Widgets Magazine

Thread: 44th and Shields.

Default 44th and Shields.

I drove by there recently and there are a few changes going on at this intersection. The NW corner has been fenced off and several of the buildings have been torn down. I am assuming that all the buildings on this corner will be demolished as well.

Anyone know what will be going up? I hope it is something good.

Default Re: 44th and Shields.

OnCue.

3. Default Re: 44th and Shields.

OMG. YESSSSSS! Even though there's one about 2 or so miles away at 59th and Western. Maybe 7-11 owner will be encouraged to rebuild their dingy building across the street.

On edit: Just realizing how old this news is. Still excited... Lol.

4. Default Re: 44th and Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    OMG. YESSSSSS! Even though there's one about 2 or so miles away at 59th and Western. Maybe 7-11 owner will be encouraged to rebuild their dingy building across the street.

On edit: Just realizing how old this news is. Still excited... Lol.
    Apparently 7-11 is trying to secure one of their adjacent lots to expand to one of their larger new concept stores. Depending on which employee you ask, you get a different answer. I heard the print shop next door sold to them - but then I heard the deal fell through.

Either way, the OnCue is good news.

That area is pretty big. I would like to see another fast food place move into the area. Burger King would work. Arby's, Pizza Hut Wing Street, Little Caesar's, something to add to the neighborhood. I bet Chelino's would do great in that location even though they have one a few blocks to the west. Move to this locale and dump the "hooker-central" site. I know people who would like to go to Chelino's but won't because of the neighborhood.

6. Default Re: 44th and Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    ... I bet Chelino's would do great in that location even though they have one a few blocks to the west. Move to this locale and dump the "hooker-central" site. I know people who would like to go to Chelino's but won't because of the neighborhood.
    Until they painted over the windows, some considered it a south-side version of 'dinner theater!'

Never known the Chelino's on SW Robinson to be hurting for customers. If there weren't folks avoiding it, I don't know where they'd seat the additional folks.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Never known the Chelino's on SW Robinson to be hurting for customers. If there weren't folks avoiding it, I don't know where they'd seat the additional folks.
    Yeah I hear you. They are busy most times. But if they were on 44th and away from the "therapists" and all that comes with them, I bet they would do even better.

I would like to see that intersection built up. It wasn't too far from it before the OnCue announcement. New Walgreen's, new McD's, one of those $1 stores a few blocks to the west. Build a new 7-11 with one of those drycleaners attached. Get rid of those "no-tell motel"s to the south. Tear down that big building on the west side of Shields at 46th. Stick a What-a-Burger or better yet, a Chick-Fil-A on that corner. There is not one in that area (Western and Shields serves an entirely different neighborhood). I would like to see that area cleaned up of the hookers.

9. Default Re: 44th and Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    I would like to see that area cleaned up of the hookers.
    Right? I wish they'd have a police car constantly patrol Robinson from 29th up to 44th and then from Robinson to Shields on 44th. Ugh, there's just creepy people in that area PERIOD and I really wish they'd at least stay north of 44th and secluded to a very small portion of Robinson... Complete eradication would be even better. Okay, maybe that's too harsh of a word. Gotta remind myself that they are "human-trafficking victims" and not prostitutes... or that's how my Philosophy professor would politely put it.

Thread Information