Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pump Bar

1. Default Re: Pump Bar

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    combination outlet / USB 12watt charger. I will have cords of all major brands on loan for a $10 deposit either with cash or tab. That goes for the bar and the tables throughout the indoor seating. There are 8 outdoor receptacle boxes too.

It's safe to say I've thought some things through... Enjoy the pics.
    Great work Ian! I am looking forward to walking there for drink! Any idea on when you expect to open?

2. Default Re: Pump Bar

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I walked into and walked out of five places on Sunday because I couldn't find a power outlet, needed to replace a fuse in my car to charge there, and my remote battery back was dead. More restaurants need to factor this in, and Urbanspoon needs to include charging outlets on its rating data. The best restaurant I know about presently as far as charging goes is Texadelphia in bricktown. The bar seating has an outlet per seat which is amazing. If I'm out and about all day and don't plan on going home soon, that's where I eat because I know I can charge. Airports were slow about this but have come around (mostly), restaurants should follow suit, and especially places that call themselves "lounges". Sorry for the off topic rant.
    Bricktown Brewery has a huge charging station. Was there on Tuesday and charged 2 phones while I had lunch.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pump Bar

Good to know thanks

4. Default Re: Pump Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yep. Ian's going to be getting plenty of my dough. If nothing else but for the phone charging thing.

Similarly I have said before that if a restaurant would put in customer hand wash stations OUTSIDE of their bathrooms I would frequent the place for that reason alone, even if the food were mediocre. Taking an extra, non required customer service step is ALWAYS going to pay customer loyalty dividends.
    Ooo that's a GOOD idea! I did have some outdoor hydrants installed to service a food truck and feed the misting system. So the water is out there.

The phone charging situation is so clutch, well done. Like many, I can't wait to drop some cash here. Ian, can you go into the beer selection a little? How many on draft/bottle/cans? Locals?

6. Default Re: Pump Bar

Quote Originally Posted by jrod View Post
    The phone charging situation is so clutch, well done. Like many, I can't wait to drop some cash here. Ian, can you go into the beer selection a little? How many on draft/bottle/cans? Locals?
    Going to cover all the bases of adult beverage: A tidy wine list. A full range of spirits with some featured whiskeys and tequilas. The beer will be expansive. Ultra modern draft system. Tons of local breweries. And a few curveballs.

Must be great to start from essentially the ground up. Congratulations on this, this will be a huge hit.

Thanks to Urban Pioneer for the photos. Check out the slick audio system:

10. Default Re: Pump Bar

Hence the low-voltage spaghetti monster...

Should be cool!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PumpBar.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	9341

Name:  PUMPbar.png
Views: 2679
Size:  5.0 KB

Name:	PUMPbar.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	9343

Let me apologize for all the postings. Operator error lol. Anyway, click on the second pic for a large and clear photo.

15. Default Re: Pump Bar

A few pictures from their Facebook page: 1) Tap System 2) Food Samples 3) Pump Sign Frame

Name:	pump1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	9345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	9346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump3.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	9347

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Good to know thanks
    The Other Room has usb charging outlets underneath the bar too.

I can see this place from my front porch. Looking forward to a cool new neighbor/disposable income magnet!

18. Default Re: Pump Bar

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    Food Samples!
    The food is going to be amazing. Moto Chef aka Chef Guy Romo has had a ton of time to perfect their menu. I will be there often. I miss the moto chef truck!

19. Default Re: Pump Bar

Ya'll like my fancy outhouse? I can't wait for the hilarious feedback from having to go outside to pee. The to to-do list is getting pretty small and we are starting to call in finals. Should be moved in by the end of the month. I'm in a rush...but I'm not rushing anything. Trying to do it right. I've opened a concept in 90 days before. But it was all held together with plywood and liquid nails. And no one knew how to run a card as the machine arrived 2 hours prior to grand opening.

20. Default Re: Pump Bar

Slow and steady = built to last.

Still looking forward to getting my motorcycle codgers over there in the Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    Ya'll like my fancy outhouse? I can't wait for the hilarious feedback from having to go outside to pee. The to to-do list is getting pretty small and we are starting to call in finals. Should be moved in by the end of the month. I'm in a rush...but I'm not rushing anything. Trying to do it right. I've opened a concept in 90 days before. But it was all held together with plywood and liquid nails. And no one knew how to run a card as the machine arrived 2 hours prior to grand opening.
    Ian, when does your sign go up?

Still planning to do the car booths out front?

Think you'll be open before Thanksgiving?

22. Default Re: Pump Bar

Also the food: will indeed be awesome. Full time chef, baby. I've got the menu done. Will post it once we finalize everything and explain the concept.

More progress; looking cool:

24. Default Re: Pump Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Ian, when does your sign go up?

Still planning to do the car booths out front?

Think you'll be open before Thanksgiving?
    1. Today.
    2. That's now phase 2 along with the fire pit and raised patio. Springs/summer 2015. This will be a constantly improving/evolving concept with fresh activities and attractions.
    3. Yes, we should(albeit at the mercy of inspections at the moment) be able and would love to host you during your trip home fore turkey day.

Thanks Ian!

Sign is up (from https://twitter.com/Coppy_Hill):

Thread Information