I am just going to say that despite Panda's claims that many, many Tulsans have been giving him the business about OKC....Panda was the one bringing the heat to this thread, in the Tulsa forum, and then complaining that we Tulsans are the problem. Nevermind that he doesn't know what he is talking about in regards to almost every statement he has made about the City of Tulsa or what is going on here.

I think there is another general assumption that is taking place with this larger discussion, which is that Tulsa is looking to emulate OKC. It's just not true. I can say it as one who is highly involved in these things here...OKC only comes up in discussions about distributions of capital, and bias in the State offices (i.e. Department of Transportation, State Legislature.), and State entities like The State Board Of Regents or the OU Board of Regents. It's normal stuff. Most states have this kind of competition because resources are limited. I digress... The concept that we are jealous of OKC's growth is a red herring. Tulsa's goal is not to be an "NBA City". Our identity isn't tied to that kind of recognition. Our identity is going to be attached to our inherent quality of life capacity, our support for the Arts at all levels, our thirst for culture, our acceptance of diversity, opportunities for quality education at all levels, and of our support for entrepreneurship. We think those things will ultimately result in the best kind of economic strength...an organic, interconnected community that accepts and attracts and retains talented people and supports families of all kinds.

So you all who say OKC and Tulsa are growing in different directions are right. We are growing differently, and it's more by design than you are giving credit for.