Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall --- Finally, it's own thread.

It looks like "Image" currently in the Abercrombie & Fitch spot is moving to a prime spot in the Von Maur wing. That makes me wonder what will be in store for its current spot, which is probably one of the best spots in the entire mall.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    It looks like "Image" currently in the Abercrombie & Fitch spot is moving to a prime spot in the Von Maur wing. That makes me wonder what will be in store for its current spot, which is probably one of the best spots in the entire mall.
    Maybe banana republic or something upscale. they could divide a and f for 2-3 stores. A little side note about image, they're now occupying the former Lane Bryant at Penn Square which is pretty disappointing.

It was a very conformist era, much different than the hipster era of today where everybody is trying to be different.
    All hipsters try to be different, but in the end they all end up looking the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    All hipsters try to be different, but in the end they all end up looking the same.
    There is nothing quite so conformist as modeling oneself after those seeking to be different.

Blog Entries

Ahh. Hipsters...the new hippies, er beatniks, er zoot suiters. Everything old is new again. And they think they are doing something unique, individual and cool like no one before. Every kid likes to think they are the first to be different and don't realize how much they are the same. They have no perspective. LOL

When it starts being cool to be part of the cool crowd, it's no longer cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Maybe banana republic or something upscale. they could divide a and f for 2-3 stores. A little side note about image, they're now occupying the former Lane Bryant at Penn Square which is pretty disappointing.
    I agree. I looked image up and it actually is a national chain, but they are almost never in upscale, prime malls. Most of them are in dying malls or small town malls. If the waiting list for Penn Square really is as long as I've heard it is, surely they could have brought in a little higher quality tenant?

Back on Quail Springs, they have done a pretty good job at keeping the place fully leased, but they really need to up it a notch in terms of the quality of the tenants. Quail Springs used to be awesome when I lived in OKC has a child. Now, I can't think of much of a reason to go there except to the movie theater.

I agree. I looked image up and it actually is a national chain, but they are almost never in upscale, prime malls. Most of them are in dying malls or small town malls. If the waiting list for Penn Square really is as long as I've heard it is, surely they could have brought in a little higher quality tenant?

Back on Quail Springs, they have done a pretty good job at keeping the place fully leased, but they really need to up it a notch in terms of the quality of the tenants. Quail Springs used to be awesome when I lived in OKC has a child. Now, I can't think of much of a reason to go there except to the movie theater.
    They may just be continuing the pattern of signing short term leases for that space while they find something better. No money has been spent remodeling this space since it was Lane Bryant. I think they literally moved in a few weeks after the Thunder store closed up shop.

$22.5 million building permit today for Von Maur.

Should be starting construction very soon.

That's a lot for a renovation?

And the $22.5 mil permit specifically says "shell only".

I'm sure this is for the structure itself and not all the fixtures.

Sounds like they will be putting a ton of money into the place.

11. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall --- Finally, it's own thread.

The decimal point is likely in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    The decimal point is likely in the wrong place.
    Could very well be.

They (City staff) did the same thing when entering the permit info for the Firehouse townhouse project in Deep Deuce.

they gotta pay the piano players something

Yeah, you can build a whole new store from ground up for $22million. Has to be a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    $22.5 million building permit today for Von Maur.

Should be starting construction very soon.
    They have been doing construction for about a month. They demolished the automotive section of the building and are building a new wall to close off the building where the automotive section used to be.

Here are some recent Von Maur construction photos courtesy of catch22:

As a former Sears Quail Springs employee, they fixed the air conditioner 3 times and 5 minutes after they fixed it...it broke again. They didn't want to spend the money to replace the whole a/c system because the store was closing.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I wish Von Maur would come during December of 2013. A lot can happen from now to spring 2014, from what I've heard JCP is closing a lot of stores this year
    I used to work there and you have no idea how bad of shape the Sears building was in so I can understand why they aren't planning to open until the Fall of 2014. A lot of it couldn't been seen by the public because it was back in the stock room. The floor between the levels needs to be reinforced and the escalators and elevator need to be completely torn out and replaced.

They have been busy with Von Maur. The entire inside of the store is being gutted out as well as all the exterior walls. Makes me wonder why removing the automotive side was its own little project and why they were so careful at demolishing it and placing the temporary walls. lol

I would bet it was actually the mall owners who had the new roof and automotive area removed and Von Maur is doing the more extensive work taking place now.

There is a Halloween store where Abercrombie used to be. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC4me View Post
    There is a Halloween store where Abercrombie used to be. Lame.
    They had that before, a few years ago I think. In al honesty, I don't think it is that bad as long as they carry some quality merchandise.

Was there on Wednesday and walked past two guys talking, one of whom said "this mall just isn't fun anymore".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    Was there on Wednesday and walked past two guys talking, one of whom said "this mall just isn't fun anymore".
    Well, there you go....indisputable proof it is doomed. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    Well with Von Maur and possibly H and M coming soon,GGP has a chance to turnaround the mall so it's "fun again" and add some decent tenants

They have probably demolished 60 percent of the old Sears building. I can see why its not opening until Fall 2014 now. It would probably be faster if they just demolished the whole thing and rebuilt from scratch.

Thread Information