Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Corporation

Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yeah, for those guys on Entourage to make a Sonic run, they would have to drive over an hour to go to Palmdale or Anaheim. The few that are around here are in out-lying areas.

I looked into the franchise rights for L.A. but they had already been committed. Wish whoever bought them would get going!

I miss their drinks.
    Are there any Braums in California? That's what I would really miss if I ever moved out of state.

No, Braums will only build a certain distance from their main dairies.

So, they are only in OK, TX, KS, and a couple in AR and MO.

Miss Braums more than Sonic!

At least one national fast feeder has red-lined California due to the time & expense necessary to open a restaurant.

Sort of related, but does anyone know the rhyme and reason behind where Sonic decides to put sand volleyball courts on property of their establishments? The one by my ex-girlfriend's house in Corpus Christi was always packed with HS and college kids playing.

The opened a Sonic in Cambridge, Minnesota a while back. I think it only stayed open a year or two then closed. I find that to be astounding.

Minnesotans are weird, look who they elect for politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, Braums will only build a certain distance from their main dairies.
    I believe it's 300 miles by road from Tuttle. I've found them as far south as Waco, but no farther...

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Sort of related, but does anyone know the rhyme and reason behind where Sonic decides to put sand volleyball courts on property of their establishments? The one by my ex-girlfriend's house in Corpus Christi was always packed with HS and college kids playing.
    That would probably be the local franchise owners decision.

I remember some guys that I was working with out of Sacramento in 2004, they were talking about this great new burger place in Modesto that we were going to stop at when we finished our survey there....we pulled into a Sonic, and I laughed. I told them that in OKC they are on every other corner like a Subway and my sister worked at one. We rarely went to one in Austin and only a few times here in Denver, usually for cherry limeades.

As far as Sonic and small towns, most of them in Texas that have a decent size (more than a few thousand) have three places, a Sonic, a DQ and a Pizza Hut if they have anything. We do wish the DQ's up here had the Texas food menu but then Texas DQ is a quasi-separate entity from the DQ mothership.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    I believe it's 300 miles by road from Tuttle. I've found them as far south as Waco, but no farther...
    They want their drivers to be able to round trip to/from Tuttle in one day. Hillsboro is the furthest south, it was a regular stop to stock up on trips north from Austin. There have been rumors of them opening up in Waco. The others along the south edge of DFW that I know of would be Mineral Wells, Corsicana and Athens. We stopped at one in Amarillo (none in Lubbock) last weekend on the way back to Denver, The closest to us are Amarillo/Dumas and Salina, Kansas. I wish they would expand their reach but I can understand why they don't. I wish we had Whataburger and Taco Bueno up here, the closest Whataburger is Amarillo or Albuquerque, Bueno is in Amarillo.

Do they still have any Cousin Jack's places in Denver? They were everywhere, like Sonic in OKC, when I last spent a few days in the mile-high city. Their specialty was Cornish Pastys -- great eating!

I haven't seen that name around.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    ... The closest [Braum's] to us are Amarillo/Dumas and Salina, Kansas. ...
    Suddenly caught myself on memory lane. Late in 1982 I was involved in seismic work and was freezing my tushie off as a Ding Dong Daddy in Dumas. God love the Key Motel kitchenettes and all the humor that odd little place provided, and Mr. Gatti's too.

Well, it's been almost 40 years ago that I was there, so it's not surprising that a fast-food chain had bitten the dust...

Wishing for a Bueno? Don't hear that often.

I wish we had more Taco Cabana's up here. Love that place.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    The opened a Sonic in Cambridge, Minnesota a while back. I think it only stayed open a year or two then closed. I find that to be astounding.
    Too cold up there for outside eating.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Wishing for a Bueno? Don't hear that often.

I wish we had more Taco Cabana's up here. Love that place.
    We had one open up in our part of South Austin, being away from it for quite a few years I grew to miss it. There just isn't the same type of place up here, it was always good for what it is. I just think of Taco Cabana as a different type of fast food, more fast casual. Not Bueno/Bell but a step up, I rarely went there even before Torchy's Tacos opened up a few blocks from TC, after Torchy's opened TC was an afterthought.

I've had friends and family who live in the New York area that came to visit, and one of the first places they wanted to visit was Sonic. It was one of those places (like In-N-Out is to us) that gets hyped up and talked about a lot by transplants to those areas... The drinks are good, but don't really care for most of the food.

I like Sonic, but I kinda wish Sonic would pay at least part of its attention to improving the service at its local drive-ins. We only go for the occasional drink these days, but we just gave up on improperly filled food orders, delays, mistakes, chronically undercooked tots/fries (yuck) etc. etc. Some of their newer food offerings aren't bad, but when it just takes too long, or gets filled wrong, you kinda just throw up your hands eventually...YMMV, of course...

18. Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Too cold up there for outside eating.
    People up north don't eat Sonic outside. Every one I've seen the car hop parking area will be empty, but the drive thru will have a long line. They just don't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread, but I ate at an In-N-Out and it sucked.
    Big Deal. Name any fast food chain. Someone is always going to insist it sucks, such as Jack-in-the-Box for another example.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread, but I ate at an In-N-Out and it sucked.
    And to get back in thread topic--Sonic, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I like Sonic, but I kinda wish Sonic would pay at least part of its attention to improving the service at its local drive-ins. We only go for the occasional drink these days, but we just gave up on improperly filled food orders, delays, mistakes, chronically undercooked tots/fries (yuck) etc. etc. Some of their newer food offerings aren't bad, but when it just takes too long, or gets filled wrong, you kinda just throw up your hands eventually...YMMV, of course...
    Some of those things happen with me, but not too often.

For the summer, I love their half priced shakes after 8pm and now in many flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Big Deal. Name any fast food chain. Someone is always going to insist it sucks, such as Jack-in-the-Box for another example.
    im not trying to say its a big deal and it is my opinion. Of course, as with anything, there is going to people who will dislike it. I just wanted to throw in mt two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    And to get back in thread topic--Sonic, too.
    sonic, I momism mot great or anything like that .i mainly eat three for their peanut butter shake, limeades, and I do like their new spicy popcorn chicken

I would assume Braum's limit on how far out they'll put a restaurant has more to do with quality control than anything since they are a vertically integrated company and freshness is a big concern for them. I just can't understand why they can't get their restaurants figured out. They need to be cleaner and more efficient.

Thread Information