Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aviare (formerly Avana)

Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    mecarr, is the management a joke there? what is your experience with them?
    It's hard to say since I do not deal with them or have much inside information on how they operate. With that said, I can tell you that when we signed up for an apartment back in May of 2007, they were promising us that a sushi bar was on its way, along with a health food store and another store. Either they were lying to us or they were overconfident that it would actually happen.

I do know some of the people that work in the Legacy office and they are very nice and courteous. Whenever I have a problem with the apartment that needs to be fixed they quickly send someone on their way to help. But when it comes to the retail down stairs, it has been very frustrating.

Looks like progress is finally being made on the remaining retail spaces in Legacy Arts. The Comet Cleaners should be opening any day and the "Lil Johnson" mini-mart appears to be ready, the "Steak & Catfish" place appears like some recent work has been done, so hopefully this Urban Renewal disaster will finally be filling up it's promised retail spaces.

The cleaners, while it looks like it's close to opening, has been stalled for a couple months now. Also, Bodywerx, the gym that is on the retail floor facing Kerr ave, has closed for good.

Quote Originally Posted by mecarr View Post
    The cleaners, while it looks like it's close to opening, has been stalled for a couple months now. Also, Bodywerx, the gym that is on the retail floor facing Kerr ave, has closed for good.
    Yeah, supposedly the apartments have new owners who want retail on the first floor, and raised Bodywerx' rent in order to force them out. It's unfortunate for the residents - that gym was supposed to be the apartment's gym.

Steak & Catfish have officially opened at Legacy Arts Quarter. They opened this morning. So far, the only thing I've seen are two waitresses standing in front of the restaurant smoking. They are open all day and close around 9 pm i think.

With regards to Bodywerx, it closed due to personal\emergency reasons of the owner.

Weird on Steak/Catfish, but good to see empty retail space being used. As far as BodyWerx, I've heard the same as already posted, that the new owners basically forced them out.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Weird on Steak/Catfish, but good to see empty retail space being used. As far as BodyWerx, I've heard the same as already posted, that the new owners basically forced them out.
    hmm. Well I've heard from several people who live here that that was not the case, instead the owner was having a personal emergency. The letter we got from the apartment said that it was closed due to "a sudden turn of events."

Steak & Catfish have officially opened at Legacy Arts Quarter. They opened this morning. So far, the only thing I've seen are two waitresses standing in front of the restaurant smoking.
    they will fit right in with the girls over at Velvet Monkey salon

hmm. Well I've heard from several people who live here that that was not the case, instead the owner was having a personal emergency. The letter we got from the apartment said that it was closed due to "a sudden turn of events."
    Interesting. My story came from my boss and a co-worker who worked out daily... weird how information travels.

Anyone know what's going on on Dewey between Robert S Kerr and 4th? I was driving by, couldn't read the sign, and can't find any info.

The "Lil-Johnson Mini Mart " is now open in the Legacy Arts complex.

I find it curious that someone would be so proud of their "lil Johnson" they'd name a convenience store after it.

Steak and Catfish is pretty good. Ate there last week.

Also, Comet Cleaners opened up on Friday. Talked to the manager yesterday. Glad they are a "green" dry cleaners and use non-toxic cleaners. I've switched to using them for my downtown dry cleaning needs.

Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

Building permit today for "La Cueva Grill" to be located in the Legacy toward the north end on Walker.

Default La Cueva Grill

Came across this application on the City's permitting website. Any information on this?

Here's the address. Looks like it is in the Legacy Art Quarter Apartments.

409 N WALKER AVE, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73102

Default Re: La Cueva Grill

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    Came across this application on the City's permitting website. Any information on this?

Here's the address. Looks like it is in the Legacy Art Quarter Apartments.

409 N WALKER AVE, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73102
    See Pete's post above yours.

Sorry, I had started a thread for the restaurant and it got consolidated into this one. Thanks Pete, sorry for the duplicate postings.

19. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

I'm meeting with Gary Brooks today. Any questions you want asked?

ask his opinion on the fair market price of that land where the new apartments will be built

Again, just please probe him on how committed he is to sticking to the design he presented to OCURA.

Yeah. Ask him what he thinks Legacy Summit will look like 15 years from now.

23. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

Frankly, the finish is the only thing I really find disappointing about LS. I think from an urban infill standpoint, the overall layout/function is better than nearly anything we've seen downtown. But yeah, it's a little tough to look at.

24. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

Any more info on the La Cueva Grill? Haven't been able to find anything.

25. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central

There's a La Cueva in Irving, TX.

Thread Information