Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LA Fitness

Default Re: LA Fitness

From an LA Fitness employees Facebook...

"MOORE LOCATION OPENS SEPTEMBER 2ND

INTERVIEWING FOR SALES COUNSELORS, OPERATIONS MANAGER AND TRAINERS NOW!!!"

Just found out LA Fitness in Moore is suppose to open Tuesday September 3. Just got off the phone with the manager of Edmond presale he told me he will be there Tuesday. They are suppose to close on deal Monday.

Went by the gym while crew was working I recieve a tour. The gym is a really nice gym I was told the only hookup keeping them from opening Tuesday is the inspection from fire marshall.

I drove by tonight and saw the lights were on, but still no sign or any mention of LA Fitness. I've heard Monday, Wednesday and now Tuesday.

bhawes, who is the manger of the Edmond store? Is it Doug L?

Why not just join the Y? Isn't there a Y in every town? Some have more than one. The one I go to on Penn has racquet ball courts, indoor pool, dry and wet saunas in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantChange View Post
    I drove by tonight and saw the lights were on, but still no sign or any mention of LA Fitness. I've heard Monday, Wednesday and now Tuesday.

bhawes, who is the manger of the Edmond store? Is it Doug L?
    I think area manager name is John the construction manger that I talk to yesterday also work on the Dallas LA Fitness that open today. He told me the LA FITNESS sign will be put on the building this coming Tuesday. Also they will be working the whole weekend trying to be ready to open Tuesday. Also John the area mangers for all the LA fitness that will be built in the OKC area will be at Moore location when they open. Also he said they will have at least 8 LA Fitness in the area. I think After Moore and Edmond, the next locations will be one in #3. Norman, #4.Mustang/Yukon, #5. North Oklahoma City #6. Edmond will have a second club. #7. Midwest City/Del City area. then the final one i guess will be in 8. Central OKC area. That will be eight but John believes that OKC can handle 10 clubs instead of 8 clubs. if they do 10 clubs Im thinking maybe Norman or Moore will get a second club then the tenth one will be Edmond/OKC area which will made a third club for either Edmond or OKC area..

The contruction manager also told me that Little Rock Arkansas will get about four clubs. He also told me that LA Fitness will build about 75 new clubs this year and then plans to bulid about 115 next year. I said Wow thats alot of clubs he told me that the owner of the all the LA Fitness is loaded with cash. Also that the profits for LA Fitness are over 1.5 billion dollars year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    Why not just join the Y? Isn't there a Y in every town? Some have more than one. The one I go to on Penn has racquet ball courts, indoor pool, dry and wet saunas in the locker room.
    I use to be a member of Earlywine YMCA. Its does not have saunas and very small workout area compare to the Moore LA Fitness they do have basketball court but no racketball courts. The Moore LA Fitness will not have a basketball or racketball courts, only because club was purchase from anther company but all the others trhat are builted will. Also YMCAs in OKC area are a joke compare to the cardio equipment that they have.LA Fitness cardio area is about four times larger then Earlywine YMCA or the Penn YMCA. Also weights area is about 4 times larger at LA Fitness or even Golds gym. YMCA are good for kids. However, with lack of equipment u always waited long lines to use the gym.

On the LA Fitness Moore facebook page an employee has posted that the gym will open this Wednesday September 4 at 8:00 am.

I talk with John at the Moore location today around 12:00 he said the gym should open tomorrow September 4 at about 3:00pm. John told me they need to get the pool permit and that should take place tomorrow morning.

Good deal. I plan to drop by tomorrow and check it out. I'm guessing once the word spreads it's open, it will be PACKED.

A buddy of mine dropped by about 45 minutes ago and was told they will open tomorrow at 8:00AM. He said it looked like they had a lot to do before they opened. I'll keep checking Facebook for updates.

Just found this on Facebook...

"LA Fitness will officially be opening tomorrow at 8am. We had a slight set back with getting some permits signed."

I just went by there they will open tomorrow at 8:00 am. Also they have the LA Fitness sign on building and working on sign on side of the building where the pool is at.

Just came from LA Fitness they are open now I just sign up my wife. Just had to pay first and last month fees. No deposit since she under my plan official opening will be tomorrow at 8:00 am

I dropped by tonight and got the tour. It's a nice place. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. According to the manager, they'll have a grand opening in 4-6 weeks, so hopefully it won't get busy until then.

Went to work out at 12:00 today but to be told they will open Friday 6, September at 8:00 am. Was told they were only signing people up today.

Interesting. I stopped by today at 4:00PM and was able to get my key chain card. I was told they will be allowing people to workout today at 5:30PM. I'll probably head up there around 6:00PM to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantChange View Post
    Interesting. I stopped by today at 4:00PM and was able to get my key chain card. I was told they will be allowing people to workout today at 5:30PM. I'll probably head up there around 6:00PM to see.
    Thanks I will be up there at 17:30

I work out about 45 minutes. The sauna was not ready but the steam room seem like it was working. Was told that the pool and sauna and steam room should all be in use by tomorrow morning. Really nice gym. The employees even rave about how nice the gym is.

On LA Fitness website Moore is now listed as a new club with the telephone number.

Thread Information