Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Packard's

Default Re: Packard's

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Sportscenter "On the Road" is filming from there, as well as outside the arena Saturday night. ESPN is doing a variety of things around town this weekend, including the Jump. Should be a great showcase for the city...hopefullly the team will compete like they are right now against the Cavs!

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    No, that's something different. SportsCenter is setting up on the Packard's roof from 8-11am on Saturday and 7-11am on Sunday. SportsCenter will also be set up from 5-7pm before the game at the Peake. https://medium.com/up-the-thunder/sp...e9a#.sterml107

Packard's is taking over some of the old Wine & Palette space which is actually across the hall / lobby that leads up to the rooftop.

Will be used for overflow seating, meetings and events.

Very smart move for them. Every time I try to go eat there I have to wait over an hour. I imagine they will have high demand for events.

I often point to Packard's as the rare exception that got off to a bit of a mixed start, then made adjustments and found a strong following.

Really glad to see them doing so well.

The other half of the space is going to be occupied by the Salon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I often point to Packard's as the rare exception that got off to a bit of a mixed start, then made adjustments and found a strong following.

Really glad to see them doing so well.
    Having the best rooftop in the city is why I kept giving it chances.

8. Default Re: Packard's

Honestly had no desire to go there after the first year or two (aside from good weather on the rooftop). The last few meals I've had have been great, service has been good, and as mentioned above it's been packed. Awesome location, so kudos to them for sticking it out and making the right changes to still be here and reap the benefits of being one of the first comers.

Blog Entries

Recent meal there was very good. Rooftop was fun. Guests from San Diego area were pleasantly surprised and had a great time. Definitely will go back more often now.

Construction has started. Build-out is approximately 60 days.

Rough week for OKC restauranteurs. Robert “Rosser” Ross, co-founder of interurban, Packard, Honey Bunny, etc, passed away today after a battle with cancer. Sad deal, he was a great guy.

https://oklahoman.com/article/568027...tm_term=011321

A couple huge losses for sure, it's been a rough year for the industry.

Thread Information