Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Dome

Default Re: Gold Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    For what I know, I'd be very, very surprised if Natural Grocers ever happens at this location.
    And a lot of folks would be very, very disappointed, NG is a good store, just is not a good fit for the Gold Dome, it's *got* to have a higher, better use than that. I wish Trolley Stop Records would've had the $$$ to go in there instead of the bldg they're in (which is nice, but the Gold Dome is way cooler).

Blog Entries

It's almost too bad KOSU/TheSpy are in the Hart Building, as great as it is. Gold Dome, with the way it's laid out inside, I think would be excellent for media station/studio type use.

But when I think about what has been the most successful business to operate in the Gold Dome in recent memory, it's got to be the Prohibition Room. The only reason they shut down was because of building management issues. They were otherwise successful. But PR only took up 1/4 or maybe 1/3 of the ground floor. So why not load it up with 3-4 restaurants, and maybe a couple boutiques or offices in odd spaces (I know it had offices while PR was successful). Plus you still have the lobby and basement to use as event space, and orgs are always looking for event space. And there's plenty of parking. I don't know why this approach is not at least being tried. I mean, right at the height of cool restaurants galore going into Uptown 23 and former food trucks making the brick-and-mortar leap in several of the hot districts, why isn't this place on the table for those uses? It just seems like at least having a few successful establishments in your building could at least warrant a selling price bump. Heck, maybe it's a good bargaining chip as well for some other business you're trying to woo there.

All of that said, I know I don't have the full context of what's going on, so maybe these approaches have been tried and have not worked out.

Install a garage door and convert it into a food truck market. (Where the trucks can park inside)

Blog Entries

There's a construction fence up at this site, do we know what's up?

Better not be a demolition or something........

Maybe they are building a new Braum's there?

Ooooh! I hope it's an On Cue!!!

I think Lackmeyer said in last week's chat that Russell has figured out a way to undo some kind of sealing/roof thing that the previous owners (not sure if it was TEEMCO, but probably) did improperly. Not totally sure that's why the fence is up, though, but seems likely.

Yes, just minor roof work from my understanding.

There are no types of permits that have been issued.

Drove by this morning - that roof looks terrible! Glad they’re working on it.

So if nobody will fix it up and use it, does it just sit there indefinitely, rotting away?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, just minor roof work from my understanding.

There are no types of permits that have been issued.
    None................yet. I swear the demolition companies keep equipment on standby ready to demolish at a moments notice. Just like Founders Bank last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    None................yet. I swear the demolition companies keep equipment on standby ready to demolish at a moments notice. Just like Founders Bank last year.
    Yes, but this building is in a design district so they have to go through a public approval process so there would be ample warning.

That happened previously at this property with a different owner, and as soon as the application was filed there was a huge backlash and the app was pulled back.

There's a trailer that has a logo for Ceres Environmental in front of the Dome. Although demolition appears to be one of the things they do, they also offer other services like asbestos remediation and deconstruction/preservation of structures.

My guess would be that maybe this firm has some kind of expertise that would be beneficial with working on a structure like this? If they were going to demo the building as a whole, is there any reason that a local company like Midwest Wrecking couldn't do it?

If they take the Gold Dome they have to take me with it

I always thought this was a great location for something like Denver Central Market. Add a patio, a central bar and shared seating. With the right group of shops it could be a really neat place where each place compliments the others.

http://denvercentralmarket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heysloth View Post
    I always thought this was a great location for something like Denver Central Market. Add a patio, a central bar and shared seating. With the right group of shops it could be a really neat place where each place compliments the others.

http://denvercentralmarket.com
    Or even something like The Collective food hall.

Blog Entries

YES Pete. We already know a restaurant can work there. Why not a few more....

Owner Jonathan Russell has applied to demolish the drive-thru structure, which is not original.

The application indicates no new construction is immediately planned for the site.

City planning staff have recommended approval and the Urban Design Commission will vote 8/28.

Saw this listing: looks like the Gold Dome was purchased for $1,100,000 in 2015 and is now listed for $3,000,000?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1112...ae8GKxbYdlaiNg

^

Yep, and he had previously listed it for $3.2M but quickly pulled down the listing after others picked up on it.

Unfortunately, the higher the list price the more likely we see this demolished. At $28 per square foot, a buyer will have to have to find a higher and more dense use of the land.

24. Default Re: Gold Dome

Demo has started...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	402FE254-888B-4797-A4D7-9BE0DF0DBD76.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	15607

Name:	A632C475-AC6A-46ED-AF9F-83F5DF84888D.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	15608

Name:	B66C77FD-3D09-4971-BE74-4C5B6F452291.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	15609

I took these on Sunday... You can see they severed the connection to the dome itself before they started to tear down the drive-thru structure.

Thread Information