Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drum1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	5966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drum2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	5967  

Default Re: the drum room

According to their Facebook page it is a bar & restaurant.

Their Facebook page is really playing up the drummer theme as they post a picture of a new drummer of some band daily. How annoying would it be if they just played drum solos only in the bar? So, I'm guessing it's a restaurant bar that serves chicken and has live music. Actually a pretty good fit for Western. Their sign looks good also:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	3721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sign.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	3722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SignLighted.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	3723

Can someone give me the address of this place? Either they have the worst business Facebook page in history which fails to convey basic information about their establishment, or else it is my smart phone's fault. In any case, location please?

my guess its like 4220 N western. It shares the same building as the Sipango Bar and is across the street from Cafe Nova. It used to a be a frozen yogurt place and a tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Can someone give me the address of this place? Either they have the worst business Facebook page in history which fails to convey basic information about their establishment, or else it is my smart phone's fault. In any case, location please?
    Ya my iphone didnt show any info either. On my computer now and it says Western between 42 & 43rd. Judging by the pic it looks like its right next to Sipango, across the street from Nova and Sushi Neko. Looks like they spent a decent amount on the sign, maybe the rest of it will have that level of investment too. And surprised I didnt notice the sign, as I just picked up some dinner at Neko last night.

"Fine Fowl and Fixin's" ... presume from the pics the "Drum" may relate to the Chicken Drumsticks on the side of the Drum and looks like their is a wishbone in the background of the logo??

8. Default Re: the drum room

Seriously, OKC needs a good friend chicken place. I was just having this conversation with someone the other day. *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Seriously, OKC needs a good friend chicken place. I was just having this conversation with someone the other day. *fingers crossed*

BoBo's fine dining

10. Default Re: the drum room

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    How annoying would it be if they just played drum solos only in the bar?
    Not annoying. Not annoying at all.

: : : : :

11. The Drum Room

Today my wife and I decided we wanted to check out the newest restaurant to open on Western -- The Drum Room -- to try out their highly acclaimed fried chicken. I went with the chicken waffle sandwich and was very impressed with it while my wife went with the drummies and waffle on the side. Service was great and the ambiance is a nice addition to that area. I would definitely recommend everyone give it a try.

12. Default Re: The Drum Room

We've been three times. The first time the breasts were overcooked but the last two they have been cooked perfectly.

It's not the best fried chicken I have ever had. Babe's in Texas still holds that honor but The Drum Room is some of the best in the OKC area right now.

Default Re: The Drum Room

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    We've been three times. The first time the breasts were overcooked but the last two they have been cooked perfectly.

It's not the best fried chicken I have ever had. Babe's in Texas still holds that honor but The Drum Room is some of the best in the OKC area right now.
    I read that they use organic chicken. Nice touch. Can't wait to give it a try.

14. Default Re: The Drum Room

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I read that they use organic chicken. Nice touch. Can't wait to give it a try.
    I love the Drummies which are a basket of mini chicken legs. They are small because they are raised with no hormones like the chickens at whole foods. they are half price during happy hour. Also Coors on tap 2.00 and Boulevard Wheat on tap 2.50. The beer is chilled to 32 degrees. My new favorite place. Their music is all vinyl and you can bring you own album for them to play. Lots of good music going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    I love the Drummies which are a basket of mini chicken legs. They are small because they are raised with no hormones like the chickens at whole foods. they are half price during happy hour. Also Coors on tap 2.00 and Boulevard Wheat on tap 2.50. The beer is chilled to 32 degrees. My new favorite place. Their music is all vinyl and you can bring you own album for them to play. Lots of good music going on there.
    Sounds awesome. I'll have to check it out. That is especially cool that they play vinyl and allow customers to bring their own.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post

Wish we had a Babe's in OK...It would make a killing here

17. Default Re: The Drum Room

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Wish we had a Babe's in OK...It would make a killing here
    We had Red's Southern Diner in Edmond for a couple of years. It wasn't as good as Babe's but same concept.

I'm kind of happy that Babe's nearest location is about 3 hours away from OKC. If it was closer I'd gain back all the weight I worked so hard to lose in about a week.

Came across the facebook page which has a neat collection of photos.

Sign

Sign at night

Logo on the north side of the building

Bongos as decoration

Wall decoration

Beer on tap

Menu (as posted)

Menu (rotated and enlarged by me to make it readable)

By the way, for those (non-hipster) younguns out there, that menu is supposed to mimic a viny record (Google that if you don't know what that means)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TheDrumRoomOKC

The menu should have a side B if it has a side A.

20. Default Re: The Drum Room

The B side is the stuff they drop on the floor.... I'll keep ordering from the A side.

Can't wait to try this out.

I thought the chicken was good, as were the nachos that had chunks of fried chicken. The space isnt over the top nice or anything but it is another good option in the area and a definite improvement for that space.

And Moose Drool on tap...My kind of place

24. Default Re: The Drum Room

Drummies are part of the wing, not tiny chicken legs. It's the part that would be the chicken's upper "arm." They also have drumsticks, which are actual legs. Both the drummies and drumsticks baskets are half price during happy hour, and they come with a side.

Went there with a few friends last week, and had a great time. The server was on top of things, friendly, and knowledgeable about the drinks and food. He was also well-versed in the space, who started it (Deep Fork), and strangely enough, remembered my group of people from when we visited another nearby restaurant where he previously worked. Guess we made an impression.

Between all of us, we tried pretty much all the specialty drinks. The cherry bomb was tasty, but pretty sweet. They make their own grenadine, which the waiter explained accounted for some of the drinks being a slightly different color, because they had switched to a new batch. Strawberry fields had brandy in it; not my favorite but I'm sure someone would like it. The Zosa (I think is what it was called) was also quite good. They also have lots of beer on tap because what else goes with fried chicken better than beer?

I thoroughly enjoyed my drummies. I went for the smaller pieces because I knew I'd get a higher crispy-skin ratio, which is the best part of fried chicken, IMHO. It was light, crispy, well-seasoned, and not overcooked. The okra was pretty good, too. I'll have to try another side next time. And there will be a next time.

The restroom was spacious and clean. The light fixtures throughout the restaurant were pretty neat, and now I want to make them.

I definitely recommend the place.
    Still corrupting young minds

do they have boneless drums? ;–)

Thread Information