Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Strip Club In The Metro?

Default Re: Best Strip Club In The Metro?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Why in the world would you want to go to a strip club?

If you have to ask....

What is the vendetta going against strip clubs in OKC? There have been several clubs that have closed down in the last year, due to prosecutors/law enforcement. I know its not everyone's cup a tea, but dang.

3. Default Re: Best Strip Club In The Metro?

I don't think it's a specific vendetta against strip clubs. I think in the cases I've read about there was either illegal activity happening, trouble with liquor license, attempts to skirt ordinances or in one case a loophole of some sort that allowed a trouble-prone club to operate very close to a residential area, which is going to cause problems no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    What is the vendetta going against strip clubs in OKC? There have been several clubs that have closed down in the last year, due to prosecutors/law enforcement. I know its not everyone's cup a tea, but dang.
    I've got a friend who has bartended at strip clubs for years, all over the metro. From what she's told me, pretty much every one has crooked stuff going on. It's a cash based economy, the girls are almost always looking to make a little "extra money" on the side, they break laws with regularity (and have code phrases like "so and so to the sound booth" when they see police approaching on the cameras. The ones without liquor licenses find ways to still sell liquor. Drug dealing is rampant, as is various levels of prostitution. People get excessively drunk, fights happen, and more. They can be a real nuisance to their neighbors, both on a crime and a noise basis.

Basically, the legit, above the board places don't have problems. But those are the exception in that industry.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I've got a friend who has bartended at strip clubs for years, all over the metro. From what she's told me, pretty much every one has crooked stuff going on. It's a cash based economy, the girls are almost always looking to make a little "extra money" on the side, they break laws with regularity (and have code phrases like "so and so to the sound booth" when they see police approaching on the cameras. The ones without liquor licenses find ways to still sell liquor. Drug dealing is rampant, as is various levels of prostitution. People get excessively drunk, fights happen, and more. They can be a real nuisance to their neighbors, both on a crime and a noise basis.

Basically, the legit, above the board places don't have problems. But those are the exception in that industry.
    My argument is that a lot of these clubs that closed down for the above have been operating for like 10+ years, so why all of sudden now? Just doesn't add up...Like Red Light Nights, Blue Fox, & Fantasy Island just to name a few...

My argument is that a lot of these clubs that closed down for the above have been operating for like 10+ years, so why all of sudden now? Just doesn't add up...Like Red Light Nights, Blue Fox, & Fantasy Island just to name a few...
    Red light nights had zoning issues with noise. Blue fox and fantasy island..... Well, fantasy island inherited the folks from PBs home of the $20 you know what. I don't want to get too explicit. And the Blue Fox makes them look legit.

Next up, Roadrunner and Midway?

These aren't above board places.

7. Default Re: Best Strip Club In The Metro?

Roadrunner has been closed for several years.... If we are thinking of the same Midway... It's not a strip club... Just a dive bar with uneven pool tables.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Roadrunner has been closed for several years.... If we are thinking of the same Midway... It's not a strip club... Just a dive bar with uneven pool tables.
    10th and Macarthur. I think it was renamed, after Fantasy Island burned down, and bought them. Became Midway Fantasy Island or something like that. Didn't know about Roadrunner (not judging those who do, but I don't frequent these places).

A little more info on Blue Fox btw - http://newsok.com/article/5521536

Red light nights had zoning issues with noise. Blue fox and fantasy island..... Well, fantasy island inherited the folks from PBs home of the $20 you know what. I don't want to get too explicit. And the Blue Fox makes them look legit.

These aren't above board places.
    I get what you are saying, don't get me wrong. I used to go to all those places often in my younger years, in my early 20's, and I am 35 now. But all what you mentioned went on back then, so my debate is why now? After 15 years, they just decided to put their foot down???? Red Light Nights, Amanda's Club, Fantasy Island, Blue Foxx, XXXstacy Ranch all operated in the same fashion for YEARS...just don't get why now.

I get what you are saying, don't get me wrong. I used to go to all those places often in my younger years, in my early 20's, and I am 35 now. But all what you mentioned went on back then, so my debate is why now? After 15 years, they just decided to put their foot down???? Red Light Nights, Amanda's Club, Fantasy Island, Blue Foxx, XXXstacy Ranch all operated in the same fashion for YEARS...just don't get why now.
    Typically it goes with complaints and such. PB's was shut down a decade ago. There were more shut down before that. My grandfather went around with Bob Macy in the 80's working to shut down some clubs and live peep show arcades then.

Not sure if all of the places you mentioned were shut down, or just went out of business...

It's as simple as it starting bothering some folk more than it use to bother some other folk in earlier years. They started kicking up a fuss, and the leo's started taking action.

Some of the owners and workers may have not taken matters as seriously as they could have as well, to their own detriment.

Much like code violations enforcement is very complaint driven.

PB's. Where you are courageous but she is contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by tulamokom View Post
    PB's. Where you are courageous but she is contagious.
    Hah!

Noticed the old strip club The Trophy Room on I-240 & S. Western, that has been shut down for almost a year has been remodeled & given the new name Platinum Nights. The "new" owners actually spent some money & gave this location a facelift & looks more upscale. Anxious to see how this new venture turns out.

Thread Information