Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chick Fil A

Default Re: Chick Fil A

Chick Fil A planned for the SW corner of Memorial and Rockwell; just east of the Farmer's building.

2. Default Re: Chick Fil A

I like it. A hair closer to home and not near the traffic of NW Exp & Rockwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Chick Fil A planned for the SW corner of Memorial and Rockwell; just east of the Farmer's building.
    Made this prediction a long time ago on this board! I expected it would be in deer crest on other side of interstate however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I like it. A hair closer to home and not near the traffic of NW Exp & Rockwell.
    Build it and the traffic will come.

This is a recent photo of their future location:

A great place for a Chick Fil A would be the vacant lot beside Taco Don Nacho on Council across from Hobby Lobby. They would make a killing there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    A great place for a Chick Fil A would be the vacant lot beside Taco Don Nacho on Council across from Hobby Lobby. They would make a killing there.
    You could put on in a corn field near Alva and it would make a killing. The brand is very big.

This is a recent photo of their future location:

I'm surprised the City is cool with the service road being used as a truck stop / used car lot. Not a great look.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I can understand not wanting to overbuild, but it seems like they could easily double the number of stores in the metro

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I'm surprised the City is cool with the service road being used as a truck stop / used car lot. Not a great look.
    Chick-fil-A will be built just in time to chase those activities off to the ashes of the Classen Circle building.

Any idea when this will be built?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCAg2002 View Post
    Any idea when this will be built?
    The Chick Fil A planned for the SW corner of Memorial and Rockwell has not even filed for their building permit as of yet, and once they do, there is usually 2-3 months before it is approved and work can start.

Looks like they're starting on classen & NW Hwy location.

14. Default Re: Chick Fil A

We sure have missed ours at NW Exp & Rockwell. Looks like it might still be a while. Still lots of construction going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Looks like they're starting on classen & NW Hwy location.
    Yes, they are:

Yes, I know it will kill it there and the free market reigns supreme but I’ll just say it again, what a poor land use decision for that piece of property.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    Yes, I know it will kill it there and the free market reigns supreme but I’ll just say it again, what a poor land use decision for that piece of property.
    They could and should have built mixed use multi story here with Chick-fil-A at the bottom. OKC developers aim the bar low far too often and yes I know there’s exceptions.

I’m not sure how well Oklahoma City could support such similar developments so close together but something akin to the OAK development might fit here. It’s easy to imagine neat developments when it’s all in your head and the numbers don’t matter, so to attempt to stay rooted in reality I just take solace in the prospect that if this area could support higher use than a few mid chain restaurants, eventually that will take shape. That’s my (naïve) hope anyways.

Someone here mentioned that they thought a Chik-Fil-A was being built in the Rose Creek development at NW 164th & May. Has anyone heard verification of this?

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Someone here mentioned that they thought a Chik-Fil-A was being built in the Rose Creek development at NW 164th & May. Has anyone heard verification of this?
    No permits have been filed.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    likely

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    likely
    Thanks! I look forward to hopefully seeing verification, eventually.

Chick-Fil-A construction at NW Expressway and Classen:

The Chick Fil A planned for the SW corner of Memorial and Rockwell has not even filed for their building permit as of yet, and once they do, there is usually 2-3 months before it is approved and work can start.
    Dirt work for the memorial location has begun today

i overheard an employee chat with a delivery driver this morning at the i-240 location... apparently this location will close soon for renovations that will take around 3 months.

Thread Information