Widgets Magazine

Thread: Comedy 1560 am

1. Default Comedy 1560 am

How long have we had a comedy station? This is great, but I feel it will follow the path of the Martini and become a sports station, lol.

Default Re: Comedy 1560 am

It use to be Radio Disney before it was Comedy radio station

My kids were not very happy to turn on the radio and find Radio Disney changed to a comedy station. The Disney website still lists 1560 as the local channel for OKC. Whoops, I guess nobody told them it has changed.

It's also on 96.5 FM.

So I started tuning into KEBC 1520 AM (Tyler Broadcasting) a couple of weeks ago based upon suggestions herein and my initial expectations were more than exceeded. Good station. Good comedy clips.

(plus a fairly non-biased article in the gazette that confirmed my observations.
    and one can only digest so many NPR/APR/Affiliate radio waves a day)

Yet I feel the need to express a complaint/suggest an area for improvement especially regarding the fact that some "clear channel" radio dinosaur steps all over the signal after dark. It reminds me of trying to listen to KTOK east of town a couple of decades ago. When they do that "thing" with the antennae (antennas).

Oh. Wait. It's on FM too. ^^
    That's very different. Nevermind. =)

(really: lot's of funny stuff without the need for satellite Serious Radio or XMmmmmm. Kudos to the thread starter.)

I don't know when it started, but youngest son recently borrowed the family tank to help haul donated items he and others were collecting. He set the radio to this comedy station several days ago. I haven't found any reason to bump the radio over to anything else thus far.

7. Default Re: Comedy 1560 am

Yeah, I've been listening to it for about a month now. I have to say it has improved my mood over listening to talk radio.

funny this is being discussed... i don't usually listen to radio but just discovered this station myself when the power was off over the weekend. -M

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I don't know when it started, but youngest son recently borrowed the family tank to help haul donated items he and others were collecting. He set the radio to this comedy station several days ago. I haven't found any reason to bump the radio over to anything else thus far.
    KEBC: Building a Bridge Between Generations At No Extra Charge
    (so shut the "f" up about our billboards, 'kay?)

oops . . . almost fergot: =)

pps: my wife told me that our grandson mentioned what a great new station was on the air. i said that i thought i had heard of it. she's the gift from God to me (for real, no joke) who once wondered why the signal from that NPR station in Norman was coming in so weak since the wind was blowing so strong from that direction. instead of launching into a long, involved explanation of "radio" i just chuckled. almost silently. to myself. it was yet another, previously unknown facet of the "Yes, Dear" diamond.

Well, I for one was enjoying the comedy station for the last year or so. However, the powers that be over at Tyler have insisted that we have yet more Sports talk and therefore another format change takes place. How many sports stations do we have now anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    Well, I for one was enjoying the comedy station for the last year or so. However, the powers that be over at Tyler have insisted that we have yet more Sports talk and therefore another format change takes place. How many sports stations do we have now anyway?
    Too many and too much. Lol.

I really enjoyed Comedy 1560 listening to it as I drove around the city. There is nothing new or interesting in the world of radio programming in Oklahoma City.

Thread Information