Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pump Bar

Default Re: Pump Bar

I think it is classic that the map says the Governor's Mansion is located at 24th and Walker! LOL

Cool concept, reminds me of the Pump House in Wichita

3. Default Re: Pump Bar

That's a great place. This would have a ton more outdoor though.

Pump House in Wichita has a pretty large indoor space too. It's actually probably larger than most bars. It can operate fully without using the patio.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    I think it is classic that the map says the Governor's Mansion is located at 24th and Walker! LOL
    With an airport...

6. Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Ian with the pump bar here. In response to the 24 hour diner. I do have plans for an on-site food trailer that will operate independently from the bar. I would like to see it open until 2:30-3 if it proves viable.

7. Default Re: Pump Bar

Sorry about the long gap between responses. I wasn't aware of any benefactor. benevolent or otherwise And yes Kevin that's what we are proposing. A stick building covered in a metal facade to look like an airstream to make the code guys happy and keep in line with our HP approval.

Looking forward to this happening.

Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    Ian with the pump bar here. In response to the 24 hour diner. I do have plans for an on-site food trailer that will operate independently from the bar. I would like to see it open until 2:30-3 if it proves viable.
    Well, it for sure is viable on Friday and Saturday...Bobo's doesn't do too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    With an airport...
    That's the secret underground governors mansion. The field beside it opens up for VTOL aircraft to access the underground hanger.

True Story. lol

Any word on progress?

$185,000 building permit applied for today.

Also, looks like they may have received their final design approval yesterday (11/6/13).

Looks like they are getting ready to move forward.

Very excited about this project.

Remember, the sticking point on the design was the plan to use an old Airstream trailer for restrooms.

Here is the compromise which I believe received approval yesterday (staff had made a positive recommendation):

Me too.

To me, this looks like a bigger, maybe even better Empire Slice House, which has proven to be an amazing success.

Also, there is a live music venue going in right next to the Tower Theater -- will have more on this later.

This area is really heating up quickly.

HangryHippo Guest

This is going to be great!

Y'all seem bound and determined to get me to make more trips to the city than I normally make. And even if that isn't really why this project is going forward, how about we just lemme enjoy the thought for a spell before ya come along and stomp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    To me, this looks like a bigger, maybe even better Empire Slice House, which has proven to be an amazing success.

Also, there is a live music venue going in right next to the Tower Theater -- will have more on this later.
    Will it be in the old Queen's beauty supply store on the NE corner of 23rd and Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

This area is really heating up quickly.
    Holy crap, Pete. You can't just tease news like that. That is HUGE NEWS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Y'all seem bound and determined to get me to make more trips to the city than I normally make. And even if that isn't really why this project is going forward, how about we just lemme enjoy the thought for a spell before ya come along and stomp on it.
    Ummm…I think that's exactly what we're trying to do...

Quote Originally Posted by BDK View Post
    Holy crap, Pete. You can't just tease news like that. That is HUGE NEWS.
    Just got off the phone with the proprietor and am writing up a post.

It is indeed huge news... Will post new thread soon.

23. Default Re: Pump Bar

Ah, great news about Pump Bar. Ian is a good operator. This place will be a smash hit.

Looks like they're about to start doin' work over at The Pump! I can't wait to see it all come together over there.

Construction fence is up around Pump Bar and also Pizzeria Gusto (old Bora Bora). Photo courtesy of Metro:

Thread Information