Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chick Fil A

Default Re: Chick Fil A

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    there needs to be some in the central city, one in the cbd and one in/around uptown or the eastside.
    Not sure this city needs any more chicken restaurants at all...

It is actually crazy to me that downtown barely has any fastfood chains. We have McDonalds, Taco Bell, Sonic on the outskirts of downtown and then of course the Sonic HQ in Lower BT. Just Subway in actual downtown (which closes after lunch). Jimmy Johns in Deep Deuce is really the only chain that is full hours.

There once was a Chick-Fil-A in the Park Harvey Building.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It is actually crazy to me that downtown barely has any fastfood chains. We have McDonalds, Taco Bell, Sonic on the outskirts of downtown and then of course the Sonic HQ in Lower BT. Just Subway in actual downtown (which closes after lunch). Jimmy Johns in Deep Deuce is really the only chain that is full hours.
    There also was a Schlotskys and a carl Jrs downtown at one point but both are gone now. City Bites is a regional chain with a location in Leadership.

New Chick Fil A coming to Saint Anthony midtown Fall 2019. Behind Starbucks where the Walgreens used to be. Another nice addition to the thriving midtown market.

^

Yes, been meaning to post this.

Just inside the doors next to Starbucks in this building.

From what we know about Chick Fil A's popularity, St. Anthony might need to build another parking garage!

8. Default Re: Chick Fil A

Awesome!!!

Finally, CFA returns to downtown. Will it have its own door to the outside?

I'm positive it will do well, hopefully they'll lead to more chains coming to downtown, particularly in/near the tourist and convention areas so we "fill the void" for visitors who expect choices when they visit.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Finally, CFA returns to downtown. Will it have its own door to the outside?
    10th != downtown.

I heard from the owner of the CFA at Memorial and Penn that the May location should reopen on May 9th. Makes sense. It looks like it is pretty close to being done.

11. Default Re: Chick Fil A

FYI, (and l imagine they do this at a lot of schools), CFA is one of the choices for eating at the Couch OU student cafeteria. They offer all you can eat under some lunch plans.

12. Default Re: Chick Fil A

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    FYI, (and l imagine they do this at a lot of schools), CFA is one of the choices for eating at the Couch OU student cafeteria. They offer all you can eat under some lunch plans.
    Yes, this is why I gained 15 pounds my first semester at OU! I've since learned to have my CFA in moderation...

Now open in St. Anthony.

Hours are 6:30A to 9:30P Mon-Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    That is touted as the world's ONLY all you can eat Chick-Fil-A.

Yesterday while waiting for my husband on the far west end of the facility, I decided to walk over and look at the new Chick-fil-a, which is pretty much on the east end of the facility. Even though it was only day 2 of operations, literally every single piece of informational/directional signage in the hospital had already been updated to reflect the new restaurant. Apparently its opening was a big enough deal that the hospital felt it needed to be fully prepared!

16. Default Re: Chick Fil A

i can't even imagine an all you can eat Chick fil A. OMG.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

17. Default Re: Chick Fil A

I believe construction is supposed to start soon on the 2nd Midwest City location, at Sooner/15th in the new development.

It bid out to general contractors about a month ago so they should be starting soon. Would probably be open around early spring.

Looks like the Edmond Chick Fil A on 33rd and Broadway is getting a total demolish and rebuild. The drive through and parking lot were poorly configured at this location. They bought the drive through cleaner to the east of them a few years ago that gives them a lot more room to work with.

20. Default Re: Chick Fil A

i can't even imagine an all you can eat Chick fil A. OMG.
    Anyone can eat at the Cafe at OU. Buffet for 10 bucks I believe. Maybe Post-Covid though...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Looks like the Edmond Chick Fil A on 33rd and Broadway is getting a total demolish and rebuild. The drive through and parking lot were poorly configured at this location. They bought the drive through cleaner to the east of them a few years ago that gives them a lot more room to work with.
    now do every parking lot with a drive through ever created. has anyone ever been in one and thought, now this is designed nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    That is touted as the world's ONLY all you can eat Chick-Fil-A.
    I was a freshman the year they put one in the caf at OU. Part of the reason why I gained the freshman 15!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    now do every parking lot with a drive through ever created. has anyone ever been in one and thought, now this is designed nicely?
    I'm wondering how many fast food restaurants will do away with dinning rooms in future designs and focus their energy on better drive through layouts post covid. Its another thing they have to worry about and maintain.

Coming to the site formerly occupied by Horn Seed Company on NW Expressway and Classen:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...71#post1186771

25. Default Re: Chick Fil A

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    I was a freshman the year they put one in the caf at OU. Part of the reason why I gained the freshman 15!
    My daughter very quickly got totally sick of chicken strips of most any brand.

Thread Information