Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Aviare (formerly Avana)

1. Default Re: Avana

Wow. I remember when I toured these two years ago. They look fantastic now.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Avana

What an improvement!

3. Default Re: Avana

I can already say it's nice to be getting the complex back to normal. With the noise, dirt & general construction items, it's looking good.

5. Default Re: Avana

We got notice today we have new ownership with a new (but similar) name to come. No longer a Greystar Property

The buyer is Weidner Apartment Homes. They are the same people that bought the Metropolitan. Their website shows Aviare Arts District as the new name.

Blog Entries

Heard that when the place was initially built; there was very poor insulation inside the walls, ceilings--resulting in high electric bills (Heat & Air). A friend of mine complained about the energy costs, eventually moved out.

While visiting my brother who lives just west in Sycamore Square I could see the renovation work in that complex taking place. Redo looks nice.

I lived in these for a couple of years both before and during portions of the renovation. Very nice parking garage setup and great downtown views. The businesses at ground level were super convenient. I lived there before the boom in development west of Walker started taking off but there are a ton of new amenities nearby now. This is a pretty decent and often overlooked complex imo. Hope the new owners have success here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    I lived in these for a couple of years both before and during portions of the renovation. Very nice parking garage setup and great downtown views. The businesses at ground level were super convenient. I lived there before the boom in development west of Walker started taking off but there are a ton of new amenities nearby now. This is a pretty decent and often overlooked complex imo. Hope the new owners have success here.
    We lived there briefly during a home remodel. It was really a great value and a fun place to live. This and Regency are in the best locations with the best value.

I loved having the Hobby's Hoagies and Patrono downstairs, cleaners, etc. And when I lived there the streetcar wasn't open. Now that it is this would be an outstanding place to live.

Anyone know if the rents are still affordable?

This was a great place to live.

Not sure how accurate it is but according to this, rents start at $1,100. That would be too much for me, personally, given that there are plenty of decent options in the Plaza, Uptown, Paseo area that are renting for much less.

11. Default Re: Avana

Some changes here now. No Facebook page, almost no if any social media. Office now closed on Sundays. Biggest disappoinment is they no longer accept packages, too labor intensive. But we get free coffee now. The new company seems very sterile, little interaction, it feels like. Not sure what else they have in store for us.

$1,100 seems reasonable to me for this location, which potentially can allow for a lot less car trips. You’re within walking distance of a lot of jobs, entertainment, etc. That can add up to car wear/gas savings if that’s the lifestyle you want to live. Just my opinion. I overpay for location, but also got rid of my car.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    $1,100 seems reasonable to me for this location, which potentially can allow for a lot less car trips. You’re within walking distance of a lot of jobs, entertainment, etc. That can add up to car wear/gas savings if that’s the lifestyle you want to live. Just my opinion. I overpay for location, but also got rid of my car.
    One of the worst quality places downtown though. I have a friend moving out in March (after 4 years) because it's not worth the amount rent is being raised for the quality. For what they'd have to pay may as well go to a nicer place.

14. Default Re: Avana

Agree, I know I pay to live here, hopefully rent doesn't start going up too much. But hey, it's free coffee though! LOL

I have lived at the Avana (Aviare) for almost 3 years now and I really like it. It is less expensive than other places we looked at downtown and the floor plan of my apartment is so much better. The location is great. I am about to get my lease renewal and I am eager to see if the price increases much with the sale.

16. Default Re: Avana

They started some resident activity for March. Now they can fun stuff instead of signing for packages or posting on Facebook. Wednesday was wine Wednesday with wacky socks. The 1st Saturday breakfast is still going on as well.

Adding new colors, trying to further break up the sea of gray EIFS.

This complex has been renamed -- again -- and is now Aviare.

18. Default Re: Avana

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Adding new colors, trying to further break up the sea of gray EIFS.

This complex has been renamed -- again -- and is now Aviare.

They just completed the exterior paint job, from tan and brown to this new scheme.
    Those colors are slowly growing on me. I think the gray makes it darker at night, like the buildings need to be lit more. Also a lot of white paint inside the complex, may be difficult to keep that clean and fresh looking. They also re-plastered the pool. The Aviare name has been a year this past January, but the new signage has been completed all around.

I just moved from this complex. I was a little concerned when Weidner took over and started to make a lot of changes but all in all I was pleased. There are a lot of things I will miss about living here and still think it is the best value downtown. BTW, there is a killer 2 bed apartment available June 10th overlooking the civic center and the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    I just moved from this complex. I was a little concerned when Weidner took over and started to make a lot of changes but all in all I was pleased. There are a lot of things I will miss about living here and still think it is the best value downtown. BTW, there is a killer 2 bed apartment available June 10th overlooking the civic center and the pool.
    I moved over here nearly two months ago after being affected by the fire at The Haven complex across the street. While it was under unfortunate circumstances that I moved here, I've really enjoyed my time here so far.

21. Default Re: Avana

^^ Glad all that worked out for you, circumstances from the fire, etc. Welcome to the complex

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    ^^ Glad all that worked out for you, circumstances from the fire, etc. Welcome to the complex
    Thanks, neighbor!

Compared to when it was first built:

Default Re: Aviare (formerly Avana)

Wow!!!

25. Default Re: Aviare (formerly Avana)

They do look nice, inside the complex too.
    That corner (nor the whole intersection) has no street lights, even after the P180 project. As much pedestrian traffic that area gets, with the Civic Center, MOA, etc. The city says the landlords overruled it, last time I asked.

Thread Information