Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

  1. #1

    Default Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    This has been mentioned briefly previously.

    Rick Bayless Oklahoma Pop-Up | Chefs Tornado Fundraisers | The Braiser

    I found the included video interview with Rick to be very interesting. He is talking about his food experiences in OKC and how he views us now in the food culture.

  2. Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    I went to high school with Rick and Skip. They have both done well.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    More information is now available about this event.

    Rick Bayless to Perform Triple Pop-Up For OK Chefs Relief | News OK

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    any one have luck with the reservations

  5. #5

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    A friend was able to get tickets to the $60 dinner for a group of us.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    A friend was able to get tickets to the $60 dinner for a group of us.
    good deal .. i wasn't not able to get tickets .. they were sold out by the time i got to talk to someone ... as of this morning they still have a few of the $500 tickets left ..

  7. #7

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Got my tickets to the evening event at Will Rogers! Looking forward to it.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Those of you that got tickets... did you literally *get* tickets? I called and made reservations for the $60 dinner and my card has been charged, but I did not receive anything further. I expected to receive an e-mail or something????? I don't even know what time it starts...

    Edit: Ok, just saw something that said 5:30. Seriously?? Why so early?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly73099 View Post
    Those of you that got tickets... did you literally *get* tickets? I called and made reservations for the $60 dinner and my card has been charged, but I did not receive anything further. I expected to receive an e-mail or something????? I don't even know what time it starts...

    Edit: Ok, just saw something that said 5:30. Seriously?? Why so early?
    I had a similar problem. I called and they said they weren't able to send emails for some reason. She told me I'm on the list, though, and to be there by 6:30. Where did you see otherwise? Terrible communication on this.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I had a similar problem. I called and they said they weren't able to send emails for some reason. She told me I'm on the list, though, and to be there by 6:30. Where did you see otherwise? Terrible communication on this.
    Someone showed me a thing in the Gazette that said 5:30, and this article has been updated to say 5:30 for the $1000 dinner Rick Bayless to Perform Triple Pop-Up For OK Chefs Relief | News OK

    I called the Lobby Bar to see if they knew anything and the guy that answered said 5:30 but also said to call back in the morning to get more details because he didn't really know.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Don't know how to link to it because I'm using the Gazette app but the Life Food and Drink - Kitchen Aid - column, page 27, in the June 19 issue does say 5:30 for the $60 dinner...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly73099 View Post
    Don't know how to link to it because I'm using the Gazette app but the Life Food and Drink - Kitchen Aid - column, page 27, in the June 19 issue does say 5:30 for the $60 dinner...
    OK. I'm totally confused. The dinner starts at 7 p.m. but the lady who confirmed that my ticket purchase was accepted told me just last week to get there between 6:30 and 6:45. Guess I'll split the difference and show up at Lobby Bar at 6 p.m.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Why is this so confusing? Grrrrr....

  14. #14

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    I didn't expect them to seat 240 at once - I figured there would be 2-3 seatings.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Ok... According to the OK Chefs Relief Facebook page... $1000 starts at 5:30, $60 starts at 6:30.

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...58615280983430

  16. #16

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly73099 View Post
    Ok... According to the OK Chefs Relief Facebook page... $1000 starts at 5:30, $60 starts at 6:30.

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...58615280983430
    Thank you for the info!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Rick Bayless Tornado Relief Popup Restaurant

    He continues to return to OKC for good causes as shown in this article and video interview.

    Rick Bayless' Oklahoma homecoming is full, like his life | Oklahoman.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OK Chef's Relief Pop-Up Restaurant Benefit at Myriad Gardens
    By chuck johnson in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 12:17 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 07:43 PM
  3. Ricky Bayless
    By ljbab728 in forum General Food & Drink Topics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
  4. Where is Rick Walker of Rick and Brad KATT?
    By LandryTeam in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 12:58 PM
  5. Who should investigate the government handling of Katrina relief effort?
    By PUGalicious in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO