Widgets Magazine

Thread: Southside Apartments

1. Talking Southside Apartments

Hi all...

I am looking for reviews of apartments located in the S. OKC/Moore area.

I'm probably going to have to look for something by the end of the summer.

I'm interested in studio and 1br apartments. Right now, I'm considering Brookwood Village and Eastlake Village.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

2. Default Re: Southside Apartments

They are both still nice. The worst thing about any of them is the crappy builders grade appliances that fall apart every month.

Jay Guest

Default Re: Southside Apartments

You might check out Countryside Villas and Village, Montclair Parc and The Greens in Moore.

4. Talking Re: Southside Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by OklaCity_75
    You might check out Countryside Villas and Village, Montclair Parc and The Greens in Moore.
    Yeah, I had a friend of mine recommend those to me as well, but they are a little higher than I wanted to pay.

Eastlake is in my price range, and the water is paid for and there's a washer/dryer in every unit. Brookwood is cheaper, has playgrounds and a lot of area for me and my daughter to run around, but I have to pay for water and there isn't a washer/dryer in every unit.

I'm hoping that someone on here has stayed in either of these places within the past 6 months, so I can get some good feedback.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't recommend Brookwood. My sister and a co-worker have bothed lived there fairly recently. Neither one of them were to happy with their experience there. Oakplace is nice. It is directly across from WestMoore HighSchool. They are newer and affordable. Thats where my seperated other half (that sounds rude... sorry!) lives.

6. Default Re: Southside Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by okcgoddess
    I wouldn't recommend Brookwood. My sister and a co-worker have bothed lived there fairly recently. Neither one of them were to happy with their experience there. Oakplace is nice. It is directly across from WestMoore HighSchool. They are newer and affordable. Thats where my seperated other half (that sounds rude... sorry!) lives.
    It depends on your budget if it is affordable. Oakplace was destroyed in the May 3, 1999 tornado and was rebuilt. These are only about two years old.

I think his apartment is 600 dollars for a nice 2 bedroom. I don't know how much the studio or 1 bedroom apts. are.

Legacy Crossing Apartments are supposed to be nice.

My sister lived at Legacy Woods, which is the same apartments, but located in Edmond. They were a great place to live and she never had any complaints.

They're on SW 89th, just east of I-44.

www.legacycommunities.com

Jay Guest

The only downside to Legacy is that you have buy your phone, broadband and TV service through them. They will not allow you to use outside services. They also bill you for water usage.

So buy the time its all said and done you will pay an extra $200.00 a month on top of your rent. Not to mention if you want private parking that will cost you too. Which I think they have private garages there instead of covered parking.

10. Default Re: Southside Apartments

Oak Place starts at $480/mo. I've lived there for over a year now. I used to live there before the May 3rd tornado when it was known as Emerald Springs.

11. Default Re: Southside Apartments

I found out today that Brookwood is offering a studio for $379 and a 1br for $429, both $20 off/month than what the usual rent is. The thing is that I'd have to pay for water.

Eastlake's 1br is $449, with water paid and a washer/dryer in each unit. The only things that I would need is electric and cable and internet if I choose to. I don't need a phone because I get free cell phone service thru my employer.

Right now, I think I'm going to focus on Eastlake, unless I get a lot of negative feedback.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Patrick Guest

I think Brookwood has seen better days. I've known several people move there recently only to move out to Montclair Park. Brookwood used to be very nice, but it's gone down hill somewhat over the years. It's also such a large complex to maintain, thus I've heard maintenance is slow at times. You know it's a large complex when they have 9 pools! They have like almost 1200 units.

Another you might try..... Cape Cod Apartments, 148 SE 89th, Oklahoma City, OK 73139, 1-888-864-6737. I've had a few friends live there from school, and they said it was a very nice, quiet small complex. You might check it out. I've driven through there and seen one of their apartments and I think they were pretty nice. Efficiency is $399, 1Br is $489.

13. Default Re: Southside Apartments

Yes, I actually was going to check out Cape Cod. They've always looked nice when I've driven by them.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid
    Yes, I actually was going to check out Cape Cod. They've always looked nice when I've driven by them.
    They only have 78 units, so finding something available might be difficult. But, you might as well check it out.

Thread Information