Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Moore Public Schools Bond Package

Default Re: 2013 Moore Public Schools Bond Package

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    You mean taxes, don't you?
    Yes, wow, lol, bad typo.

I graduated from Westmoore in 1995. The Moore District have always been good stewards with tax dollars and it appears they made the right decision. Building too many schools at once can result in quality control issues that are not usually found out about until the school has been open for a year or more.

I have yet to see a bond issue fail in Moore because they spend their money exactly as promised. If the project or expenditure comes in cheaper than what they anticipate they put the funding in trust for other school needs.

The blessing in disguise in all this is kids at Plaza Towers and Briarwood will get new state of the art schools instead of aging schools that were built to the needs of the district in the 70's and 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    This is what I was afraid of. So now we pay higher taxes for something that is delayed. I'd like my property taxes to remain the same until they decide they'd like to start building.
    I agree...How convenient for them to use the F-5 that wiped out a huge chunk of our city, killing children in its path as cover for delaying construction of the new schools

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I agree...How convenient for them to use the F-5 that wiped out a huge chunk of our city, killing children in its path as cover for delaying construction of the new schools
    There was really zero need to come in here and pull that card. Never was it stated that it was a poor excuse, simply wishing that tax increases could be delayed as well so as to make sure the bond gets used as it intended. I'd hate to see the district sacrifice anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    I graduated from Westmoore in 1995. The Moore District have always been good stewards with tax dollars and it appears they made the right decision. Building too many schools at once can result in quality control issues that are not usually found out about until the school has been open for a year or more.

I have yet to see a bond issue fail in Moore because they spend their money exactly as promised. If the project or expenditure comes in cheaper than what they anticipate they put the funding in trust for other school needs.

The blessing in disguise in all this is kids at Plaza Towers and Briarwood will get new state of the art schools instead of aging schools that were built to the needs of the district in the 70's and 80's.
    This is good to know, and I agree with your last comment. It's unfortunate the life loss, but the silver lining if you can look at it that way is that all facilities being rebuilt will be top of the line and safer for the incoming children. There has been so much donated that I anticipate that the district will take advantage of this and use the money to better the district.

There was really zero need to come in here and pull that card. Never was it stated that it was a poor excuse, simply wishing that tax increases could be delayed as well so as to make sure the bond gets used as it intended. I'd hate to see the district sacrifice anything.
    Sorry your post came across as a little ridiculous given the circumstances...No need to worry as there is zero chance the city will divert funds from schools...zero

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Sorry your post came across as a little ridiculous given the circumstances...No need to worry as there is zero chance the city will divert funds from schools...zero
    I'm not wanting it diverted, would just like to see the tax increase delayed until they actually decide to start on the schools.

Glad to finally see something about this. I guess they didn't end up getting delayed like someone had said.

News | Moore Monthly

Elementary on Sunnylane to be called Timbercreek Elementary and the one on S Portland to be called Soutlake Elementary. I haven't seen anything on what the districts will be for these schools, but I'm sure those will be established at a later time.

Moore Re: 2013 Moore Public Schools Bond Package

Just curious if anyone has seen anything on the boundaries. I saw on the agenda that was to be talked about at the last meeting, so was curious if anyone had some insider info. I'm sure it will be out there once they release the minutes.

Just curious if anyone has seen anything on the boundaries. I saw on the agenda that was to be talked about at the last meeting, so was curious if anyone had some insider info. I'm sure it will be out there once they release the minutes.
    Would really like to know this too.....I am being told through the grapevine my child will be going to Southlake, but I would like to see it on paper or offically announced.

Quote Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    Would really like to know this too.....I am being told through the grapevine my child will be going to Southlake, but I would like to see it on paper or offically announced.
    Just curious if you don't mind sharing, what area do you live in? My though was that it is going to be the area West of I44 as that is the closest area, which also would be the area I live in.

Just curious if you don't mind sharing, what area do you live in? My though was that it is going to be the area West of I44 as that is the closest area, which also would be the area I live in.
    I live over by SW 104th and Council. So West of I44 is what I am hearing as well.....

I would say my source is decent. Now that I have said that it will be the exact opposite of what I was told!

Quote Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    I live over by SW 104th and Council. So West of I44 is what I am hearing as well.....

I would say my source is decent. Now that I have said that it will be the exact opposite of what I was told!
    Lol that's exactly where I live.

Just checked Moore Schools site and they posted the minutes from the last meeting. They have the new boundaries in there at the bottom. Here is the link for any one interested.

School Board / Minutes

So looks like those of us that live west of I44 pretty much to Mustang will be in the new South Lakes boundaries. Looks like for me I'm left in Brink JRH which I find odd as the new JRH will be closer. Also looks like they gave some more of Southmoore's district to Westmoore, most notably neighborhoods like Williamson Farms. Kind of interesting not sure why they did this.

Just checked Moore Schools site and they posted the minutes from the last meeting. They have the new boundaries in there at the bottom. Here is the link for any one interested.

School Board / Minutes

So looks like those of us that live west of I44 pretty much to Mustang will be in the new South Lakes boundaries. Looks like for me I'm left in Brink JRH which I find odd as the new JRH will be closer. Also looks like they gave some more of Southmoore's district to Westmoore, most notably neighborhoods like Williamson Farms. Kind of interesting not sure why they did this.
    Looks to me like they tried really hard to create the "bright line" of demarcation between Southmoore and Westmoore to be SW 134th. Won't swear to this, but I think a lot of the high school districts have had strange, jagged boundaries until now - and some of this may also have been driven by the overhaul of the bus routes that I think some third-party transportation company was brought in to analyze.

Looks to me like they tried really hard to create the "bright line" of demarcation between Southmoore and Westmoore to be SW 134th. Won't swear to this, but I think a lot of the high school districts have had strange, jagged boundaries until now - and some of this may also have been driven by the overhaul of the bus routes that I think some third-party transportation company was brought in to analyze.
    If so that's great. Yes I agree looks like SW134th is a more defining line now. Still, school districts aren't as efficient as they could be. Because of more kids riding the bus out by me the Mustang and Moore school buses pass one another now. Mustangs buses have to loop county line to 119th back to council then down 104th. Moore has to do the exact opposite. If they'd just give the half mile section to one school or the other, preferably Mustang since all of their schools are half the distance, neither would have to overlap an entire mile section.

Something else I'm curious, did Moore change their district? I thought the district went into Oklahoma county to 82nd street? The revised shows it only goes to 89th.

Something else I'm curious, did Moore change their district? I thought the district went into Oklahoma county to 82nd street? The revised shows it only goes to 89th.
    Looks like they pulled the board minutes....I am wondering if they are doing some slight adjusting?

Interesting they were there as of yesterday. I still have a copy of them saved on my computer so we can compare differences once they go back up.

Still goes north into 82nd. Been that way for four billion years.

Still goes north into 82nd. Been that way for four billion years.
    Well I wonder if they just made a mistake on their maps and that's the reason why they took it down.

Looks like they minutes are back up there and the maps have been created. Interesting how that happened after I mention that.

I drove by South Lakes Elementary a week ago and it has come a long way. Still doesn't look like it's going to be open in time for school starting, but maybe the inside is further along than what the outside looks like.

On a side note OKC repaved the majority of Portland there between 119th and 134th, which is good because that road was unusually terrible for the area.

Thread Information