Widgets Magazine

Thread: NE 122nd Street

Default NE 122nd Street

Will it ever be connected between Kelly/Kelley and Eastern? I know that just east of Kelly/Kelley it's just a few back country homes on a skinny pothole filled 2 lane road but it seems it's about time it needs to be fully connected. I know there's an argument of just going up to Memorial or down to Hefner or using the Kilpatrick via access of Broadway Extension but the area at Kelly/Kelley & 122nd is turning into a high volume 4-way intersection but it is currently only 3-way due to lack of city planning long long ago.

Default Re: NE 122nd Street

I live right by there and was always a little confused as to why 122nd doesn't go through.

3. Default Re: NE 122nd Street

There used to be a sign warning Bob Howard employees not to drive down that street for any reason (posted on 122nd immediately east of Kelley). Anyone know what that was about?

I haven't been near that intersection in a long time. For all I know, the sign is still there.

My guess is that residents--the few that are out there--got tired of dead end turn around test drives and/or because, as stated in my original post, its a very bad and mismanaged road east of Kelley and they don't want their product to be damaged.

Could it be that 122nd doesn't go through to Eastern because of the old antenna farm?

There's only one antenna north of 122nd that's right next to the turnpike. Other than that, they're all to the south.

Yes, but there use to be more antennas out there than there is now. I believe that is why 122nd dead ends where it does. It's a throwback from years ago.

Here's all the more reason to construct it as a thruway:

Social Security office to move to northeast Oklahoma City | News OK

I drove down 122nd trying to get to I-35 once when I was a noob. Ended up turning around and spinning my tires on some wet grass in the ditch while a homeowner stood on the porch and watched. They must hate living there.

That or they love it. Have you checked Youtube recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That or they love it. Have you checked Youtube recently?
    ???

Connecting those stubs together is not likely anytime in the short term future.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    ???
    I'm saying I bet they think it is funny watching all those people coming down that road and turning around in a flustered manner.

Thread Information