Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Johnnie

Default Re: Urban Johnnie

We're glad to have this just a couple blocks from where we live and we'll be really glad when the Thunder fans are NOT there. Not everything (or everyone) revolves around the Thunder... seems that people forget that sometimes.

2. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

I doubt that you'll be too inconvenienced by them.

Dual bars. THANK YOU. Most places cannot get this right.

I will say it looks a bit cluttered, but I am sure it is just the unpacking and setting up process.

Looking forward to it.

4. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Quote Originally Posted by benjenn View Post
    We're glad to have this just a couple blocks from where we live and we'll be really glad when the Thunder fans are NOT there. Not everything (or everyone) revolves around the Thunder... seems that people forget that sometimes.
    Agree 100%. It's actually kind of inconvenient on my end of the street during Thunder games because people have found out there is free parking on 2nd. Not saying I don't love getting people in to the neighborhood, and walking the streets, but it seems they are not there to spend time in DD but rather use our parking then leave.

Thunder games don't help our business much at all. We get a little rush before and after the game but everyone takes up the parking on 2nd which deters our regulars and then we lose our target clientele from 6:30-10:00 before picking back up for the remainder of the night. Essentially its busier before and after but the dead time of the game seems to equal it out with any other night. As stated above, weather is the biggest factor downtown for a business during this time of year.

6. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodH View Post
    Thunder games don't help our business much at all. We get a little rush before and after the game but everyone takes up the parking on 2nd which deters our regulars and then we lose our target clientele from 6:30-10:00 before picking back up for the remainder of the night. Essentially its busier before and after but the dead time of the game seems to equal it out with any other night. As stated above, weather is the biggest factor downtown for a business during this time of year.
    Exactly my point. It's great getting people down here. But I don't think the game goers are spending money like some people believe.

7. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

More photos of downtown projects can always be found on the OKCTalk Flickr. Not all can be posted because of bandwidth and pages loading slowly.

Flickr: okctalkphotos' Photostream

I was also stunned the first time I went to slim's during a Thunder game that it was completely empty. Of course helps to live within walking distance, and as predicted it filled up quickly after the game. Remember going to WSKY too afterwards which was also full. Hopefully as more people move to DD and live within walking distance, business for slim's/WSKY/UJ will be steadier on home game nights.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    I was also stunned the first time I went to slim's during a Thunder game that it was completely empty. Of course helps to live within walking distance, and as predicted it filled up quickly after the game. Remember going to WSKY too afterwards which was also full. Hopefully as more people move to DD and live within walking distance, business for slim's/WSKY/UJ will be steadier on home game nights.
    Considering that 650+ new units will be on the market in Deep Deuce and Bricktown in the next 2 years, I think that's a slam dunk. That doesn't even include the 330 unit Metropolitan development which will see its residents split time in Midtown and Deep Deuce.

All of downtown is going to see activity like it hasn't seen since, what, the 1940s?

This place looks amazing!

I cannot imagine how dangerous it would be to live within walking distance of a nice sports bar with Johnnie's burgers. Yes, please.

Putting on the finishing touches (from their FB page):

13. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Do you know when their planned opening is? I looked back through the thread but couldn't find a hard date.

I think Wed. is soft opening and probably sometime this weekend or early next week will be official opening.

Taps:

16. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

Disappointed that Mustang is the only local beer on draft. Maybe they'll rotate these around...

17. Default Re: Urban Johnnie

I was thinking the same thing. There are a number of good locals worth featuring at this point. I suspect they will get in the swing of featuring Oklahoma craft brews. They are surrounded by residents who are heavily populated by KeepItLocal types.

Add to that, considering proximity to Bricktown and the hotel, they will be asked constantly "what's local?" like the bars in Bricktown are. Eventually they will probably feel compelled to step up their game a bit craft beer-wise.

Agreed. Hopefully they bring in some more local beers not just from OKC, but the entire state. A place like this should offer Marshall's and Coop at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. There are a number of good locals worth featuring at this point. I suspect they will get in the swing of featuring Oklahoma craft brews. They are surrounded by residents who are heavily populated by KeepItLocal types.

Add to that, considering proximity to Bricktown and the hotel, they will be asked constantly "what's local?" like the bars in Bricktown are. Eventually they will probably feel compelled to step up their game a bit craft beer-wise.
    Tapwerks is also a very short walk away, as is Skinny Slims. I'm not saying they need to go head to head, but I hope they bring in some quality local brews.

Mustang isn't even Oklahoma beer currently, IIRC. It's not brewed in OK, but it is owned by Oklahomans and HQ'd here. I did hear they are going to move their brewing here eventually. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Mustang isn't even Oklahoma beer currently, IIRC. It's not brewed in OK, but it is owned by Oklahomans and HQ'd here. I did hear they are going to move their brewing here eventually. Am I wrong?
    Welcome to Mustang Brewing Company - HOME

Where Are Mustang's Beers Brewed?

Mustang Brewing Company’s vision is to be a leading regional craft beer brand by producing consistent, flavorful, easy-drinking beers in an efficient manner.

Our award-winning recipes are developed and perfected at our headquarters in Oklahoma City. We brew and package our products in one of three facilities—two in Oklahoma (including our own facility, OKCity Brewing, pictured above), and one in Wisconsin. Where we brew depends on the style or quantity needed. This flexible brewing model allows us to consistently meet increasing demand while not wasting money on excess inventory. Each of our brewing partners are top-class facilities, each having earned multiple awards and medals for their own brews.

It would be nice to get an F5 wth a Johnnie burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Welcome to Mustang Brewing Company - HOME

Where Are Mustang's Beers Brewed?

Mustang Brewing Company’s vision is to be a leading regional craft beer brand by producing consistent, flavorful, easy-drinking beers in an efficient manner.

Our award-winning recipes are developed and perfected at our headquarters in Oklahoma City. We brew and package our products in one of three facilities—two in Oklahoma (including our own facility, OKCity Brewing, pictured above), and one in Wisconsin. Where we brew depends on the style or quantity needed. This flexible brewing model allows us to consistently meet increasing demand while not wasting money on excess inventory. Each of our brewing partners are top-class facilities, each having earned multiple awards and medals for their own brews.
    Ok. I think originally they ONLY brewed out of state, which is where I got that. They received quite a bit of flack because they didn't own up to it at first.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Ok. I think originally they ONLY brewed out of state, which is where I got that. They received quite a bit of flack because they didn't own up to it at first.
    I'm not even a huge fan of their stuff. Get me some Coop and I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It would be nice to get an F5 wth a Johnnie burger.
    With that I can definitely agree.

Thread Information