Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: Dear Dallas

Default Re: Dear Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    They were awestruck (or bumfuzzled) and trying to figure out what they were seeing.....
    Reminds me of

More HQ's Coming to DFW? Wait and see!

Whose HQs are coming to Dallas next? | Dallas Morning News

Looks like Dallas lands another 1,000 jobs in their downtown! Another major corporate HQ's move from California.

Active Network to move from California to downtown Dallas with 1,000 jobs - Dallas Business Journal
    Last edited by progressiveboy; 07-05-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: link

Awesome! I am looking to try to move to Dallas within the 6-9 month time frame. Hopefully all these corporate relocations will make the long-distance employment search much easier.

One thing I noticed about the Dallas metropolitan area it that they are building new mixed-use developments as "mini-cities", which is pretty cool. Most of the new mixed-use developments in the Dallas area have adopted this "Live, Work, and Play" focus. These mixed use developments have, housing, office, retail, all within walking distance:

Construction starts next week on big Frisco retail and commercial project | Dallas Morning News

New State Farm complex in Richardson will allow company to grow to 8,000 Dallas-area workers | Dallas Morning News

http://kdc.com/project-portfolio/cityline/

Amazon?s Plano office deal is getting bigger | Dallas Morning News

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    One thing I noticed about the Dallas metropolitan area it that they are building new mixed-use developments as "mini-cities", which is pretty cool. Most of the new mixed-use developments in the Dallas area have adopted this "Live, Work, and Play" focus. These mixed use developments have, housing, office, retail, all within walking distance:

Construction starts next week on big Frisco retail and commercial project | Dallas Morning News

New State Farm complex in Richardson will allow company to grow to 8,000 Dallas-area workers | Dallas Morning News

KDC

Check out NCTCOG's sustainable development program

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post

KDC

Those types of developments are pretty prominent in Charlotte as well. In my opinion they have the ability to transform suburbia into something that is actually pretty cool. I would be nice to one day see a project or two like that in OKC.

Thread Information