Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 236
  1. #101

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Sorry, you lost me at QT vs Loves. Their not even in the same sector of the industry. Loves does have a few car stops, but this is a very small segment of their target market. They do have better stores compared to Pilot who is thier main competitor.

    How many stores does QT have out in the middle of nowhere where their is less employees to choose from?
    I gave you a great example of Local Corporations in the same industry, serving the same customer base. But yet, 2 completely different results. Loves ( unclean / cheap / low customer service ) vs. QT ( clean / invested in their people & their futures / high customer service )... hands down, QT is a gem of a business model.

    Braum's suffers from the same "excuses" that Loves uses... low skilled workforce. That is an excuse, QT uses the same (human resources) and achieves their goals.... clean / professional / high customer service ratings , etc. Happy Customers , happy employees., = healthy business model.

  2. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    OKvision,

    Please post your source for the "invested in future/unclean/cheap/low customer service" ratings you cite for QT, Braum's and Love's. I think many of us here would really like to read/study them, as I realize now these must be hard research numbers you are using in the absolutes you're posting. Think we'd all stand to benefit.

  3. #103

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    OKvision,

    Please post your source for the "invested in future/unclean/cheap/low customer service" ratings you cite for QT, Braum's and Love's. I think many of us here would really like to read/study them, as I realize now these must be hard research numbers you are using in the absolutes you're posting. Think we'd all stand to benefit.
    well sdave, you have access to some of the information... ODEQ. Go online and review all you want. If you are old enough to drive, you can go there yourself and be sure to look at the archives records too. Enjoy! My (professional) resources may be different than yours. Enjoy your research.

  4. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    well sdave, you have access to some of the information... ODEQ. Go online and review all you want. If you are old enough to drive, you can go there yourself and be sure to look at the archives records too. Enjoy! My (professional) resources may be different than yours. Enjoy your research.
    Not how it works, Vision. You make the assertions based on facts you claim to have. I am challenging *you* to post the information so the rest of us may objectively assess it. It's not up to me to defend what you post.

    I will give you props for consistency in coming after me, personally, every time I ask you to do nothing more than post hard data backing your assertions, not just rehashes of your own opinions or indirect slams against folks who dare to disagree even slightly with your unilateral proclamations.

    As for ODEQ, I'm assuming ODEQ means "Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality?" If not, what then? Department of Environmental Quality has "low customer service" and "invested in future" ratings? Really?

    Do tell.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Not how it works, Vision. You make the assertions based on facts you claim to have. I am challenging *you* to post the information so the rest of us may objectively assess it. It's not up to me to defend what you post.

    I will give you props for consistency in coming after me, personally, every time I ask you to do nothing more than post hard data backing your assertions, not just rehashes of your own opinions or indirect slams against folks who dare to disagree even slightly with your unilateral proclamations. As for ODEQ, I'm assuming ODEQ means "Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality?" If not, what then? Department of Environmental Quality has "low customer service" and "invested in future" ratings? Really?

    Do tell.
    sdave, I am talking about a company that makes ice cream / burgers / & milk. You may need to push back from the screen and go wait in that long line ( at the drive thru ) for your shake.

  6. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    sdave, I am talking about a company that makes ice cream / burgers / & milk. You may need to push back from the screen and go wait in that long line ( at the drive thru ) for your shake.
    And, once again, more personal slams, no links to sources of data. Think you need to admit you don't have them. Rest assured I've dealt with folks who have nothing more than insults in reply to requests for facts.....so you keep right on slamming, and I'll keep asking for facts. Everyone else can be the judge.

  7. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    And, once again, more personal slams, no links to sources of data. Think you need to admit you don't have them. Rest assured I've dealt with folks who have nothing more than insults in reply to requests for facts.....so you keep right on slamming, and I'll keep asking for facts. Everyone else can be the judge.
    How can facts be delivered when the supposed referenced numbers are being pulled from one's posterior? We've been down this road how many times on this board now? Same result, time and time again.

  8. #108

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    How can facts be delivered when the supposed referenced numbers are being pulled from one's posterior? We've been down this road how many times on this board now? Same result, time and time again.
    I think that he has finally graduated from the prunepicker school of logic.

  9. #109

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mastyc View Post
    Honestly, I really think a lot of these problems exist because for what every reason, OKC patrons allow it. Every place that is listed in this thread is pretty much exactly the same. I don't eat at Sonics here because IMO the food quality and service is terrible. I don't have that problem out of town. I don't go to Braums because they are extremely dirty and downright gross. Braums, unlike sonic, has this issue outside of Oklahoma, but those locations don't do any business. I am quite shocked that the Braums in the DFW metroplex stay because I never see any customers at any of them. Taco Bueno in OKC is run down and pretty gross at most locations. But if you go to a newer one in another city they are actually pretty sought after and busy(like the south austin one that was mentioned, lived down the street from it when it opened, was very excited). Homeland and Buy4less? I feel like as long as local customers keep giving these companies money, they have no reason to set higher standards.
    When I lived in Dallas, the Braum's that were there were always packed. Braum's is NOT outright dirty and gross. What the hell is wrong with you people? What do you want from Braum's? How about if they lay down gold floors, will that be good enough for you? For Christ's sake, if you think Braum's is that run down and poorly run and the people of OKC want better, then get off your ass and open up a new restaurant with golden floors, platinum plated ovens and stoves, serve your guests liquid diamond, and while you're at it, give everyone a free Phantom with each purchase, maybe that will be good enough customer service.

