Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Edmond Trails

Default Re: Edmond Trails

Nice update with some aerial imagery.

Update on the Spring Creek Trail:

Construction of the Spring Creek Trail is moving forward, said Assistant City Manager Steve Commons. Groundbreaking for the paved, multiuse Spring Creek Trail at Arcadia Lake was in October.

The Spring Creek Trail will cover 3.1 miles beginning just north of Fox Lake Lane, and running east along the creek to Spring Creek Park at Arcadia Lake. This key trail will be the connection point to the future Arcadia Lake Trail encompassing the lake.

“We found one area where we had a conflict with a utility gas line that we have to work around,” Commons said. “I think we’ve got solutions.”

A soft area of ground has been discovered on the trail that brings concerns about placement of the trail, he said. The city recently authorized the soil analysis and drilling in the boggy soil, Commons told members of the Capital Projects and Financing Task Force.

“If you’ve been out there walking it’s fine. You can see where it’s going to go,” Commons said. “They’re working on both ends of it trying to get things going.”

If the problem cannot be solved soon the city may consider adding a bridge over the soft soil.

Read more here: http://www.edmondsun.com/news/spring...1e41841ad.html

Spring Creek Trail completion delayed until spring 2017.

http://www.edmondsun.com/news/spring...3537af71d.html

I'll be excited when Google Maps updates their imagery to see what this thing looks like. Even when I drive over the creek on I-35 or even the access roads, I can't really see anything.

Speaking of Google, I saw the Google Streetview car driving through my neighborhood in Edmond yesterday.

Aerials have been updated.

The map on page 13 makes it look like they may be getting rid of the existing Spring Creek Trail. Not the best trail in the world, and fairly dangerous (two-way single track with poor visibility), but would still be sad to see it go.

Any idea if the 17-mile loop has actually been funded?

It appears the city has the intention of funding it. Not sure if that's the case, but it could come from the sales tax extension that was approved a few years back.

Just wondering if there is any update on this project? Every once in a while I hear how cool the trails will be but then no news for weeks and weeks.
    Any news? At all?

11. Default Re: Edmond Trails

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Just wondering if there is any update on this project? Every once in a while I hear how cool the trails will be but then no news for weeks and weeks.
    Any news? At all?
    2:58 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yIt5TxAGc

13. Default Re: Edmond Trails

“We could have a trail open that you could only get to from one end which would be from the lake,” Commons said.

So they built a trail that no one can access except from the lake end, which I believe will require payment of a fee to enter and park. Really? They didn't think of this before now? How does that even happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    “We could have a trail open that you could only get to from one end which would be from the lake,” Commons said.

So they built a trail that no one can access except from the lake end, which I believe will require payment of a fee to enter and park. Really? They didn't think of this before now? How does that even happen?
    That's a little ridiculous. I hope they don't just leave it at that. There should be a solution.

Obviously that's not their intent. There have been ownership changes, and ODOT issues, as mentioned in the article. I think it's good they're trying to be up front, that when it opens it won't be perfect. It'll still be a work in progress.

Any update on this?

17. Default Re: Edmond Trails

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Any update on this?
    City manager's report from Tuesday indicated they hoped the trail would be open in October. But we've heard that before. Let's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    City manager's report from Tuesday indicated they hoped the trail would be open in October. But we've heard that before. Let's hope!
    Thanks for the info.

Also, do you if it's still the plan to only have one access point to the trails and that being at the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Also, do you if it's still the plan to only have one access point to the trails and that being at the lake?
    https://youtu.be/1IoSZag7TjY?t=2m39s

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    Great info. Thanks.

21. Default Re: Edmond Trails

Edmond announced on Twitter yesterday that the trail will open Thanksgiving day.

The long-awaited opening of Spring Creek Trail to the public is set for Thursday, November 23rd. At this time, users can only access the trail from Arcadia Lake’s Spring Creek Park located at 7200 East 15th Street.

“We are excited for this trail to open,” said Parks and Recreation Director Craig Dishman. “It has been a long process completing this trail, but we are positive that residents will enjoy walking, running and biking in a beautiful, secluded setting. We will have a formal dedication in Spring 2018.”

The 3.1 mile long pathway runs west from Spring Creek Park at Arcadia Lake to I-35. The eighteen foot wide trail has dedicated lanes for both cycling and running/walking.

To access the trail, residents can enter Spring Creek Park on 15th Street, but will not be charged a fee if only accessing the trail. Signage and flyers will direct users to parking and the trailhead.

In 2018, the trail will receive two new trailheads at Integris Medical Center and at Fox Lake Trail on the west side of I-35. The trail will also connect to the proposed future Arcadia Lake Trail that will loop around the lake. The eighteen mile long Arcadia Lake Trail will be privately funded and does not have a current timeline for construction.

The Spring Creek Trail was constructed at a cost of $3,225,500 with Rudy Construction as the contractor for the project. For more information on the City of Edmond’s trails, please visit http://edmondparks.com

22. Default Re: Edmond Trails

Went out and walked the first mile with the wife, daughter and dog. There were a ton of folks out walking, running and biking. It's really an impressive thing. I plan to run the whole thing this weekend. Some pics from today:

IMG_20171124_154129.jpgIMG_20171124_154237.jpgIMG_20171124_154618.jpgIMG_20171124_154707.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any road crossing? Even though it is on the short side, could make a nice bike loop if there are no crossings.

24. Default Re: Edmond Trails

No road crossings at all. I did run the whole thing Sunday. It's only 2.4 miles, not the 3.1 the city keeps saying. I suspect the 3.1 may include the trail behind wal mart - if you include that, there would be one road crossing at Fox Lake Lane, but that connection is not built. The trail goes under I-35 to the west side of the west service road and dead ends. You have to turn around and go back.

Yeah, I ran the first ~1.25 miles today. It is a very nice trail. Still not Tulsa River Parks, but the best trail in OKC. The lack of road crossing will make it nicer too.

They did have a sign posted that made it sound like they plan on charging to use the trail in the future? The sign said an annual pass will be $20/yr. If true that is sad. Bad enough that Edmond can't support Arcadia Lake without charging as much as an annual pass for all National Parks with far stricter rules, but now they are also going to charge for trails? Maybe instead of expanding roads that are no where near capacity into massive boulevards the city could show some love to quality of life improvements and sustainment of them.

Thread Information