Widgets Magazine

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by ProV1x View Post
    Because Hollister sucks?
    You are missing the point. Hollister is yesterday's fad. The fact is that national brand stores are being replaced by no-name stores. That is a telltale early sign of a mall in decline.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    You are missing the point. Hollister is yesterday's fad. The fact is that national brand stores are being replaced by no-name stores. That is a telltale early sign of a mall in decline.
    If Hollister sucks, and is yesterday's fad, and it is being replaced, why does that mean the mall is in decline? To me, it says that they are trying to turn around their image of having crappy stores that market towards middle schoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by ProV1x View Post
    If Hollister sucks, and is yesterday's fad, and it is being replaced, why does that mean the mall is in decline? To me, it says that they are trying to turn around their image of having crappy stores that market towards middle schoolers.
    10 years ago Hollister was a solid brand whether you ever liked it or not. It's a sign that the mall may be in decline that such stores are being replaced by low end, mom and pop stores rather than today's trendy stores. Like it or not, national clothing brands have more staying power and do better sales per square foot than a store like Kountry Kollectibles.

Blog Entries

10 years ago Hollister was a solid brand whether you ever liked it or not. It's a sign that the mall may be in decline that such stores are being replaced by low end, mom and pop stores rather than today's trendy stores. Like it or not, national clothing brands have more staying power and do better sales per square foot than a store like Kountry Kollectibles.
    You keep trying to convince everyone QSM is in trouble and it's clearly not. Nor is the growing area around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    You keep trying to convince everyone QSM is in trouble and it's clearly not. Nor is the growing area around it.
    When did I post that? Now that Von Maur is coming soon and H&M looks likely, my opinion has changed on the future direction of Quail Springs. If Von Maur wouldn't have agreed to come, I would stand by my previous statements that QSM is in the early stages of going the Crossroads way.

When did I post that? Now that Von Maur is coming soon and H&M looks likely, my opinion has changed on the future direction of Quail Springs. If Von Maur wouldn't have agreed to come, I would stand by my previous statements that QSM is in the early stages of going the Crossroads way.
    The area around QSM is super wealthy. Don't think anything was ever in trouble there. Just need to find their niche as a mall, now, with all the new tenants.

Thread Information