    I have had no problems with Braum's to date and they are a great company that do great things for the local economy and operate by great ethics. You obviously have no idea how much money Braum's donates to great and-in most cases-local causes.

    Here is their number: 405-478-1656 .... I'm sure if you tried hard enough, you could even sit down with Bill and discuss your concerns with him, the CEO. They do care what you think and will take action if something is wrong. Sitting around looking for bs excuses to complain is the move of a small man. Stand up for your community and let Braum's know you are not satisfied.

    Grow a pair of balls, and call the damn people. It is so funny how you hate on successful companies that do more in one day than you will ever do in your whole life.

  10. #110

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    When I lived in Dallas, the Braum's that were there were always packed. Braum's is NOT outright dirty and gross. What the hell is wrong with you people? What do you want from Braum's? How about if they lay down gold floors, will that be good enough for you? For Christ's sake, if you think Braum's is that run down and poorly run and the people of OKC want better, then get off your ass and open up a new restaurant with golden floors, platinum plated ovens and stoves, serve your guests liquid diamond, and while you're at it, give everyone a free Phantom with each purchase, maybe that will be good enough customer service.

    I have had no problems with Braum's to date and they are a great company that do great things for the local economy and operate by great ethics. You obviously have no idea how much money Braum's donates to great and-in most cases-local causes.

    Here is their number: 405-478-1656 .... I'm sure if you tried hard enough, you could even sit down with Bill and discuss your concerns with him, the CEO. They do care what you think and will take action if something is wrong. Sitting around looking for bs excuses to complain is the move of a small man. Stand up for your community and let Braum's know you are not satisfied.

    Grow a pair of balls, and call the damn people. It is so funny how you hate on successful companies that do more in one day than you will ever do in your whole life.
    Panda, You summed it up so well. This is exactly "WHY" the outside competition is here today. Freddy's is opening a store just a few miles from the Braum's farm and several other NEW locations in the OKC metro. DQ just moved in and opened up a NEW store. Steak & Shake is here too w/ several stores in the OKC metro. Why did they do this, because Braum's is at such a low level of consumer satisfaction. Trust me, they would not be here if Braums was not vulnerable. DQ moved out of Oklahoma, remember? ...why are they back now? ...Braum's left the barn door open.

    See we don't have to ( call and demand more from Braum's ), we have other options now.

    In a consumer driven business, the customers w/ the loud voice / squeeky-wheel is the easy issue to address. It is the large volume of "quite / unsatisfied" customers that you hate to see leave and never come back. That is where Braum's is at.

  11. #111

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    The outside competition is here because our economy is doing pretty well and we are one of the fattest states in the nation. To say its due to Braum's is laughable. Geez

  12. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    OKVision4U,
    Not to be argumentative but I wanted to point out that there are only two Steak and Shake restaurants in the metro area, one almost to Amarillo, and the other close to Ft. Smith (sorry, just kidding). The addresses are 6030 S. W. 3rd and the other is 7181 S. E. 29th. I'm not sure what you meant by "several". I don't know how many there were, but the Edmond store closed in the last six-twelve months.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    Steak & Shake is here too w/ several stores in the OKC metro.

  13. #113

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Seems good for the company

    Sonic boom: Drive-in on fast track with nationwide expansion plans

    OKLAHOMA CITY – Seven years ago, Max Gelwix and the other three principals in SPG Management LLC decided to bring Sonic to the San Diego, Calif., area. Gelwix said he made the call to the company because he thought the weather in the area was perfect for a brand with sales that historically do well in warm temperatures.

    “I felt that the culture and the climate was such a great fit,” Gelwix said. “The average temperature is 75 to 78 degrees, 365 days a year. It’s a nice environment for us.”

    SPG Management opened its first store in 2009. That store had $3.6 million in sales in the first year, while an average Sonic has $1.1 million in sales. The company now has seven Sonics in the San Diego metropolitan area, with plans to reach 24 over the next several years.

    Those stores are part of Sonic Corp.’s plan to add 1,000 drive-ins in the next 10 years, including 300 planned in California. Bob Franke, senior vice president of franchise sales and international, said the company will recruit additional franchisees in order to make the growth a reality.

    “We want to be within a 10-minute reach to every person in the United States,” Franke said. “In order to do that, you have to plan ahead … Our numbers show we have the ability to exponentially grow in today’s environment.”

