Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2013 Moore Public Schools Bond Package

Default Re: 2013 Moore Public Schools Bond Package

We have some pretty excited elementary school parents in our neighborhood. Both of ours were in a safe room at daycare when the 2013 tornado hit but we now have one in elementary so we are hopeful that one is in place before May.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    We have some pretty excited elementary school parents in our neighborhood. Both of ours were in a safe room at daycare when the 2013 tornado hit but we now have one in elementary so we are hopeful that one is in place before May.
    My understanding is they are going to work quickly on the storm shelters and do multiple sites at once. I'm sure that's the priority of the bond issue, or at least I'd hope so.

They will have to select architects, have plans drawn, get them approved through the city, put it out to bid for General Contractors, and then have at least a 6 month to 1 year construction time weather and size dependent. I would say it would probably be unlikely for this coming spring but would possibly be ready for the start of the 2016 - 2017 school year with a rush but could even be Dec. 2016.

We have done some work on some Edmond saferoom / classroom additions and usually for a spring completion time frame the general contractors bid in mid summer.

From my understanding the due diligence, contractors, plans and whatnot for multiple sites had already been gone over. Either way it's going to be fairly quick.

Also remember that this bond is being phased over multiple years (so there isn't one big tax-bite), so only those sites whose projects were scheduled for the first go-round (presumably the ones where the additional space is most urgently needed) will see their construction begin right away.

Moore schools finally getting with the program and having all-day kindergarten. Very happy about this since I'll have a kid that age in a few years. I had contemplated moving out of the district, but have no issues with staying in now.

http://www.mooreschools.com/Page/39163

I was happy to hear that as well since my kiddo will start Kindergarten that year. I just wish they'd get with the program and have full day pre-k also - and do away with the stupid consolidated pre-k "pod" concept they introduced last year. Kids shouldn't have to go to pre-k at a school that isn't even their home school. I'm probably going to have to pay another year of private school costs just so she can have more than 2 1/2 hours of class time a day. But yeah, at least kindergarten will be full day. From my understanding Newcastle does full day pre-k and they take out of district transfers if you're willing to drive 'em down there. :-/

Thread Information