Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Skyrocketing Gas Prices

Default Re: Skyrocketing Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Great information. Two questions:
    Q1: Are these refineries producing gasoline for local consumption in Oklahoma?
    Q2: What is their current production as a percentage of either recent production or total capacity?
    I was always under the impression that refineries provided their product to the nearest stations, regardless of branding. From a business perspective, it only makes sense for Oklahoma refineries to sell their product without incurring shipping costs as much as possible.

Put 30 bucks in yesterday. Trying to hedge against the prices going lower soon and give me enough gas for about half a tank. I paid around $4.50 gallon for premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Put 30 bucks in yesterday. Trying to hedge against the prices going lower soon and give me enough gas for about half a tank. I paid around $4.50 gallon for premium.
    It might be time to implement dollar cost averaging. Buy the same dollar amount every 7 days. In weeks where you run low (because of higher prices) cut back on driving until gas day.

4. Default Re: Skyrocketing Gas Prices

Where's that commuter line when you need it.....

fwiw, the place closest to my house is down a dime from what it was a few days ago. -M

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Where's that commuter line when you need it.....
    It is still 10 years out.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    When you have a government that lets the nation be so impacted by environmental activists that a new refinery hasn’t been built in about 35 years you’re going to have bigger imbalances in the system, less margin for supply disruptions and less competition.
    It's not unheard of for the oil industry to stage their own protests and rallies, in which they bus in employees (link). In fact there was a memo leaked from the API, the main oil lobbyist group, that describes how and why to set up these staged protests.

I want to hear all the liberals praising the administration for the high gas prices pushing us closer to alternative energy.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I want to hear all the liberals praising the administration for the high gas prices pushing us closer to alternative energy.

There. Feel better? No?

How 'bout now?

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    fwiw, the place closest to my house is down a dime from what it was a few days ago. -M
    The 7-11 nearest my house (NW 122 and Council) dropped its price by ten cents between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. yesterday. Still high, but I like the direction it moved...

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Need some cheese with that whine?

Quote Originally Posted by LandRunOkie View Post
    It's not unheard of for the oil industry to stage their own protests and rallies, in which they bus in employees (link). In fact there was a memo leaked from the API, the main oil lobbyist group, that describes how and why to set up these staged protests.
    For every incident like that there are probably a thousand coming from the radical environmentalist.
    Some of which are the type that burn down big homes and vehicles in the name of the environment or it could be the type that keep projects tied up in our legal system for more than a decade driving up the associated cost of many projects that only lowers your/our standards of living by making you/us pay more for needed products and services. This drives jobs to more friendly business countries costing us even more.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    Need some cheese with that whine?
    It is a FACT that (can be seen on youtube) that the leader of this administration has indicated that he wants higher electrical rates and higher gasoline prices. No amount of spin by you or by anyone else can ever change or excuse this fact of history.

In some case there were other factors but please know that 10 of our past 11 economic recessions were first preceded by rising oil prices. To want high energy prices is tantamount to wishing suffering on the people and those are the thoughts and wishes of stupid crazy people whose opinions are pretty worthless and a waste of time!

So the answer is simple. Defeat Obama by not using gasoline. Adopt a lifestyle that removes gasoline, or any other fuel, from being used against you. Remember when Coach Red Beaulieu neutralized the Waterboy by refusing to play offense.

15. Default Re: Skyrocketing Gas Prices

When you have a government that lets the nation be so impacted by environmental activists that a new refinery hasn’t been built in about 35 years you’re going to have bigger imbalances in the system, less margin for supply disruptions and less competition.
    That’s just basic common sense.
    Umm. Permit was signed by the Administration this past year for a new refinery in North Dakota. So things are moving to allow them again.

It is a FACT that (can be seen on youtube) that the leader of this administration has indicated that he wants higher electrical rates and higher gasoline prices. No amount of spin by you or by anyone else can ever change or excuse this fact of history.

In some case there were other factors but please know that 10 of our past 11 economic recessions were first preceded by rising oil prices. To want high energy prices is tantamount to wishing suffering on the people and those are the thoughts and wishes of stupid crazy people whose opinions are pretty worthless and a waste of time!
    Interesting news article today in the Oklahoman about demands from the NG industry wanting more permits to start exporting as much liquid natural gas as possible because the prices are much higher on the international market. Which then leads us back down the road of oil prices being high because of the global market you defend. So I guess it is only a matter of time until the NG prices equalize and the cost savings from NG goes up in smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    So the answer is simple. Defeat Obama by not using gasoline. Adopt a lifestyle that removes gasoline, or any other fuel, from being used against you. Remember when Coach Red Beaulieu neutralized the Waterboy by refusing to play offense.
    That would be all too easy and would hurt this Oil/NG buddies. I definitely respect your position on this considering you work in the industry I believe, yet are free thinking still to know we do have to make changes.

Aren't you the guy calling for higher natural gas prices in other threads? Which way is it, the suffering of the people or the energy industry? Please make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Aren't you the guy calling for higher natural gas prices in other threads? Which way is it, the suffering of the people or the energy industry? Please make up your mind.
    It’s really pretty simple.

You don’t what prices so high that they hurt the people….but you don’t want prices so low that they hurt the industry or they will stop drilling and set the stage for future price spikes that will hurt the people.
    I have seen this cycle several times.

Higher NG prices? The code word for that is "rebound". Also, I don't work in the fuels industry at all. In fact, I try to use those products as little as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    A real intellectual and educated response.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Umm. Permit was signed by the Administration this past year for a new refinery in North Dakota. So things are moving to allow them again.
    Yes it been permitted but it hasn’t been built yet, and that’s what I indicated.
    For many years the permitting process for major projects has taken way to long

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post

Interesting news article today in the Oklahoman about demands from the NG industry wanting more permits to start exporting as much liquid natural gas as possible because the prices are much higher on the international market. Which then leads us back down the road of oil prices being high because of the global market you defend. So I guess it is only a matter of time until the NG prices equalize and the cost savings from NG goes up in smoke.
    I don’t defend the global market, I just recognize its reality rather I like it or not.

A real intellectual and educated response.LOL
    It's an appropriate response to a whiny post.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Higher NG prices? The code word for that is "rebound". Also, I don't work in the fuels industry at all. In fact, I try to use those products as little as I can.
    I don't think anyone thought you work in the fuels industry.

The code words are supply vastly exceeds demand and the market manipulators haven't been able to overcome that.

Venture79 is right. Any extra capacity would be exported, not used to drive down prices here in states. Of course, OU48A is right also. The oil companies want to charge us as much as they can but just low enough to keep us from finding something else to use.

Thread Information