Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moore Medical Center Damage

Default Re: Moore Medical Center Damage

It was actually yesterday at around 11am

Good, they need to get rid of that FEMA camp looking tent they have out there. I honestly can't believe they put that crap out there, it's just a bad reminder IMO. Looks like a 3rd world country we invaded. It's not like Norman Regional is that much further down the road. I would never go there, I'd just keep on driving.

/endrant

I understand the frustration we just have to remember that its emergencies only. Now with my wife working at a hospital I have been told how people love the stretch a stubbed toe into a ER visit. If you could drive yourself there than I agree you don't really need to be there. But with the amount of people that live just within a mile of that place its needs to be there. A few lives saved is worth the looks from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Good, they need to get rid of that FEMA camp looking tent they have out there. I honestly can't believe they put that crap out there, it's just a bad reminder IMO. Looks like a 3rd world country we invaded. It's not like Norman Regional is that much further down the road. I would never go there, I'd just keep on driving.

/endrant
    Soon it will just look like a temporary construction trailer with a new tower being built. I don't really see what the big deal this. They could have decided to leave and left the whole lot vacent. I know it looks better than the 7-11 site.

It's been awhile since the "Official" groundbreaking, but I noticed there seems to be a fence around the site.

Glad this is potentially starting construction soon.

About to get going. Will have ER, outpatient, therapy areas, but no inpatient beds according to an article in the Norman Transcript a few days back.

8. Default Re: Moore Medical Center Damage

They sure have been dragging their feet on this. Granted they had to start from square one on a whole new design since the purpose of the facility changed, but it's really not that complex of a thing when you're not planning for in-patient. It's really just a free-standing ER with some a bunch of office space for physicians offices. I'm wondering if the Norman Health whatever group started seeing a hit from the medicare cutbacks and had to re-evaluate expenditures on this. With the Healthplex being so close, it almost doesn't make sense to make anything more than a physicians building...even the ER might be a stretch.

MMC was built on bad financial ground from The Schuster Group. It was also built before the Healthplex was around. Bad management from TSG caused the place to go bankrupt (and eventually TSG did as well...the guy just doesn't manage anything well). That is what put Norman in the running to buy the place and they were pretty sure they were going to close it because they had their new fancy Healthplex down the road. So on one hand, the tornado became the saving grace to the site. What would have turned into a shuddered structure (because it wasn't worth renovating to the new purpose given the age of the larger structure on the site), now became an opportunity to start over. One of the countless examples of how a tornado can be devastating but also become an opportunity. MWC along I-40/Sooner/Hudiburg Dr is another example. The church built a new facility, the Reed Center, Home Depot, 5 hotels, restaurants, etc. all came in because what was there was removed, with the land being sold.

Thread Information