Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Westgate Commerce Center

Far West Westgate Commerce Center

Owned by Dick Tanenbaum. Remodeling the partially complete old Corning building into spec office space and selling the land around it:

Default Re: Sara Road & Reno

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    What is going up on the corner and Sara & Reno? Basically where I-40 and the Kirkpatrick meet. Subdivision or Factory?
    I forgot all about this but remember seeing this a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find anything out.

It's a safe bet it's not residential, as that is an industrial area. There is an incompleted building that is just steel structure work that has been standing on the northeast corner of that intersection for years.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    It's a safe bet it's not residential, as that is an industrial area. There is an incompleted building that is just steel structure work that has been standing on the northeast corner of that intersection for years.
    Yeah that thing has been for sale for years. Anyone remember what it was supposed to be?

They have now put in a side walk. Is this Yukon City limit or Oklahoma City? Seems strange for a side walk there if it's a factory.

6. Default Re: Sara Road & Reno

Wasn't that originally suposed to be a Corning fiber optics manufacturing facility?

They have now put in a side walk. Is this Yukon City limit or Oklahoma City? Seems strange for a side walk there if it's a factory.
    That is a mile into the OKC limits, didn't almost anything denser than agricultural designations be changed to require a sidewalk 10 to 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    Wasn't that originally suposed to be a Corning fiber optics manufacturing facility?
    Yes, it was to be a Corning facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    That is a mile into the OKC limits, didn't almost anything denser than agricultural designations be changed to require a sidewalk 10 to 20 years ago?
    That building is to be turned into a office building. But I have heard that for years now, but i would not be surprised if that is what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Yes, it was to be a Corning facility.
    This, it was going to be an Owens Corning fiber optics plant, more than a decade ago. This was during the dot com boom/bust.

Ok I just moved her a year ago what happened. Did they start building it and then just stopped? I figured a tornado hit the thing. LOL Sure it would have to be torn down and rebuilt at this point. Why don't they just take it down now it's kind of a big eye sore. So still no word then are what they are working on at reno/Sara

Ok I just moved her a year ago what happened. Did they start building it and then just stopped? I figured a tornado hit the thing. LOL Sure it would have to be torn down and rebuilt at this point. Why don't they just take it down now it's kind of a big eye sore. So still no word then are what they are working on at reno/Sara
    It cost money to take something down, just to take it down. The new developer would decide whether to incorporate the old structure into a new design, or raze it when construction starts,... when ever that will be.

Yep, and not to mention, for the right buyer, it would be a significant cost savings not to have to buy the steel and foundation on their building. Not to mention the time savings of not having to replicate those phases of construction.

No kidding. Your looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars in materials just sitting there.

If IIRC, the entire business park there was bought by Richard Tanenbaum. (sp)? He built some industrial space first and who knows when they will deal with the old fiber optics structure.

I think the poster is referring to the SW corner or Sarah and Reno. Looks like they may be putting a gas station or something there. The abandoned structure is on the NE corner.

I was thinking the same thing about a gas station however there are ones on morgan and one on mustang road so kind of not the best location IMO

Anyone found out what this was yet?

Looks like they were working on the land kind of in front of the old Corning facility.

So what is going on over there. The is a building and then something else not sure what it is. Right on the corner of I-40 and Kilpratrick turnpike

So what is going on over there. The is a building and then something else not sure what it is. Right on the corner of I-40 and Kilpratrick turnpike
    That is where the road building construction company for I-40 is working from. Go up on Sara Rd and you can see it all from up there. They even have an exit from the site to I-40 for their machinery.

I was told yesterday that this land where the Corning facility was supposed to go is getting work done. I felt like I may have seen something earlier on this, but after searching, this is all I came up with.

There has been activity on both the old, unfinished Corning plant and the surrounding property.

But I haven't been able to find any building permits or plans.

The property was bought by Dick Tanenbaum several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There has been activity on both the old, unfinished Corning plant and the surrounding property.

But I haven't been able to find any building permits or plans.

The property was bought by Dick Tanenbaum several years ago.
    I about went crazy, trying to find something last night and thought I was just missing it, so that makes me feel better. Let us know when you do know.

Thread Information