Widgets Magazine

Thread: 12th St construction

Default 12th St construction

Anybody know what's going on? I've been out of the know and haven't heard why no progress (or work) is being done. I haven't driven that way much during the construction (I just avoid it) but I've been having to at least once a week lately and it's pretty annoying. I'm sure those that travel it more often and/or live in the area (including the businesses) are at their witts end.

edit: heh, figures. After I post this thread this appears on FB.

http://www.mooremonthly.com/news/12t...back-in-action
    Last edited by bille; 03-15-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: new information

Default Re: 12th St construction

I imagine moving N City Ave so that it forms a perfect t intersection had something to do with the delay. A lot of utilities had to be moved.

Even when completed this area will be street to avoid. The landscape in this area while nice is going to create very hazardous safety issues. Trees have been panted along the roadways creating severe view obstructions. I don't visit/drive this road often, but will definitely avoid this area from now on.

rcjunkie I'm glad someone else noticed this! The shrubs they've put along the roadway do look nice but I experienced firsthand how bad they block the view to turn out onto 12th. Fortunately I didn't get in a wreck, but I think I scared a few years off my life & the life of the guy I pulled out in front of!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    rcjunkie I'm glad someone else noticed this! The shrubs they've put along the roadway do look nice but I experienced firsthand how bad they block the view to turn out onto 12th. Fortunately I didn't get in a wreck, but I think I scared a few years off my life & the life of the guy I pulled out in front of!
    I called the City of Moore about a month ago to relay my concerns,was thanked for my call and told it would be looked into and that someone would call for further details----still waiting for that call.

I'll call too & see if some of my Moore based friends will as well. Maybe if enough of us complain they will take it seriously.

They need to remove the tree and I do not care how nice it looks for a clear view and less wrecks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    They need to remove the tree and I do not care how nice it looks for a clear view and less wrecks
    I concur.
    Saturday, I was at Braums on 12th.
    The trees are nice to look at but partially obstruct your view of oncoming traffic when trying to get on 12th from the parking lot.
    Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I tried calling - several times - and never received anything more than a thanks for calling, someone will get back with you about this. So, I tried the City of Moore facebook page & got the following response from them: "tree placement is inline with traffic safety regulations. Once all 5 lanes of traffic are open you should be able to notice that they are not an obstruction. If we receive feedback after the project is completed we will review placement again at that time. Thank you for your comment."

I'm very curious as to how 5 lanes of traffic being open will miraculously make me no longer notice a TREE blocking my view. I would also like to know what the regulation on tree placement actually is. Does it mean it's got to be x number of inches/feet from the curb or roadway? Does it take into consideration what will stick out once it starts growing & filling out? I am NOT happy about this :/

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    I tried calling - several times - and never received anything more than a thanks for calling, someone will get back with you about this. So, I tried the City of Moore facebook page & got the following response from them: "tree placement is inline with traffic safety regulations. Once all 5 lanes of traffic are open you should be able to notice that they are not an obstruction. If we receive feedback after the project is completed we will review placement again at that time. Thank you for your comment."

I'm very curious as to how 5 lanes of traffic being open will miraculously make me no longer notice a TREE blocking my view. I would also like to know what the regulation on tree placement actually is. Does it mean it's got to be x number of inches/feet from the curb or roadway? Does it take into consideration what will stick out once it starts growing & filling out? I am NOT happy about this :/
    They are dumbasses, the only way to avoid it to use a different route to go to a different Braum's or something like that

Has anybody heard or noticed anything new going on? I called the City yesterday and left a message with Stan and still waiting for a callback also sent a email a few weeks ago and still no answer on that. Is Moore in charge of the construction or a private company does anybody know?

I'm sure it's on hold indefinitely due to the tornado, bigger fish to fry as it where.

If I were a betting man I'd say Silver Star was doing the construction, they are in on a lot of stuff in the Moore area. And I know they are probably overtaxed with storm cleanup. What I don't understand is why Moore can't offer up bids to others (assuming that is the case) and/or why Silver Star won't pass on some stuff so that multiple jobs can be done simultaneously. Hopefully I'm wrong about all that and there's a completely logical explanation for why work on 12th street has stopped again.

13. Default Re: 12th St construction

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    I'm sure it's on hold indefinitely due to the tornado, bigger fish to fry as it where.

If I were a betting man I'd say Silver Star was doing the construction,
    If you were a betting man I'd take you up on that bet.... I've never seen any Silver Star vehicles over there but I have seen another companies vehicles on the job. Don't remember the name but it definitely wasn't Silver Star.

I also don't think it's due to the tornado. Work on 12th Street has started and stopped for no good logical reason from the start of that project. What I do know is it shouldn't take 1 1/2 years to complete 1/4 mile of roadwork.

What's really bad was driving home last night I commented to my wife that the east bound lane would need to be repaired again by the time the west bound lane is finished.

I just really hope whoever has the contract for Broadway doesn't drag it out like 12th Street.

I wondered the same thing....why is it taking so long to complete this section? The traffic is horrible. It's to the point where you have to take NE 27th street to get acoss town now.

I noticed the light at the service road has a lefthand turn light, but its not currently sequenced and used.

16. Default Re: 12th St construction

The traffic actually flows smoother through that intersection when the power is out and it becomes a 4 way stop. Without the left turn signal all it takes is one car to need to make a left and it backs traffic all the way across the bridge.

Thread Information