Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aviare (formerly Avana)

1. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

I passed by yesterday and cringed at the signage. It's actually a decent restaurant, but good lord. I shouldn't be surprised though, from the awnings of the other businesses in Legacy Arts.

Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

What a hip addition to downtown!

Seriously, that huge, gaudy lettering on the awnings for all their retail tenants is incredibly tacky.

And nice Scion, Metro!

haha, thanks Pete! yeah I'm not too excited about this "hip" addition to downtown. This place won't last long I bet. Even if they had to sign a 5 yr lease as rumored.

4. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

lol
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

LOL!!!

Would it kill someone to use some neon signs in downtown? Of course, if was brightly lit then it would be like the Kenny Rogers Roster episode of Sienfeld for the person living above.

According to the latest Skyline Snapshot, Legacy claims that the Comet Cleaners is "complete" and the "Steak & Catfish" restaurant should open any day...This, my friends, is a bunch of baloney. There hasn't been one piece of work done on the Steak & Catfish restaurant in weeks...I walk by it everyday, and nothing has changed. The comet cleaners isn't open at all, it looks like they are a few months away from opening. Also, they say that a Deli should be open by the end of the summer. But I don't even see where the deli is going because no work has been done in any of the other spaces.

I ate lunch at the "Steak & Catfish Barn" this week. It's located at I-35 and Waterloo Rd. I asked the waitress when they were planning to open their downtown location and she said in September but couldn't remember an exact date.

September?? They've got a long way to go from the folding table and lawn chair they have in there now.

I walk by the place everyday, and the same two coffee cups from McDonalds have been in the same position now for 4 weeks. Legacy says it should be open any day now...

9. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

What a comprehensive signage code could do for downtown okc...too many missed opportunities on projects like this. Is there some kind of disconnect when the street flag banners read "ARTS DISTRICT" and someone is allowed to install awnings like that?

Drove by this morning on the way to work and it looks like another restaurant is going in on Walker Avenue. I can't recall the full name, but it's "_______ Hoagies, Pizza, and Deli". And yes, it's the same ridiculous signage as "Steak & Catfish". Perhaps someone can provide a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor83 View Post
    Drove by this morning on the way to work and it looks like another restaurant is going in on Walker Avenue. I can't recall the full name, but it's "_______ Hoagies, Pizza, and Deli". And yes, it's the same ridiculous signage as "Steak & Catfish". Perhaps someone can provide a pic.
    Where on Walker?

12. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

Just from that, I'd guess it would be a Hobby's Hoagies.

Great add to downtown, if true!

13. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

I'll try and drive by after work and snap a shot on my way home.

Drove by yesterday afternoon and I took this picture of what appears to be a new tenant at Legacy Arts Quarter. It's called "Lil Johnson's Mini Mart" and they are in the northern-most space along Walker Avenue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	189

Not a bad addition to this area just as long as, IMO, they are open on the weekends and after 6:30pm on the weekdays.

Thanks for posting that. I had been meaning to post that. Not sure what is up with the Legacy and their "retail tenants." First off, they delay the projects until they fall through, then the signage is horrible to say the least. On the bright side it appears Hobbies Hoagies has started more interior work (drywall, etc.) so hopefully this place will actually come to fruition as it is a good eatery anyways. The Steak and Catfish place was already supposed to be open and I haven't seen workers in their or the Dry Cleaners in months.

I noticed that almost all of the spaces have been leased but very few are open. Should be a nice addition for those of you who can walk to there from where you live.

18. Default Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

That 2-story brick building across Walker is the perfect spot for a grocery store, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    That 2-story brick building across Walker is the perfect spot for a grocery store, IMO.
    Rick Dowell owns, that, probably wont see that happening. He'll divide it up to several streetfront retail or office spaces I bet. There is another nice building that fits the bill on the east side of Walker at about 8th. It was part of Banta's Renaissance but I believe Howard/Clagg own it now. Some guy works out there on the brickwork almost everyday doing what appears to be cleaning each grout line with a toothbrush or wire brush. You can tell a difference from where he's been/has left, but it sure is some tedious work.

A retail shop is slated to open on the ground level of the Legacy...It appears to be a small grocery mart. The sign is up on the awning.

Quote Originally Posted by mecarr View Post
    A retail shop is slated to open on the ground level of the Legacy...It appears to be a small grocery mart. The sign is up on the awning.
    Scroll up and view post #115:

11-14-2008 09:20 AM
    taylor83 Re: Legacy Summit at Arts Central Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drove by yesterday afternoon and I took this picture of what appears to be a new tenant at Legacy Arts Quarter. It's called "Lil Johnson's Mini Mart" and they are in the northern-most space along Walker Avenue.

Attachment 189

Not a bad addition to this area just as long as, IMO, they are open on the weekends and after 6:30pm on the weekdays.

Drove by today, looks like Hobby's Hoagies may be opening up soon, the rest of the retailers don't look like they've made any progress in months.

Hobby's Hoagies appeared to be opening soon, and still has more work done than the other "prospective" tenants, but I haven't seen any kind of progress on any of the tenants lately. I don't get the management of this place at all. Steve or anyone have you heard anything more? I know you were stoked about Hobby's opening up.

I live at Legacy and can tell you that there has been virtually zero progress when it comes to Steak & Catfish, Comet Cleaners and Little Johnson's Grocery Mart. Hobbies has made progress but they seemed to have stalled this past month. Steak & Catfish has seen little progress since August, although they have said "opening soon" ever since last july.

mecarr, is the management a joke there? what is your experience with them?

Thread Information