Are you British?
    Yes... But thats not important right now

Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Quote Originally Posted by soho View Post
    yes... But thats not important right now

Ugh. Bricktown.... Our news sucks.

5. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Yeah, district boundaries are pretty much worthless for a large percentage of the OKC population. It's all Bricktown as far as they're concerned; even the CBD. Especially difficult for Deep Deuce to differentiate itself, due to proximity. Hopefully that will change soon.

It also doesn't help when places like The Hill promote themselves as being in Bricktown (though understandable, I suppose).

It cuts both ways though. When the state trooper blasted the guy attempting a home invasion at his place in Deep Deuce, it was widely reported as having occurred in or near Bricktown, with little or no mention of Deep Deuce. And of course there is paid parking in multiple places throughout downtown (most notably CBD, south and west of Chesapeake, a few lots in Automobile Alley, all around the Arts District - especially during Civic Center events - and very soon I suspect in Midtown), but if you ask around most people will tell you that only Bricktown charges for parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yeah, district boundaries are pretty much worthless for a large percentage of the OKC population.
    Yeah it's weird. I've even heard Stockyards City described as being "downtown". Wha?

The menu looks good too…except I doubt I'd never order a burger there as Johnnie's Burgers do nothing for me.
    I like their Thetas and their ceasars, but mainly just because thy're distinctive. Their more traditionally dressed burgers are kind of boring. S&B burgers have more imagination and are better cooked, imo, but this place seems to be a lot more than just Johnnie's burgers. I'm anxious to hear what the food is like that isn't found on a Johnnie's menu.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Yeah it's weird. I've even heard Stockyards City described as being "downtown". Wha?

I like their Thetas and their ceasars, but mainly just because thy're distinctive. Their more traditionally dressed burgers are kind of boring. S&B burgers have more imagination and are better cooked, imo, but this place seems to be a lot more than just Johnnie's burgers. I'm anxious to hear what the food is like that isn't found on a Johnnie's menu.
    I'm not sure if it's on the regular Johnnie's menu or not but I had the Caesar salad with grilled salmon on Friday night. It was incredibly good.

I just back from Urban Johnnies. It was great. First off, I am a vegetarian so I will not be commenting on the meat items. I also gave up sugar and fried foods for Lent so I will not be commenting on the dessert or fried items. (Although they looked awesome. I will be getting the banana split as soon after Easter as I can

First, the service was excellent. We sat at a tablet upstairs, which has a separate bar. It is also bigger than the pictures gave it credit for. There is probably a tv for each table. Most things were familiar but not the same as regular Johnnies. I had a #9 Theta burger with a veggie patty. The patty was different than regular Johnnies which is a good thing in my opinion. The bun is different and the pickles and mayo also came on the side. I also got a cup of veggie chili which was outstanding. I would guess most people would not miss the meat. My husband got a burger and onion rings. The rings are visibly thinner than regular Johnnies. He said they tasted good but not as good.

When we went at 6 we were one of the few tables upstairs but it was filling up quickly by the time we left. The manager came over to make sure we were satisfied and I believe one of the owners was at the door making sure people were satisfied as we left. We will definitely be putting this place on our regular rotation. We may try it for brunch this weekend. The brunch menu sounds fantastic.

Went tonight. It's very good. The other "non-Johnnies items" are quite good, such as the excellent hummus. Warning: the "Johnnies" items are not made traditionally. The theta has a different bun and pickles and the chili-cheese burger features vegetarian chili. My theta was quite good but I don't understand why they would mess with perfection.

10. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Stopped in for a to-go order. Chatted with soonerguru, so now I don't have to post my thoughts on clubs in Bricktown. Burger was great, though cheese was a slice of American rather than the shredded stuff I normally get at Johnnie's so I'm hoping I can get the traditional version. Onion rings were spot-on, though portion quite a bit lighter. I don't know how price compared, so that could have been a factor. Upstairs is incredible. I see lots of nights up there in my future.

Yeah, district boundaries are pretty much worthless for a large percentage of the OKC population. It's all Bricktown as far as they're concerned; even the CBD. Especially difficult for Deep Deuce to differentiate itself, due to proximity.
    Don't get me started... You know how this makes me crazy...

Just got back Great space kind of republic light as far as atmosphere. Will be a great spot for down town.

Clearly they went. With the. Blank space? Add another 40+ inch tv. Logic which for a sport bar is fantastic.

13. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Just got back Great space kind of republic light as far as atmosphere. Will be a great spot for down town.

Clearly they went. With the. Blank space? Add another 40+ inch tv. Logic which for a sport bar is fantastic.
    Spend a little time at their bar?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    Spend a little time at their bar?
    Haha. I felt like I was reading Captain Kirk lines...

15. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
    Don't get me started... You know how this makes me crazy...
    Well, in all fairness I'm pretty sure you were already crazy.

By the way, everybody congratulate Fantastic on his new baby!

16. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

It's almost to the point where you look around and think "is there such a thing as TOO MANY televisions?" And of course, the answer is "NO. Don't be an idiot."

Blog Entries

I'll be there for lunch soon. I'm wearing a blue OKC Energy shirt and will be with a cute blonde if anyone wants to say hi.

From their Facebook page:

19. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Had lunch there today. They DO offer Johnnie's (shredded) cheese...but they forgot it! Along with giving me fries instead of rings. BUT, it was so delicious that I didn't even notice until the fries were gone and the burger was down to a bite or two. So, obviously still dialing it in, but no doubt they will get it. Both times in I have seen guys who I believe are Johnnie's sons watching the place like hawks. I expect it to be 100% on-task within a couple of days. And upon my second visit I am still just as enamored with the space. It's a fantastic spot.

Had lunch there today. They DO offer Johnnie's (shredded) cheese...but they forgot it! Along with giving me fries instead of rings. BUT, it was so delicious that I didn't even notice until the fries were gone and the burger was down to a bite or two. So, obviously still dialing it in, but no doubt they will get it. Both times in I have seen guys who I believe are Johnnie's sons watching the place like hawks. I expect it to be 100% on-task within a couple of days. And upon my second visit I am still just as enamored with the space. It's a fantastic spot.
    I blame the blue accent color, for why the onion rings and cheese were failed to be delivered.

21. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Exactly. It makes people go all wonky.

So wait, people.are going to walk *GASP* between the restaurant and the patio area?!

[Trick question, cause no one walks in OKC]

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    So wait, people.are going to walk *GASP* between the restaurant and the patio area?!

[Trick question, cause no one walks in OKC]
    I was hoping they would build a small drive thru lane where the patio is. Disappointed.

24. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Hopefully ABLE does not hassle them about servers walking liquor, wine and strong beer across the sidewalk to the patio. That has been an issue previously in Bricktown, as technically the sidewalk is a public area and not licensed premises. In fairness, I don't think they have been as aggressive about enforcing this lately.

Thread Information