Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Aviare (formerly Avana)

Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

I'm thinking about signing a lease here for a one bedroom apartment; anyone have any recent reviews on this complex and it's livability/location? I'm a little concerned with it being too far to enjoy Midtown/BT and reading reviews complaining about crime and bad management along with apartment finishes/durability. Thoughts? Thanks!

Crime is a non issue but the durability issue is very real.

3. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

Agree with Spartan, good tenant quality (lots of OUHSC students and young professionals). Know of a bicycle stolen from parking garage storage area, but don't know of any other crime. Reasonably well-maintained (hallways could use more regular cleaning). The real issue is that the finish inside is about as low-end as the exterior. I'm a bit of a materials snob, so for instance shallow thin-gauge stainless sinks and Formica counter tops bug me. If they don't bother you (and neither does drywall-only finishes, minimal closet build-out and inexpensive wall-to-wall carpet), it is a nice place overall. If they continue good maintenance it shouldn't be a huge problem. Great location, convenient parking, etc. I haven't lived there but leased a corporate unit for my out-of-state boss/business partner. He since moved to Level, which seems to be a significant upgrade IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wev162 View Post
    I'm thinking about signing a lease here for a one bedroom apartment; anyone have any recent reviews on this complex and it's livability/location? I'm a little concerned with it being too far to enjoy Midtown/BT and reading reviews complaining about crime and bad management along with apartment finishes/durability. Thoughts? Thanks!
    It's really an easy walk to Midtown, so I wouldn't worry about that.

A new liquor store just opened at the Legacy called Vice Spirits Wine & Beer.

Now we need a swimwear store next door called Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by wev162 View Post
    I loved it. I would have stayed if I could have purchased my unit.

Crime was non-existent to me. I read those scary reviews in apartmentfinder, too, and they were not at all representative of my experience there. I did live on the top floor, though, and never parked on the street. I stumbled home barefoot from bricktown a number if times and never had any issues...

8. Default Legacy Arts Quarter

Looks like the Legacy Arts apartment complex was sold to a new management company. I didn't know 2 of the 4 properties here were sold back in early August. They told us as of Aug 28 we have a new landlord. They will change the name from Legacy to Avana. It's now owned by Greystar.

One month ago, Greystar held no properties in Oklahoma. This is their first one here.

Well they have 3 now, including Avana Arts District. Weird they are renaming everything the Avana.

Avana 3131 Apartments
    3131 SW 89th St, Oklahoma City, OK. 73159

Avana Arts District Apartments
    301 N. Walker, Oklahoma City, OK. 73102

Avana Midwest Apartments
    777 North Air Depot Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK. 73110

11. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

Drove by legacy in Edmond and they have changed their name as well

Too bad the location on their website is wrong.

*facepalm*

They are planning to remodel the exterior.

I dropped them a note to see if they are removing those green awnings with the hideously huge lettering. One can only hope.

This looks like it may be a pretty good improvement:

I love the wood. It needs some more tactile and active materiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I love the wood. It needs some more tactile and active materiality.
    I didn't even notice the wood the first time I looked, but you're right. I also love the wood.

Just heard back and they said YES, they plan to take down those awful green awnings and replace them with metal versions.

This place could soon look much, much better.

18. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

I think the name has also changed to Avana Arts District. That's what it was listed as when looking back in December and it appears that's what will be only the building.

19. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

This seems like it will be a huge improvement from what is there currently. Really, though. What wouldn't improve this place?

20. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

I live here, have since they opened and I enjoy it. That said, it is time, after almost 7 years to freshen the place up, especially now with the other apt complexes opening up. It's just starting to show it's age, at least my apt does, and I'm glad to see they are investing to keep it decent, because the rents are sure not cheap.They have some interior remodeling planned, are adding some large grilling areas, added a little dog running park and new pool furniture.

Looks nice. Once the two Sycamore complexes have finished their updates it should be a nice little area. I still haven't been able to get any renderings on what Sycamore Square South and Sycamore Square North have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    I live here, have since they opened and I enjoy it. That said, it is time, after almost 7 years to freshen the place up, especially now with the other apt complexes opening up. It's just starting to show it's age, at least my apt does, and I'm glad to see they are investing to keep it decent, because the rents are sure not cheap.They have some interior remodeling planned, are adding some large grilling areas, added a little dog running park and new pool furniture.
    Thanks for the input.

Just taking down those green awnings will make a huge difference to the casual observer.

Seems like the new ownership group is doing a good job there.

23. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

I always felt like color variation in the facade (which already has nice alternating setback) would do wonders. I have long wanted to photoshop a pic to show what variation based on the existing color palette would look like. But this is much better than that even, with some differing surfaces too, as has been mentioned. I think this will be a big win and do away with most of what bothers people about this place; the overwhelming blandness.

Blog Entries

All that remains of the bothersomeness would be the pitched roof, but we're stuck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for the input.

Just taking down those green awnings will make a huge difference to the casual observer.

Seems like the new ownership group is doing a good job there.
    Which makes you wonder why Henderson was so bad with the project...

Here's another funny thing I noticed: the rehab proposed looks pretty similar to the ORIGINAL design for this project, as approved by OCURA, if I recall correctly.

Thread Information