Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Del Taco

Default Re: Del Taco

If the weather plays nicely I plan to try it out around 1AM on Sunday morning lol

Went today. Good as always just like California!

Is this a Cali-based chain? I was a little surprised they use high fructose corn syrup in their taco sauce. Aren't alternative ingredients for that easy to find?

For fast-food fare, Bueno has decent burritos, but their taco meat is too salty. Taco Bell's meat is inedible. Mayo is, well, Mayo. I would be game for a decent fast-food taco option.

Taco Casa in Norman is really good.

We tried it out tonight, it was pretty good. I don't really see what all the fuss is about but that's just my personal opinion, not gonna tell someone they're wrong for thinking it's the end all, be all, of fast food mexican. Definitely better than Taco Bell (but so is damn near anything), liked the ground beef much better than Bueno's & thought there was more flavor overall than Bueno. Kinda reminds me of Mayo before Mayo started their "fresh grill" thing. Staff was friendly but they left out one of our burritos (which we kinda expected since it's opening day & didn't get mad about).

Here's what we tried:
    Del Beef Burrito - "good but nothing special" and there was almost 3 inches of excess tortilla from where the filling stopped & the tortilla ended so it appeared to be a decent sized burrito til you realized 1/4 of it was empty
    Spicy Chicken Burrito - "good, the chicken tasted fresh & not pre-cooked/pre-formed" was wondering where the spice was though, felt like it needed something to give it a little oomph
    Beer Battered Fish Tacos - "very good & has the potential to be even better" these had the most flavor & we'll definitely get these again. Liked the lime wedge.
    Value Crunchy Tacos - "just like any other cheap taco" not much to say here, it was a crunchy taco. Had a decent amount of meat, not three little crumbles like at Bell.
    Cheesecake Bites - If you've had the cheesecake chimichangas from Bueno you've had these. Delicious & loved the caramel.
    Taco Sauce - I tried the original, didn't care for it...it's got an as-yet-unidentified twang to it that was kinda metallic. I didn't try the Inferno (hot) sauce but was told it was hot enough but kinda meh. No one tried the Scorch (medium).

I tried it for lunch and thought it was pretty tasty.... It reminded me of Taco Mayo in its earlier years which IMO was way better than it is now. Its still just a fast food taco joint its also a little pricey a burrito is around 3 bucks and they're not very big. I would eat there before going to Mayo, Bell, or Bueno, But would choose Tacoville any day over of any of them.

Was in Moore, it was around supper, the wife and I looked at the DQ traffic morass, opted for the only slightly less crowded Del Taco. Long wait, good choice on the menu. Wife was totally put off by the excessive (in her opinion) use of cilantro (but then, again, cilantro sharing a roof/city/world with her is excessive).
    Me: meh. It's not my favorite and I will neither go out of my way to go there again or avoid it if with a group that prefers it.

The wife and I stopped in today to give it a taste test. Wasn't very impressed. Kinda in between Taco Bell and Bueno. Bueno is still tops to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mailslinger View Post
    The wife and I stopped in today to give it a taste test. Wasn't very impressed. Kinda in between Taco Bell and Bueno. Bueno is still tops to us!
    That is my wife's opinion as well and we don't have Bueno up here in Denver.

Their fish tacos aren't bad for a fast food joint...Between the four of em on 19th I would say Bell is the bottom then Mayo then Del then Bueno

i didn't realize there was a bueno on 19th... is it pretty new? -M

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i didn't realize there was a bueno on 19th... is it pretty new? -M
    Oopsie...Guess I should have just said close by instead of 19th...Unfortunately the closest one to me is on 12th and Santa Fe

I tried this place about a week ago. Very good.

A lot better than taco bell

Stopped by tonight to give it a try. Had a Beef Taco al carbon which is basically a street taco for $1.65 and the Del Beef Burrito which was three something. Thought the taco seemed high but then remember that a lot of the food trucks have gone to $1.50 so really not that much more. Burrito did seem lacking on filling. Staff was very friendly in the drive thru and service was quick and correct.

The food quality and taste was quite good. The taco had fresh pico on it and it complemented the taco nicely. It tasted like maybe there was a sauce on it and tasted excellent so I didn't had any sauce. I would go back here for tacos again. The Del Beef Burrito also tasted very fresh and the texture of the meat felt like it was made that day versus being just a heat and serve product. I had the hot sauce and it had a nice flavor that left a nice but subtle burn. It enhanced the burrito.

Overall, a little expensive for the portion size but you can taste the freshness of the product and unlike a lot of fast food Mexican places, the food had several different flavors of the different ingredients in each bite versus just one flavor. The taco, a medium drink and the Del Beef Burrito was $7.16 total

Thread Information