Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Edmond Trails

1. Default Re: Edmond Trails

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    They did have a sign posted that made it sound like they plan on charging to use the trail in the future? .
    I doubt they could do this since the trail will have a Western Connection that is not in the lake park. I agree it would be stupid to try.

Default Re: Edmond Trails

I bet the $20 will be for Edmond residents only, not the ones across the line in Oklahoma county or OKC. Right now only Edmond residents can buy lake passes. (note a lot of people with Edmond addresses live in Okc)

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I bet the $20 will be for Edmond residents only, not the ones across the line in Oklahoma county or OKC. Right now only Edmond residents can buy lake passes. (note a lot of people with Edmond addresses live in Okc)
    I checked with the city and was told that there are no plans to charge for trail access now or in the future after the other access points open. The people that work at the lake gate will be responsible for determining who is a trail only user vs somebody using other things at the lake.

Here is the image I was talking about. Reading it again, with what you all said. I think they must be talking about a pedestrian pass for Arcadia Lake, not for the trail. But it is written pretty poorly and the only way a pedestrian pass would help you is if you entered the park on the trail and stuck around for awhile.

IMG_20171129_213436.jpg

This is one of my big problems with Arcadia Lake's charging. They have a different pass, with a different price for everything.

I ran the trail again today, only a few other people out there. But man it is nice. I am really looking forward to the other trail heads opening because it'll make it easier for me to go after work.

6. Default Re: Edmond Trails

I ran the trail again today, only a few other people out there. But man it is nice. I am really looking forward to the other trail heads opening because it'll make it easier for me to go after work.
    I'm looking forward to the other trail heads opening up so that brutal hill is not right at the end...

8. Default Re: Edmond Trails

The Integris end is essentially open. I've already used it twice. It's very nice. Takes the trail to almost exactly 2.5 miles each way. And it puts that %$Y^%$## hill in the middle, not at the end.

Anyone know the status of the trail being extended to completely encircle Lake Arcadia?

I know there have been private fundraising efforts.

^^^ I too am curious about this.

Here are two recently approved additions:

Connection of Spring Creek to Fox Lake and OnCue to Mercy.
    agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agenda_publish.cfm?dsp=agm&seq=11780&rev=0&id=&for m_type=AG_MEMO&beg_meetmth=12&beg_meetyr=2018&end_ meetmth=2&end_meetyr=2019&mt=ALL&sstr=trail&dept=A LL&hartkeywords=&sortby=f.form_num,%20f.rev_num&fp =ADVSRCH&StartRow=1

Route 66 trail from Midwest Boulevard to Post Road.
    agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agenda_publish.cfm?dsp=agm&seq=11808&rev=0&id=&for m_type=AG_MEMO&beg_meetmth=12&beg_meetyr=2018&end_ meetmth=2&end_meetyr=2019&mt=ALL&sstr=trail&dept=A LL&hartkeywords=&sortby=f.form_num,%20f.rev_num&fp =ADVSRCH&StartRow=1

Does this new extension go under the high way yet, or is that still in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    Here are two recently approved additions:

Connection of Spring Creek to Fox Lake and OnCue to Mercy.
    agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agenda_publish.cfm?dsp=agm&seq=11780&rev=0&id=&for m_type=AG_MEMO&beg_meetmth=12&beg_meetyr=2018&end_ meetmth=2&end_meetyr=2019&mt=ALL&sstr=trail&dept=A LL&hartkeywords=&sortby=f.form_num,%20f.rev_num&fp =ADVSRCH&StartRow=1

Route 66 trail from Midwest Boulevard to Post Road.
    agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agenda_publish.cfm?dsp=agm&seq=11808&rev=0&id=&for m_type=AG_MEMO&beg_meetmth=12&beg_meetyr=2018&end_ meetmth=2&end_meetyr=2019&mt=ALL&sstr=trail&dept=A LL&hartkeywords=&sortby=f.form_num,%20f.rev_num&fp =ADVSRCH&StartRow=1
    Those links aren't working. Could you post a different link or instructions for finding them?

