Good God plutonic panda, I don't even know where to start.

As a kid growing up in OKC (not edmond, or moore, or norman, but okc), I remember when our downtown was a pile of empty buildings and would imagine what it would look like if we got another tower. We have alot of NEW momentum going for us, yes, but lets not act like it has been that way forever. Tulsa for a long time has had the money to get past there ****ty city government, and you need to look no further than Utica park. OKC has nothing like that and quite frankly we never will. We can try to turn Classen curve into it, but its not. You cant build the look and feel of a well aged outdoor mall. Next you should drive around areas like swan lake, brookside, and all the neighborhoods in between. Aside from manuvering around an art museum that visually puts any in OKC to shame (philbrook) you will notice that those areas of town have been well kept for years.

Also, I just moved to Tulsa from OKC and have never experienced any of the animosity you speak off. Quite frankly the way you approached this thread in an attacking manner leads me to believe that you may have been the instigator in those conversations. OKC has PLENTY of really rough areas you and any other person from the OKC area need to convince your city government fix out before you worry about the problems of tulsa (10th street, lyerwood, segments of NE and SW okc). I imagine though that you tend to avoid those areas.

Both cities are great, and have positives that out weigh each other. OKC is fortunate to be the capital of the state and have a major university just 20 minutes south as well as 2 minutes east, and Tulsa is one of the most philanthropic cities in america (much more so than okc, just check out the united way campaigns). How about we build each other up instead of tear each other down?