Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Westgate Commerce Center

Default Re: Sara Road & Reno

it's called Westgate Office complex, or something like that. it was bid out a few months back, spec office i guess

Aha! Westgate Commerce Center.

Looks like they are trying to sell the land but may also be finishing off the office building for lease.

Wow, OKT. I haven't seen a mention of that railroad company since the 80s before UP swallowed it.

So what exactly is going to be in the commerce center? I see workers everyday up in the Corning structure. Are they inspecting and continuing construction on it? There is a new dug out road that comes up to the fence, oh probably about 500 ft east of Sara.

Here are the renderings for the completed office building, which I believe will be leased on by Tanenbaum:

Default Re: Westgate Commerce Center

Found a good elevation for the office building:

This is great news, so it's finally moving forward?

Yes, they are well under construction.

I assume they will just lease out to spec tenants. I bet they'll fill the space without much trouble.

That whole area is booming.

Very nice to see after all these years it getting utilized.

Recent photo courtesy of Bellaboo:

Yes I drive by it almost everyday. Really moving along. Do they have anyone lined up yet to move in?

I'd really like to see this light a fire of development in that area off Reno. So much unused land that could be developed. Something like Chisholm Creek would be cool, or maybe an industrial or business park. If only we could lure more diverse companies to the city.

HangryHippo Guest

Have any tenants been lined up for this building yet?

14. Default Re: Westgate Commerce Center

That's funny how he tries to spin it as space to fill a need that exists because there's so little office space out there.

First off, if there was such a need, the place wouldn't still be empty.
    Second, it's freaking far out west and corporations aren't building large campuses out that way...and aren't going to limit their employee base by going that far out.
    Third, if there's such a glut in office space on the west side near I-40, then why is it that the old Lucent plant (OKCWorks) is filling up so well while this place still sits empty? There are a lot of factors on this one, but dont expect this place to fill up any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That's funny how he tries to spin it as space to fill a need that exists because there's so little office space out there.

First off, if there was such a need, the place wouldn't still be empty.
    Second, it's freaking far out west and corporations aren't building large campuses out that way...and aren't going to limit their employee base by going that far out.
    Third, if there's such a glut in office space on the west side near I-40, then why is it that the old Lucent plant (OKCWorks) is filling up so well while this place still sits empty? There are a lot of factors on this one, but dont expect this place to fill up any time soon.
    If I understand it correctly, they are still in the final stages of completion. I have no doubt this building will fill.

Guess you haven't been out West lately ? Ground just broke this past month on a large facility on I-40 less than a mile from this location. Looks like they have dozed about 20 acres or so.

And there are absolutely tons of companies with large operations in the immediate area.

Tanenbaum is very shrewd and he buys properties right, which translates into reasonable rents. I bet that building fills up pretty rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    If I understand it correctly, they are still in the final stages of completion. I have no doubt this building will fill.

Guess you haven't been out West lately ? Ground just broke this past month on a large facility on I-40 less than a mile from this location. Looks like they have dozed about 20 acres or so.
    Is what you're referring to the location just south of Love's (south of I-40 and east side of Morgan Road)? Any idea what is going in there?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Is what you're referring to the location just south of Love's (south of I-40 and east side of Morgan Road)? Any idea what is going in there?
    Nope, it fronts I-40 just east of City Trailer on the north side of the interstate. It's a large facility whatever it is.

I wonder if it's Swift Transportation's new maintenance facility?

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    I wonder if it's Swift Transportation's new maintenance facility?
    I know Swift is located on 10th st about a mile and a half away, but that doesn't mean this is not them.

Drove by and saw they're clearing a good piece of land out by Reno. Any idea if they're getting ready for an expansion?

Apartments -- some with garages -- moving forward for the east section of this development:

That’s not a bad design.

They're clearing ground there now. Looks like they're about to start construction on the apartments. I look forward to watching this take shape.

25. Default Re: Westgate Commerce Center

Anyone else notice a complete lack of a dining room space? It's all bar only seating.

So if you want to move here, don't have small children and forget about a baby with a highchair because you're not going to be be able to eat and feed them at the same time being 2 feet difference in height. And that 3 year old is totally not gonna fall out of that high bar chair....

Thread Information