local one. Usually they do a pretty good job but they gave me someone's bacon and egg sammy in place of my burger the other day. The absolute rule I didn't follow, if you don't check it before you drive off, the order will be wrong. Every. Single. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    NW 21st and Council is my local one. Usually they do a pretty good job but they gave me someone's bacon and egg sammy in place of my burger the other day. The absolute rule I didn't follow, if you don't check it before you drive off, the order will be wrong. Every. Single. Time.
    That's true.

I don't eat at Sonic, but I can go to the same restaurant 100 times and check the order before I leave. Out of 100 times, 100 times the order will be right. The 101st time, I forget to check the order and it will be wrong.

I eat at Sonic regularly and can't remember the last time I had an incorrect order. It's also the only fast food place that I frequent where they always read back my order to me when it's delivered.

Maybe this should be in its own thread in politics, I'm not sure...

Sonic asks customers not to bring guns to Drive In patios, restaurants | News OK

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Maybe this should be in its own thread in politics, I'm not sure...

Sonic asks customers not to bring guns to Drive In patios, restaurants | News OK
    I don't think the 2nd Amendment was meant to take the right away from property owners the right to tell visitors to not bring guns with them, especially if they are openly displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I don't think the 2nd Amendment was meant to take the right away from property owners the right to tell visitors to not bring guns with them, especially if they are openly displayed.
    I agree. It is their decision.

14 things you didn't know about Sonic
    Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Sonic, America's Drive-In - Thrillist

3. There's a seriously badass beach location in Florida
    Sonic's Miami location is called Sonic Beach, and while it does have the classic drive-in, it also sits right on the sand. There's even an air-conditioned dining room offering beer and wine. We're not sure which Merlot pairs best with hot dogs, but this is the place to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    14 things you didn't know about Sonic
    Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Sonic, America's Drive-In - Thrillist

3. There's a seriously badass beach location in Florida
    Sonic's Miami location is called Sonic Beach, and while it does have the classic drive-in, it also sits right on the sand. There's even an air-conditioned dining room offering beer and wine. We're not sure which Merlot pairs best with hot dogs, but this is the place to find out.
    Why couldn't they offer beer and wine at their Bricktown location?!? Actually make it something special, which their Bricktown location is not.

Fun Fact #15
    Depending on the locale of each and every Sonic the quality could range from at best very average to downright horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Fun Fact #15
    Depending on the locale of each and every Sonic the quality could range from at best very average to downright horrible.
    Could stick that in the definition of chain restarant

Lol -
    9. They're in almost every US state: Most people in the country can get their hands on some Sonic since there are locations in 44 of the 50 states. And now a moment of silence for Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Your day will come.

Say what you will about the food, I have to give Kudos to Sonic for this.

Sonic Drive-In funds $45,000 worth of classroom projects in Oklahoma City Public Schools | News OK

Sonic, the nation’s largest chain of drive-in restaurants, kicked off its Limeades for Learning program in partnership with DonorsChoose.org, an online charity that helps students in need. The program gives public school teachers the classroom materials they need to inspire students to learn.

In all, Sonic donated more than $45,000 to 30 schools in the Oklahoma City district for 68 classroom projects. Approximately 2,000 students are expected to benefit from items designed to spark creativity and innovation.

I cant wait for some commercials, with the two guys bantering back and forth about certain Sonic foods in a car...only to have KD pop up from the back seat, and be a regular in the commercial rotation!

I would also love to see them have a KD inspired hotdog or something on the menu and call it the "SuperSonic" just to give the Seattle folks something else to bitch about.

HAHAHA.. I would bet Kevin would stay clear of being linked to a SUPERSONIC hotdog.. but that would be amazing!..lol

For someone who (according to the national media) is clearly on his way out of OKC he sure is signing a lot of contracts with local companies.

This statement from the article probably rules out a Supersonic hotdog.

As part of Durant's deal, he will be responsible for coming up with his own dishes for the brand, which recently opened a test kitchen.

Yormark said Durant's items will be geared toward the healthier side, which falls in line with some of his other endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    This statement from the article probably rules out a Supersonic hotdog.
    I do apologize, for incorrectly making a statement as such in regards to the nutritional value of said food group.

Sonic needs to start making Cheese Frenchies and Tuna Frenchies.
    These items were big hits on the menu of King's Food Host back in the 60's.
    They already have the fryers and I'm sure they can obtain some bread, some cheese, some tuna and some cornflakes.
    Think of Frenchies as low-rent Monte Cristo sandwiches.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/119962

The Secret Recipe (for Tuna Frenchies sub Tuna Salad for the cheese)
    http://www.food.com/recipe/cheese-frenchee-116213

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I do apologize, for incorrectly making a statement as such in regards to the nutritional value of said food group.
    Apology accepted, just never let that happen again. LOL

22. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Earlier in the week I ordered a 12-piece wings and asked for it to be split 1/2 bbq and 1/2 buffalo, instead of charging me the $7 and change it cost for a 12 piece, I was instead charged 3.99 twice for 2 6-piece wings. When I asked why I was charged for 2 orders of 6-piece wings, I was told they couldn't split the 12 piece into more than 1 flavoring. This is despite the fact that the little placard inside the menu board saying that 12-piece and 24-piece orders could be split. (It's in the fine print on the board). Thank you Sonic at Reno and Air Depot in Midwest City. I've ordered from the Sonic on 29th and Douglas with no problem.

I can't even begin to imagine what you might have gotten had you tried to order the wings at the one at 122nd and Penn . . .

Wife's email to me about stopping by Sonic (on NW 164th/Penn) on the way home last week sometime - "How about corn dogs, they can't screw those up, can they?" Really sad if that's they way people talk about your restaurant...

Thread Information