Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Dome

Default Re: Uptown 23rd Development.

Maybe, if that indeed happens. We've also been hearing delaying tatics about the First National Center to avoid foreclosure.

yeah, count me as a skeptic when it comes to a new restaurant and 3 new tenants...it all sounds good when ur trying to avoid foreclosure.

What is it with the bad landlords controlling some OKC's most significant architectural icons? Geez. I new the owners of Prohibition Room among others, and LAM was queen of the deffered maintenance squad apparently.

Here's hopes that the preservationalists who fought so hard for that building are graced through some sort of positive ultimate outcome with this grand building. Buckminster Fuller's original geodesic dome has already been torn down.

IMHO, too many posters here were keen to give Lam the benefit of the doubt for her, um, idiosyncratic approach to the management of this property. I never understood that.

The sign that was in front of the restaurant area that said "coming soon" is gone and there is black paper all over the windows so you can't see in. I can't find any licensing for any restaurant going in at that location either. I have heard that the air has been out in the building for over a week now and that sewer smell is worse than ever.
    I don't believe anything that Irene says. I doubt there are new tenants , and they have been saying that the Latin restaurant was going in there since the week Prohibition Room moved out. Still haven't seen that one either.
    Foreclosure proceedings started before P Room moved out, March 2011. The foreclosure was final in March 2012, it is just finally going up for auction.
    I agree with Pickles.

Somebody better tell http://www.facebook.com/ZONAVIVAOKC about this foreclosure.

All I can say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME! 6 years and she never made a payment other than interest. And I believe that city loan was only 1 percent? Irene was certainly collecting rent from her tenants. Now she says she has tenants moving in? In the past all the "tenants" who were moving in were her own BS businesses. Flower Power? Some mentoring office? Wizard Snow Cones? Prohibition Room was paying $5300.00 per month. Where did it go?

More importantly is what happens to the building.

Quote Originally Posted by RSA View Post
    Somebody better tell http://www.facebook.com/ZONAVIVAOKC about this foreclosure.

Prohibition Room was paying $5300.00 per month. Where did it go?
    Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    More importantly is what happens to the building.
    The building will be fine. The Gold Dome is a cool building. I'm sure there is a risk of and investor buying it at the auction and possibly tearing it down. Does it not make you angry that Irene took grants and loans from the city of OKC with the promise to the tax payers of improvement? She did nothing but pocket the money and not fulfill any of the promises.

Prohibition Room comes out looking pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by RSA View Post
    The building will be fine. The Gold Dome is a cool building. I'm sure there is a risk of and investor buying it at the auction and possibly tearing it down. Does it not make you angry that Irene took grants and loans from the city of OKC with the promise to the tax payers of improvement? She did nothing but pocket the money and not fulfill any of the promises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Prohibition Room comes out looking pretty good...
    Yes, and yes, but to what outcome? That is yet TBD.

Public records show that Gold Dome foreclosure started March 2011, and that not only did P Room NOT owe Irene money , but that they were released from their lease early and able to take everything, even permanent fixtures, such as the vent hood, because Irene was in default on HER end of the lease agreement. Irene owes property taxes and $1 million to the city, which is all public record.

Foreclosure was final March 2012, and Irene and all tenents were served.

Foreclosure auction is Sept. 13...seems it has been determined.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Interesting tidbit from Uptown23rd's FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Uptow...58902067511175
    Interesting happenings here. Could it be that the Hotel/Restaurant Liquidators will be finally gone?

Proposal to close the alley between 23rd and 24th, Walker to Dewey:

http://www.okc.gov/planning/planning...res/CE-830.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Interesting happenings here. Could it be that the Hotel/Restaurant Liquidators will be finally gone?

Proposal to close the alley between 23rd and 24th, Walker to Dewey:

http://www.okc.gov/planning/planning...res/CE-830.pdf
    A 22 page staff report for a relatively simple item. Wow. HP is thorough... Land Run Commercial Real Estate is really putting together something interesting.

Default Re: Gold Dome demolition permit?

What are they wanting to build in place of the Gold Dome?

16. Default Re: Gold Dome demolition permit?

Steve's working on it he told me.

here we go again.......

May be a lot harder to save this time given that the last project ultimately fell through rather conspicuously.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    May be a lot harder to save this time given that the last project ultimately fell through rather conspicuously.
    Tear down the Gold Dome??? Absolutely disgusting.

Let's not let this happen.

I used to represent one of the Gold Dome's former tenants. The place could be a reasonably successful property if the owner would treat the tenants fairly.

While I have not been on board with rescuing the Stage Center, I think the Gold Dome is very much integrated into the life of OKC and should be preserved if possible.

This building needs to be put into a trust. David Box bought it with supposedly good intentions.
    If the demolition request is true, boycott Box Talent maybe one way of fighting back?

Tanenbaum owns the Classen. In fact, doesn't he live there?

Surely he has a vested interest in what happens next door.

David Box, thy name is mud.

Thread Information