    The company wants to be in all 50 states in the next two years, which Franke said is possible given the national advertising campaign that is seen by customers who are not down the street from a Sonic Drive-In. The company plans to add franchisees in Hawaii and Rhode Island soon, but an exact time frame was not disclosed. Other states that do not have a Sonic are Vermont, New Hampshire, Alaska and Maine.

    “There is a lot of pent-up demand,” he said.

    - read more here: Sonic boom: Drive-in on fast track with nationwide expansion plans | The Journal Record

  14. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    They need to build a few really great flagship stores in the major California cities to really build their image.
    The truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.

  15. #115

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    There are about 60 Sonics in California. Most are in the LA or central valley area.

  16. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Well I guess some research on my part would've helped.

    I did a coastal tour of Cali with the fam last year and we didn't find one Sonic.
    The truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.

  17. #117

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Well I guess some research on my part would've helped.

    I did a coastal tour of Cali with the fam last year and we didn't find one Sonic.
    That's probably because most are not near the coast.

  18. #118

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    In all of Southern California, there are only a few and none anywhere near Los Angeles.

    The closest one to me is 60 miles away.

  19. #119

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In all of Southern California, there are only a few and none anywhere near Los Angeles.

    The closest one to me is 60 miles away.
    I'm not sure exactly where you live Pete. The locations in the LA area are in Duarte, Anaheim, Fullerton, Palmdale, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Rancho Cucamonga, and Victorville.

  20. #120

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    I know exactly where they are. Those are all in very outlying areas or in Orange County.

    The closest to me or anyone in L.A. are in Duarte or Palmdale (went way, way out of my way to go to both) which are both a long way from even the middle of town.

    They have franchisees out here who are not doing much of anything.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I'm not sure exactly where you live Pete. The locations in the LA area are in Duarte, Anaheim, Fullerton, Palmdale, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Rancho Cucamonga, and Victorville.
    One in Ontario too, isn't there? Or is that the Rancho Cucamonga one. Thought it is closer to Ontario Mills. I've seen cars lined up there.

  22. #122

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Every Sonic in California should be of the variety that includes the sand volleyball court

  23. #123

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Every Sonic in California should be of the variety that includes the sand volleyball court
    Plus Cheese and Tuna Frenchies, that you can "Surf Off". =)

    (Historical Note: Cheese and Tuna Frenchies were a drive-in version of a classic Monte Cristo Sandwich, dumbed down for the masses c/o King's Famous Foods . . . as bad as they were, they were really good. Do not misapprehend the recipe as Cheese and Tuna. The choice was a Cheese Frenchie or a Tuna Frenchie. Usually with a side of the best fries ever and a Vanila Malt. King's Fine Foods was the best ever for a 17 year old mind. vis--vis dining. =)

    (there are now several versions available on the Internet, yet Sonic Corp refuses to borrow them . . . and that's probably a good thing, as Martha Stewart might say.) =)

    I once pitched the concept, via telephone (push-button), to a cubicle dweller in the heart o' the hive (corporate, local) and that's the only reason I know that Cheese and Tuna Frenchies are related to The Classic Monte Cristo. My thinking, at the time, was that they have bread . . . they have something resembling cheese . . . (maybe even some tuna) . . . and they have the deep fryers. They might have to make a major purchase of potato chips for the crust.

    (please be advised that I think The Sonic Ad Campaign featuring a more modern version of [Dumb and Dumber] are some of the best ads for fast food on local television. and my wife agrees so i guess we are right, in the correct sense of the term.) =)

    Frankly, I'm glad that this culinary delight never was reactualized.
    I don't eat deep-fried food anymore. =)

    (p.s.: If you ever choose to visit a Sonic location, wherever it may be, tip the help generously. At least a couple of dollars.)

  24. #124

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know exactly where they are. Those are all in very outlying areas or in Orange County.

    The closest to me or anyone in L.A. are in Duarte or Palmdale (went way, way out of my way to go to both) which are both a long way from even the middle of town.

    They have franchisees out here who are not doing much of anything.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative and I'm not saying they are everywhere but the nearest to downtown LA in Duarte is about 16 miles away and the location in Anaheim is about 23 miles away. That's almost next door in LA terms.

  25. #125

    Default Re: Sonic Corporation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    One in Ontario too, isn't there? Or is that the Rancho Cucamonga one. Thought it is closer to Ontario Mills. I've seen cars lined up there.

    Yes, that's the Rancho Cucamonga location.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sonic
    By blangtang in forum Businesses & Employers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 11:44 PM
  2. New Corporation Commissioner Patrice Douglas
    By OKCMallen in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 08:09 PM
  3. Tulsa loses another oil corporation
    By mranderson in forum Suburban & Other OK Communities
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 01:47 AM
  4. New Hotel Corporation coming to OKC
    By mranderson in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 10:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO