Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprouts

Default Re: Sunflower Farmers Market to 6401 N. May

I think this is going to really dent business at that Homeland on North May and Britton, as well as the Buy 4 Less. I go to Crest a lot but I can guarantee you I'll probably be visiting Sunflower on a regular basis -- and Whole Foods when I feel like a splurge.

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I think this is going to really dent business at that Homeland on North May and Britton, as well as the Buy 4 Less. I go to Crest a lot but I can guarantee you I'll probably be visiting Sunflower on a regular basis -- and Whole Foods when I feel like a splurge.
    Or when you want some nice booze or wine..oh wait. Lol

I'd rather have fresh organic fruits and veggies than wine and cold beer, but that's just me.

If I have to cross the street for a bottle of wine and beer, so be it. Would I prefer wine and cold beer in the grocery store, of course, but until things change I won't be too bothered by it.

I understand that Sunflower will be open before Whole Foods.

Where have you seen the dates for either one of these? What are they?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Local retail leasing guy at one of the big firms.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    I also think that all of our Maps projects will be completed before Whole Foods opens.

9. Default Re: Sunflower Farmers Market to 6401 N. May

I live right around the corner and we don't have a grocery store in the immediate area. It will be nice to have a new place to shop.

Drove by today and the entry doors were open and there were work trucks parked in front of the store. Also, they have acknowledged they are opening a store in OKC on their FB page, although they didn't say where it is going to be. This should be a great location!!

I'm sure a big part of their strategy is to be open before Whole Foods, which they should do with ease.

I bet Sunflower is open in 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    I'm sure a big part of their strategy is to be open before Whole Foods, which they should do with ease.

I bet Sunflower is open in 90 days.
    Their comment on their FB page said fall, but I'm certainly hoping it's sooner! Was looking at their ads for the Albq NM store and they were advertising Boar's Head deli meats. . .hope they will carry them here in OKC. Not readily available in OKC (Crescent Mkt and ltd selection at Kamps).

re-reading some of the previous posts. . .Sam's Liquor store (NW corner intersection) will be convenient. . . until we can get wine in the grocery stores (lol)!!

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    Their comment on their FB page said fall, but I'm certainly hoping it's sooner! Was looking at their ads for the Albq NM store and they were advertising Boar's Head deli meats. . .hope they will carry them here in OKC. Not readily available in OKC (Crescent Mkt and ltd selection at Kamps).
    Now this is really exciting. I love Boars Head meats and cheeses. Crescent Markets selection is very limited, and the last 2 times I've tried to go to Kamps they were either closed or the line was so long, I couldn't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    Now this is really exciting. I love Boars Head meats and cheeses. Crescent Markets selection is very limited, and the last 2 times I've tried to go to Kamps they were either closed or the line was so long, I couldn't wait.
    . . . maybe some folks will be wiling to go to their web site and ask them please, please?!! I did!
    Last edited by foodiefan; 04-19-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: addition

The story is now confirmed: From the Progressive Grocer....

http://www.progressivegrocer.com/top...homa-location/

Looking at a September opening.

They carry Boar's Head at the South Austin store.

Quote Originally Posted by DelCamino View Post
    The story is now confirmed: From the Progressive Grocer....

http://www.progressivegrocer.com/top...homa-location/

Looking at a September opening.
    Looks like we can add another "first in OK" to the OKC list v.s Tulsa.

You can get boars heads at tons of places in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    You can get boars heads at tons of places in OKC
    Would you mind sharing, please? I'm specifically talking about deli meats to bring home. . .not to go and eat a sandwich at a deli. The only places I've found are Crescent Market and Kamp's. MIdtown Deli had some when they were open, but the selection was very limited and their focus was the eat-in sandwich.

Cool Re: Sunflower Farmers Market to 6401 N. May

Got a reply to my email from Sunflower!! They are still saying September and no confirmation on the address, but . . . .

We will be opening a store in OK city in September. Yes, we will have Boars Head meats, an in store bakery, and artisan bread. We look forward to our new venture and thank you for your support.

Paula Cataldo
    Sunflower Farmers Market
    Phoenix Support Office

Would you mind sharing, please? I'm specifically talking about deli meats to bring home. . .not to go and eat a sandwich at a deli. The only places I've found are Crescent Market and Kamp's. MIdtown Deli had some when they were open, but the selection was very limited and their focus was the eat-in sandwich.
    You can get it by the pound at Hobbies hoagies, and Forward Foods, also pretty sure the new SW Crest store carries it, those are just a few off the top of my head in addition to the others mentioned, I know there is more though. I used to like it, but I think Boars Head is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    You can get it by the pound at Hobbies hoagies, and Forward Foods, also pretty sure the new SW Crest store carries it, those are just a few off the top of my head in addition to the others mentioned, I know there is more though. I used to like it, but I think Boars Head is overrated.
    Thx!! I'm in FF pretty regularly. . . just must have not noticed it. If the SW Crest carries it, perhaps they can get it at my Crest as well. You mentioned you t hink it's overrated. . .what do you recommend? Share the wealth!!

I'm not so sure Boar's Head is all that rare. I'm more interested in organic/local/naturally raised meats, which it sounds like they carry at Sunflower.

So is Sunflower's the Publix of the Southwest?

Thread Information