Widgets Magazine

Thread: By The Bucket

Northwest OKC By The Bucket

Apparently spaghetti by the bucket is this year's froyo.

"By The Bucket" will be opening a location near 164th and May in the strip center by 7-11.

https://www.bythebucket.com/

They also have a location slated to open in Shawnee.

"Captain Pasta" is a similar concept with two stores set to open soon in west Edmond by Little Caesar's and another at 2nd and Blvd next to Papa Johns.

2. Default Re: By The Bucket

What an unappetizing name for a restaurant. It just seems to forward this trend of thoughtless eating--nutrition be damned--just as long as it is filling, cheap, and convenient. I mean that's okay every once in a while, but it seems as though it is a consistent, daily, theme of American eating overall and it is hurting us. Sorry for the mini rant right here, but geez--buckets of food--what are we livestock?

Default Re: By The Bucket

I hope that the marketing team here doesn't think that they are pioneering the "spaghetti in a bucket restaurant in Edmond" concept. Late 1980's-early 1990's, the old Long John Silver's on Broadway and 3rd Street, "Caroline's Spaghetti In A Bucket". Does anyone here remember that one ? Does anyone want me to start a new thread about the era of great transplanted east coast-borne Italian restaurants in Edmond and it's parallel to the government's witness relocation program ?

4. Default Re: By The Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by rayvaflav View Post
    I hope that the marketing team here doesn't think that they are pioneering the "spaghetti in a bucket restaurant in Edmond" concept. Late 1980's-early 1990's, the old Long John Silver's on Broadway and 3rd Street, "Caroline's Spaghetti In A Bucket". Does anyone here remember that one ? Does anyone want me to start a new thread about the era of great transplanted east coast-borne Italian restaurants in Edmond and it's parallel to the government's witness relocation program ?
    Uh. Yes.

I would read that thread

i hope that the marketing team here doesn't think that they are pioneering the "spaghetti in a bucket restaurant in edmond" concept. Late 1980's-early 1990's, the old long john silver's on broadway and 3rd street, "caroline's spaghetti in a bucket". Does anyone here remember that one ? Does anyone want me to start a new thread about the era of great transplanted east coast-borne italian restaurants in edmond and it's parallel to the government's witness relocation program ?
    im in

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    im in
    I just grabbed a bucket. I guess the place back home in Decatur, Illinois has me ruined. This is good if you need a quick meal to feed the family to keep the hunger away. Nothing to write home about. Skip the tiramisu. If you you find yourself travelling through Decatur hit La Gondola Spaghetti House.

There was an outdoor furniture and playset business out off 40 and banner rd maybe? Anyway it was all 100% heavy Italian accent employees running the place. I thought this same thing they are starting a new cover life

Spaghetti by the Bucket just makes me think of Kentucky Fried Spaghetti.

10. Default Re: By The Bucket

How hard is it to make spaghetti at home? Boil some water, cook some noodles, and pour on a jar of Rao's Spaghetti Sauce, which is really good. It's better than most you can get at restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How hard is it to make spaghetti at home? Boil some water, cook some noodles, and pour on a jar of Rao's Spaghetti Sauce, which is really good. It's better than most you can get at restaurants.
    And their meat lasagna is fantastic, thought it was about the best frozen we had ever tried, but turns out Beecher's lasagna with meat sauce is even better than Rao's. Sorry for the diversion, just had to second the love for Rao's (and let people know about Beecher's)...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think it is about convenience? If you have kids and they want spaghetti, this is easy to pick up on the way home? I agree, it costs about 7 bucks to make a pound of spaghetti noodles with sauce and a pound of ground beef all in about 10 minutes.

Apparently, By The Bucket is really successful in Arizona.

Pasta in a cup was a thing in the 70s, pretty sure at least in Queens( per in laws) and LA (per my babysitter). Always figured that was why the joke in The Jerk about pizza in a cup for their date night was fairly topical for the time.

Thread Information