Widgets Magazine

Thread: Duck Dynasty

Default Duck Dynasty

Any fans here? We just learned about this - a real hoot, indeed!

Default Re: Duck Dynasty

I'm a fan!!

I saw one episode only because it was on at someone's house I was visiting. I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I can't believe enough people watch this kind of reality TV that this could possibly last going into three seasons. I don't get it, but as they say, whatever floats your boat. Thank God for PBS and British television.

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    Any fans here? We just learned about this - a real hoot, indeed!
    We watch almost every episode. It is LOL funny. On our last trip to OKC we stopped in West Monroe hoping to just get a picture of the building. I was fully expecting one of two things -1) there would be a gate across the road or 2) someone would ask us to leave just as soon as I put the car in park. To our surprise the parking lot was full when we got there and I thought maybe they were working. However, they just opened their retail store a few weeks earlier so we got to go inside and mill around the grounds. It was very cool. I even took the opportunity to peak in the warehouse. In true redneck fashion my son had to change clothes behind the new wooden wall just to the left of Willy's door.

...is AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I saw one episode only because it was on at someone's house I was visiting. I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I can't believe enough people watch this kind of reality TV that this could possibly last going into three seasons. I don't get it, but as they say, whatever floats your boat. Thank God for PBS and British television.
    It's funny. That's why people watch it enough for it to be on season three.

Little known factoid on Duck Dynasty:

Terry Bradshaw decided to attend Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana. He has much affinity for his alma mater. He is a member of the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity. He was active in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and spoke before many athletic banquets and other gatherings. Initially, he was second on the depth chart at quarterback behind Phil "Roxie" Robertson, who would later become famous as the inventor of the Duck Commander duck call and television personality on the show Duck Dynasty.

Son is a major fan. I watch with him and sometimes on my own. Though it could be better scripted, that would just as likely ruin it as improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    It's funny. That's why people watch it enough for it to be on season three.
    That's a fact Jack!..... and every other word is NOT bleeped out, in fact, i have never heard a word bleeped out, very refreshing compared to all the other non-scripted shows. Very entertaining....HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

good entertainment

Never was really into it, but have nothing against it. From what I saw, seems as staged as all the other "reality" shows, but that's the norm on television anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk405359 View Post
    Never was really into it, but have nothing against it. From what I saw, seems as staged as all the other "reality" shows, but that's the norm on television anyways.
    Of course it is staged - but that isn't the point. The point is - it's funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ISNT staged. Those guys probably act like that every day when cameras aren't on. Can't really call this a reality show. If it were reality, then everyone on this thread would have a show and it would be boring...

One think we like about the show - we ain't blood with any of 'em, but they sho' nuf remind us of some of our kinfolk.

I do not care if the show is scripted, staged, or created in a laboratory. I think it is funny and entertaining. The Robertson family's success did not come overnight. Phil Robertson patented his duck call design back in 1972 or 73 and worked hard for years to sell them. It is evident that Willie, who has been CEO of the company for about ten years, is a savy businessman and has contributed a lot to the growth and success of the company. I wonder if the show is not at its peak right now. I think there will be a fourth season even though it is on hold because of contract negotiations, but I am not sure there will be a fifth season. The third season seems to be grasping for new ideas and things to do.

I have a lot of respect for a family that has worked hard and created a successful company and brand while having fun at it. They may seem like ignorant rednecks, but Phil has a Master's Degree in Education and was a teacher for years while developing the duck call business on the side. Willie attended Harding University in Arkansas and finished a business degree at LSU Monroe. Jep, the youngest son is an accomplished camaraman and has done a lot of the camera and editing work for the company's hunting videos. I just hope the money, fame, and success does not tear the family apart or change the family memebers in a negative way.

Bigray in Ok

Thread Information