Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Default Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

I thought this should have a thread of its own instead of http://www.okctalk.com/moore/33135-p...ing-moore.html

Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Agreed. Now I need to hear more feedback. Honestly it's been 50/50. In the other thread the feedback was good, on a buddy's FB they were getting slammed with a bunch of 'meh' to worse. IIRC the comments were positive on the customer service, it was the food that was very much lacking.

Put my vote in the worse category.

Went once with my family. All four entrees were terrible. Waitstaff and restaurant were nice, but the food was terrible. We won't be back.

The food and service has always been very good every time I've gone. I am pretty suspicious about the negative reviews given the date and number. Restaurant business is tough.

I've had all the burgers, the chicken fry, and steak a couple of times. My sides have been fine although I know two people who complained about their potatoes being underdone early on. The only personal issue was the price for lunch but the $9 lunch menu pretty much solves that for me. Now I don't know about the various seafood items and some of the other dishes.

I like the steaks and burgers better than Hollie's and about the same for the chicken fry. I like Bent River's appetizers better.

Visited with the manager a bit and was interested in hearing about the owner and his philosophy.

5. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    Visited with the manager a bit and was interested in hearing about the owner and his philosophy.
    Care to share?

I am pretty suspicious about the negative reviews given the date and number.
    I think we just have differing tastes. I don't post often, but did see that we had opposite opinions concerning Fontana's also - http://www.okctalk.com/moore/26522-n...estaurant.html

I still frequent Fontana's and really enjoy it. Hope they're able to keep the restaurant going. Their home was impacted during the May 20 tornado.

I guess so on different taste.

On Fontana I wrote as little as possible because I teally do hope they prosper. Too bad about their home. Just everywhere in Moore I go I run into friends and acquaintances who have sustained terrible loss.

Doesn't look good to me on Bent River based on what I see at lunch. I am never there in the evenings so have no idea.

I do love Volcano especially that crazy Jalapeno roll and the volcano roll.

I think that bagel place is not such a good location but I will definitely try to support.

Quote Originally Posted by mooreon
    Went once with my family. All four entrees were terrible.
    just curious... what was terrible about the entrees you ordered? -M

For me I really liked the steak and the burgers at Bent River. More about meat for me.

I do love Volcano especially that crazy Jalapeno roll and the volcano roll.

I think that bagel place is not such a good location but I will definitely try to support.
    Hold the presses. I think we found some common ground! My wife and I absolutely love Volcano. We used to spend a lot of time at GoGo Sushi (and still do go occasionally), but the last three times we've gone for sushi, it has been at Volcano. My favorite is the Jalapeno Yellow Tail. I also haven't tried the bagel place yet, but will try to get by there.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    just curious... what was terrible about the entrees you ordered? -M
    The food was bland and didn't really have any flavor. The salads pre-meal had lettuce that was mostly wilted and brown. The only entree that really sticks out in my mind is my wife's. She ordered the chicken fried steak and it tasted like old grease which is weird because when we went they'd only been open for a month or so. Really don't want to bash the place becuase I understand restaurants can have an off night.

11. Default Re: Bent River Cattle Co & Steak House

Quote Originally Posted by mooreon View Post
    ...but the last three times we've gone for sushi, it has been at Volcano. My favorite is the Jalapeno Yellow Tail.
    Try the Thanksgiving Roll.... It's not traditional sushi by any means and it's made with tempura chicken, not turkey, which makes the name a little confusing but it is very tasty.

At Volcano for lunch I like the Bento Box - great bargain to me.

For those that have been how were the crowds? Drive right by the place on week nights and it doesn't ever look like its hopping

Bent River has a Under New Management sign posted ... any idea what's up with that?

Sounds like a desperate plea to me, buisiness must not be very good.

If buisiness was so bad it had to be from the get-go. How long has the place even been open, 2 or 3 months? Apparently they didn't screen and/or train their management very well.

The most inconsistent service I've ever received at a steak house. You can tell the staff is trying, but they don't seem to have the rhythm down just right.

I can't tell if they're trying to compete with Texas Roadhouse and Saltgrass, or are just an Ol' Western version of Chilis. Prices are on the high end and I couldn't find anything on the menu particularly worth trying.

It's one thing when a restaurant is started by someone who cooks really well, but is poor at business -- this place seems to be the opposite.

Mercifully, Bent River Cattle Company has decided to close. They posted a small note on their front door instead of posting something more easily read on the sign ...

That didn't last long. Maybe Texas Roadhouse will open up instead. Wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That didn't last long. Maybe Texas Roadhouse will open up instead. Wishful thinking.
    There is a Texas Roadhouse nearby already at Crossroads Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    There is a Texas Roadhouse nearby already at Crossroads Mall
    Yeah the location on that one sucks IMO. They need to do like all the other stores like BB etc, and move down the street.

IMO, the location doesn't suck any more than the Moore stretch of I-35, and you're sure not going to a restaurant with no windows for the view.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    IMO, the location doesn't suck any more than the Moore stretch of I-35, and you're sure not going to a restaurant with no windows for the view.
    I somewhat agree with that. I'd rather see it move closer down 240, but I usually just go to the one off 40. It's a little closer to me anyways.

Next to a popular BWW so don't think location was the issue

Blog Entries

Was the shutdown of Pablano due to lack of business or some internal issue with that company? Sorry if that had been addressed previously...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Was the shutdown of Pablano due to lack of business or some internal issue with that company? Sorry if that had been addressed previously...
    I would say lack of business. It was up against Alfredo's and was beaten pretty badly. You also have Ricky's picking off Mexican fooders on the east side of 35 so it just couldn't hang

Thread Information