Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mary eckstein fired from channel 4

Default Mary eckstein fired from channel 4

What do you think ?

2. Default Re: Mary eckstein fired from channel 4

For those that don't know, it is normally better to provide much more detail and links to stories to back up your original post. Otherwise you are nothing but a troll lurking here trying to stir crap up and should be banned.

Default Re: Mary eckstein fired from channel 4

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Otherwise you are nothing but a troll lurking here trying to stir crap up and should be banned.
    Dude...you just trolled far more than the original poster. All he/she did was ask for opinions about the firing of a news director who's been in the market for several decades.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    Dude...you just trolled far more than the original poster. All he/she did was ask for opinions about the firing of a news director who's been in the market for several decades.
    In defense of venture, the original poster has done this before... throw something out there with no corroborating information, links or general background info.

dang. and just when The Edward R. Murrow Award was under consideration for being just outside of her grasp . . .
    sum'bitch.... will wonders never cease . . .

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    For those that don't know, it is normally better to provide much more detail and links to stories to back up your original post. Otherwise you are nothing but a troll lurking here trying to stir crap up and should be banned.
    +1

I only opened this thread to find out who Joe Schmoe was....OP didn't provide that. Good job Venture and everyone else who provided information. Can I start a new thread called 'Why?', lol.

Oh well. The business is fluid. Folks come and folks go. Fact of life in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Oh well. The business is fluid. Folks come and folks go. Fact of life in the business.
    Even more true when you add in the fact it is a dying business.

Hopefully this means positive changes at KFOR. The way that station picks up the most idiotic stories and sensationalizes them is embarrassing to the station and embarrassing to the city. It might as well be a parody of real local news. 5 and 9 do similar things but they aren't near as bad as 4.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Does this explain why some in the biz look a bit zombie-ish?

MadMonk Guest

Who?

Why do I care?

Those were my thoughts.

This might as well be a thread about a Blockbuster manager being fired.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    This might as well be a thread about a Blockbuster manager being fired.
    nah. Some people still care about Blockbuster.

Blockbuster?

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Yes and no. If you mean local news is dying...you're somewhat right. I think it will follow the path of local newspapers, in that there will only be one major broadcast outlet for local news eventually. If you mean tv is dying...I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Otherwise, you're going to have to hold it for another 20 years or so. They're a dying breed, but there are vast numbers of folks who don't get all their information and entertainment from the internet. That's why certain tv shows can draw more viewers in one night than even the most viral videos. And when you factor in that most really hot viral videos are only a minute or less in length...and that those tv shows are 30 minutes or longer in length...well, it's not even a fair comparison, is it? TV wins, hands down. If you mean that video in general is a dying business...that's just crazy. Content is king...and most times that involves a video of some kind.

Channel 4 needs a shake up in the news department. If this means better reporting of true and correct facts and less sensationalism, then it's a good thing. I watched their news for many years until I learned first hand how bad their reporting really is.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I only opened this thread to find out who Joe Schmoe was....OP didn't provide that. Good job Venture and everyone else who provided information. Can I start a new thread called 'Why?', lol.
    I think that all signs--at least as far as those provided by the focus group on this respository of local wisdom regarding local media coverage--point to the need for Joe Shomoe to walk through the door of opportunity opened by GODADDY and say something like . . . "I'm Bored As Hell and I'm NOT going to take it anymore . . . plus i'm tired of "weatherclones" whining about wet pavement when it rains . . . in fact, not only am i bored and tired . . . i'm also bored and tired of being "stupidified" by all of it . . ." =)

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    . . . . . . . . . Yes and no. If you mean local news is dying...you're somewhat right . . .
    That observation is so close to perfect that I only have a minor observation to add: Local News is never dying . . . Local News Coverage is apparently directed to the already semi-brain dead as a carrier for commercials. (but without advertising we wouldn't have any newcoverage at all . . . would we? . . . and who is this GODADDY person? not to mention Mary Frankeckstein . . . oy, gevalt/vey! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Okiezmom View Post
    Channel 4 needs a shake up in the news department. If this means better reporting of true and correct facts and less sensationalism, then it's a good thing. I watched their news for many years until I learned first hand how bad their reporting really is.
    So . . . the earthquake coverage wasn't enough for you?
    (just kidding . . . =)

btw: if they really need "a shake up at Channel 4" . . . Braums (among a multitude of others) does a passable job of providing a reasonable version thereof. =)

Was this lady in charge of CH 4 in 1989?

Thread Information