This is from the City of Edmond "Projects under Design":

Route 66 Trail: 2.44 mile ODOT-led project that will run from Midwest Blvd to
    Post Rd near Route 66 (2nd St.). Design will be complete in winter 2018. No
    timeline yet on construction.
    I-35 Frontage Road Trails: One section would provide a side path trail from
    Mercy Health Center to 15th. Another section would provide a path from Fox Lake
    Trail to the Spring Creek Trail. These projects will receive funding assistance from
    ODOT for construction. The projects should be bid by ODOT in April 2019. Once
    a bid is selected a construction timeline will follow.
    Recently Completed Projects:

Spring Creek Trail: West side of I-35 between 2nd & 15th to Spring Creek Park at
    Arcadia Lake. 2.5 mile trail, 18 feet wide, separate lanes for cyclists and
    pedestrians. Opened Thanksgiving 2017.
    Projects under construction:

Integris Trail: Quarter of a mile trail to connect to Spring Creek Trail. It will be
    accessible by parking in the Integris parking lot, located on the east side of the I-35
    frontage road between 2nd & 15th. Construction began in September 2018 and will
    last 120 days. Open spring 2019
    Spring Creek Trail Extension & Parking Lot: Located near the fare booth on
    15th & Midwest Blvd. Both the extension and parking lot will allow access to
    Spring Creek Trail without having to go through the fare booth. Construction
    began in September 2018 and will last 120 days. Open spring 2019.

Those links aren't working. Could you post a different link or instructions for finding them?
    Sorry about that. Let's try again.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...RCH&StartRow=1

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...RCH&StartRow=1

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I-35 Frontage Road Trails: One section would provide a side path trail from
    Mercy Health Center to 15th. Another section would provide a path from Fox Lake
    Trail to the Spring Creek Trail. These projects will receive funding assistance from
    ODOT for construction. The projects should be bid by ODOT in April 2019. Once
    a bid is selected a construction timeline will follow.
    Once this part gets done, usage should go way up. As it is now, most of Edmond is cutoff from these trails. Once these access points are done then people will be able to bike to the trails from any of the several surrounding neighborhoods. As it is now, you'd have to bike down rte 66 (not recommended) or load up your bike and drive to the trails which makes the trails lose part of their appeal. Really, these access points should have been done a long time ago.

I'm curious about this trail:

Creek Bend Trail: 1.2 miles from west side of Spring Creek Trail to Coltrane. ACOG funding is being provided. Initial design work is complete. Right of Way
    acquisition will begin soon. No timeline yet on construction.
    I'm guessing it will follow Spring Creek to Coltrane? It would be nice to see Edmond go big and pass a larger bond package to get these projects built sooner than waiting until we are too old to even use these trails.

It's so pretty out there.

These trails have the potential to be a great system and asset to the entire area.

^^^I agree. If somehow they could connect it to OKC trails on dedicated trails, it would be incredible.

Thanks,

It'd be really nice if the city put out a map of all of this (I am sure they have, but I can't find it). It sounds like there is going to end up being enough trails soon to actually be enough to really make it worth taking the bike out there.

Thanks,

It'd be really nice if the city put out a map of all of this (I am sure they have, but I can't find it). It sounds like there is going to end up being enough trails soon to actually be enough to really make it worth taking the bike out there.
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for..

https://edmondok.com/DocumentCenter/...IL-MAPS?bidId=

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for..

https://edmondok.com/DocumentCenter/...IL-MAPS?bidId=
    Thanks, that is pretty decent. Doesn't have the route 66 trail though.

Thanks, that is pretty decent. Doesn't have the route 66 trail though.
    I added some of these to Google Maps. There is no map that I have seen, so this is a rough estimate.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?h...389205494&z=15

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I added some of these to Google Maps. There is no map that I have seen, so this is a rough estimate.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?h...389205494&z=15
    Cool thanks, That'll be nice.

At one time the city had a plan to build trails that followed the major creeks on the east side of I-35. I was wondering how that would work with some folks having houses close by or some folks having pastures with horses and cows.

Thread Information