Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mustang to get Applebee's and Jack in the Box

Default Re: Mustang to get Applebee's and Jack in the Box

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    People here are getting way off topic like every other thread in this forum. When I click on this thread, I want to see something about either Jack in the Box, or Applebee's, not how a city operates. If you people want to talk about how the city of Mustang operates, or any other city operates, please create a thread with that heading. If I (or anybody else) wants to find out how the City of Mustang do their business, then I will click on that thread. NOW lets get back to the subject. I am glad Mustang is getting a Jack in the Box and an Applebee's, especially Applebee's.
    I don't even know why that was brought up to begin with. So to get back to focus, I'm wondering how the recent storms are going to affect these 2 new restaurants. I know construction was supposed to begin this month originally. That still may be the case but I haven't seen any movement other than some surveying about a month ago.

Good for Yukon and by default, good for El Reno citizens. Loads of ER folks go there to eat. Also to the other poster who posted they can't understand why Yukon has two McD's, it's actually three McD's. There is one on Main Street as well.

I would like to see a Five Guys go in the area. Possibly in those empty storefronts next to the theater. That area really needs to be built up. I would love if a Barnes and Noble went there. I know it's not going to happen because that company is not expanding now. So much potential to build. It would be great if something like Paycom had built their new site there. Would have been great if Express built their headquarters in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That kind of goes back to the argument of why should I have to pay more taxes just because I have a better paying job and more expensive house? But then again I'm all for a consumption tax and to rid us from income tax.
    Couldn't disagree more. If you lived in a state that had no income tax you may change your tune. At least with income tax you pay based on what you earn. Imagine living somewhere where you cannot even predict what you owe from year to year. People in cities where home values increase dramatically are screwed. More importantly, income tax is the only progressive tax; how much you pay is based on how much you earn.

Drove through this area tonight. There is dirt work being at the intersection of what would be NW 10th and Garth Brooks, southwest corner (directly west of the new Domino gas station and directly south of the Ford dealership). Is it Applebee's? Parking lot doesn't look big enough. Is it Jack-in-the-Box? No signs up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    Drove through this area tonight. There is dirt work being at the intersection of what would be NW 10th and Garth Brooks, southwest corner (directly west of the new Domino gas station and directly south of the Ford dealership). Is it Applebee's? Parking lot doesn't look big enough. Is it Jack-in-the-Box? No signs up yet.
    That's Aldi. The Applebee's and Jack in the Box are going in Mustang, not Yukon. They'll be at HWY 152 and Sara Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. If you lived in a state that had no income tax you may change your tune. At least with income tax you pay based on what you earn. Imagine living somewhere where you cannot even predict what you owe from year to year. People in cities where home values increase dramatically are screwed. More importantly, income tax is the only progressive tax; how much you pay is based on how much you earn.
    I think you may be getting confused here. My biggest gripe is that the more I make the more my rate goes up. Obviously the amount will, that's inevitable. No state is completely without income tax as there is still a federal income tax. My statement rids us of FEDERAL income tax, and adds a consumption tax in it's place. The rest would be up to each individual state.

I saw today that dirt work is being done in the lot to the West of My Dentist on HWY 152. I'm going to guess that this will be where Jack in the Box is going in. Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    I saw today that dirt work is being done in the lot to the West of My Dentist on HWY 152. I'm going to guess that this will be where Jack in the Box is going in. Does anyone know?
    That's my guess. I really thought it was going on the other side, but apparently that's just going to be the Applebee's. I'm also wondering when the hospital is going to be started.

9. Default Re: Mustang to get Applebee's and Jack in the Box

That's my guess. I really thought it was going on the other side, but apparently that's just going to be the Applebee's. I'm also wondering when the hospital is going to be started.
    Looking at what they poured concrete wise for applebees I think they are doing the new Small Footprint Prototype. 1200 to 1800sq plan. Not sure its hard to tell.. Fruitful year lets Applebee's branch out - Kansas City Business Journal

But a lot of people look down upon chain restaurants as pretty mediocre at best places to eat, although, it seems plenty of people are enjoying them, possibly to the point of getting fat, judging how packed their parking lots tend to be at dinner time.

Quote Originally Posted by furyswrath View Post
    Looking at what they poured concrete wise for applebees I think they are doing the new Small Footprint Prototype. 1200 to 1800sq plan.[/url]
    I drove by there yesterday and it looks a little bit bigger than the jack in the box across the street. That place is tiny. I'm thinking it's another fast food place and not an Applebee's?

One of the Mustang papers is reporting a ground breaking in September.

I drove by there yesterday and it looks a little bit bigger than the jack in the box across the street. That place is tiny. I'm thinking it's another fast food place and not an Applebee's?
    As far as I know it is the Applebees. They said it was going to be smaller than normal ones. Those are the only 2 places that have been announced so far.

One of the Mustang papers is reporting a ground breaking in September.
    They give any clue what or where it was going to be? Was it the Times or News?

Maybe this is the groundbreaking you were thinking of? It's just the hospital that continues to get delayed.

Mustang Times, Groundbreaking date for healthplex pushed back again

Yes, that is it, the hospital keeps pushing it back. thank you for posting the article.

Thread Information