Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    The Disney Store's lease was up and H&M was able to outbid them for the space. It is a shame for us that have kids that love Disney. The staff at that store was always polite and were some really good people.
    Well don't they still have a Disney Store at the Outlet mall?

The Disney Store's lease was up and H&M was able to outbid them for the space. It is a shame for us that have kids that love Disney. The staff at that store was always polite and were some really good people.
    I heard a rumor that they will be opening in Penn Square. Do you know if that is true?

3. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

I thought there was one already in PSM? Shows how much attention I pay to malls.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I thought there was one already in PSM? Shows how much attention I pay to malls.
    I am certain that there was in the early 2000s. However it has not been here since I moved back to OKC.

5. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

LOL makes sense. The 90s were probably the last time I spent significant time in malls. In the past 15 years or so I've mostly only gone for movies or the Apple store.

My wife and I walked around PSM, both floors, all wings. There is definitely not a Disney Store there, although I would be surprised to see one open.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Well don't they still have a Disney Store at the Outlet mall?
    There is a store at the outlet, but it doesn't do the pre-orders for their Limited Edition Dolls (my wife collects them). They also don't always carry the same items that can be found at the Disney Store.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I heard a rumor that they will be opening in Penn Square. Do you know if that is true?
    That is the rumor I also heard. I do know that most of the full time employees at the Disney Store are transferring to the Outlet.

9. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I am certain that there was in the early 2000s. However it has not been here since I moved back to OKC.
    Disney in PSM closed and Williams Sonoma moved across the streets from 50Penn into their space somewhere in that general time frame.

10. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Aha. That explains it!

Found out yesterday that Baby Gap is closing it's store and they are moving to a space inside the Gap. So just in the past few months Quail has had at least 6 stores close.

I'm not a fan of how you have to go through the mall and then the food court to get into the theater. Of course that was probably done by design to get more mall traffic. At least you can get *out* of the theater without having to go back through the mall.

Found out yesterday that Baby Gap is closing it's store and they are moving to a space inside the Gap. So just in the past few months Quail has had at least 6 stores close.
    I wonder how much of that is due to businesses failing and how much is due to shuffling tenants. The rumor is that at least Disney's lease was bought out for H&M, which would be HUGE for the mall if that rumor ends up panning out.

Most of the tenants that have left Quail in the past few months are struggling businesses that are closing most of their locations ( DEB, Body Central, Wet Seal) or their lease has been bought out ( Disney Store, Auntie Anne's, Cinnamonster, possibly the old A and F) and Quail is doing fine compared to a lot of malls in the US right now ( for example Tulsa Promenade has quite a bit of empty spaces, lower end tenants and is really outdated looking inside. It's like walking into 2005 Crossroads.)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Most of the tenants that have left Quail in the past few months are struggling businesses that are closing most of their locations ( DEB, Body Central, Wet Seal) or their lease has been bought out ( Disney Store, Auntie Anne's, Cinnamonster, possibly the old A and F) and Quail is doing fine compared to a lot of malls in the US right now ( for example Tulsa Promenade has quite a bit of empty spaces, lower end tenants and is really outdated looking inside. It's like walking into 2005 Crossroads.)
    Good to hear. Losing some of those tenants may actually be a good thing because it will open up space for better stores. With Von Maur there and if something like H&M is coming to the mall, I don't think there needs to be much worry about its ability to bring in quality tenants. I agree about Tulsa Promenade and 2005 Crossroads. While technically it was the 2008 recession that was the end for crossroads, all the signs were there in 2005 that the mall didn't have a lot of time left.

Well people say they want higher quality stores at Penn Square. The mall can't just roll from one lease into the next lease. Businesses are on their own schedules.

We lost our Pendleton store in Edmond because I was told people just did not want to pay the full price on items and would wait for them to mark stuff down before buying. They could not make money doing that so they just closed the store. Now if one wants to shop Pendleton, we can just drive to Tulsa.

I never realized Edmond had a Pendleton store. Where was it?

19. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

There used to be a Pendleton store in 50 Penn

Pendleton moved out of 50 Penn and opened at spring creek plaza. They closed that store about a year ago. Not surprised that a store full of flannel and wool things struggles in a state where 7-8 months of the year it is very warm.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Pendleton moved out of 50 Penn and opened at spring creek plaza. They closed that store about a year ago. Not surprised that a store full of flannel and wool things struggles in a state where 7-8 months of the year it is very warm.
    bahaha, right.

They should have moved to the Plaza district, hipsters can't get enough flannel.

22. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

One more reason to think the H&M rumors might have legs is that the 'convenience store' and Orange Julius, which were upstairs in front of the A&F space, have been moved down to the food court.

To add more fuel to the H and M rumors, Journey's is about to move into the old Suncoast space , Ruth's has moved into the old Wet Seal space and Exit is closing soon. Oh and there's now an OJ/DQ hybrid store in the food court

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    It's like walking into 2005 Crossroads.)
    Ouch! I used to work in Crossroads back in the very early 90's. It was THE mall back then.
    Fast forward to 2009, I was working for a grease-containment company and I had to get on the roof of Crossroads. Walking on the roof was less scary than walking in the mall at that time.

Went to Quail today and there are a ton of closed spaces. Not sure what all the hype is about. I was extremely disappointed with how many closed storefronts there were. And the Cash n gold store where Pearl Vision used to be seems to be the norm. There are a lot of businesses opening up like that.

Thread Information