Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New economic development in Edmond

1. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

they cleared the land right next to (east) of Freddy's Custard on 2nd Street just east of Bryant. Anyone know what's going in?

Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    they cleared the land right next to (east) of Freddy's Custard on 2nd Street just east of Bryant. Anyone know what's going in?
    There was a sign, but I didn't get a chance to check it out. Will look later today or tomorrow.

I've been by there several times in the last week, and they don't have a sign saying what it is going to be.

Edmond Sun

More than 100 acres rezoned
    James Coburn
    The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — The Edmond City Council voted 5-0 recently to rezone from general agricultural to a single family district of 104 acres of land. An amendment to the Edmond plan was amended for mixed use business to single family.

Kyle Copeland requested the changes to the property located on the northwest corner of Air Depot and Danforth. The Sleepy Hollow addition is located to the west, and the Cross Timbers Municipal complex is located north of the property, said Bob Schiermeyer, city planner.

The Edmond Plan suggested in 2007 the land be used for a mixed use business park. The Edmond Planning Commission recommended approval of the amendment in May.

“It was a chance to allow at least some potential commercial where there are no utilities, because as you go north there are no water or sewer lines,” Schiermeyer said.

A complete drainage study will be performed for the site, said attorney Randel Shadid, representing the developer. The configuration of the lots and roadways will be based on what the study shows, Shadid said.

“We do hook to city water and sewer and so the lots will be smaller than Sleepy Hollow lots,” Shadid said.

The owner has agreed to leave some of the land on the northwest corner of Danforth and Air Depot for commercial use, Shadid said. Mayor Charles Lamb said the hard corner should be zoned simultaneously with whatever level of commercial is considered useful there.

“Otherwise, we are going to have a protest group when we do try to rezone it,” Lamb said.

Shadid said he does not have a problem filling a rezoning application for the corner. But he asked the council to complete the rezoning request and amendment to the Edmond plan before he comes back with a plat.

“I will affirm to you that in the next couple of weeks I will file a rezoning application on the hard corner for commercial use,” Shadid said.

Shadid said if it was his corner he would file it for the highest retail use the council would approve, which is a general commercial planned unit development.

“Well that makes future communication with future residents easier and straight forward,” said Elizabeth Waner, city councilwoman.

City Councilwoman Victoria Caldwell said the larger lots should be the nearest to Sleepy Hollow.

- See more at: More than 100 acres rezoned » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Sales tax receipts are up!

Sales tax returns bring ‘good news’

The first sales tax collection check for the new fiscal year is 8.53 percent more than was collected for the same time a year ago.

The July sales collection tax brought the city $5.4 million, $436,761 more than in 2013. The budget projection for this fiscal year is 6 percent.

- Edmond Exchange for July 17 | News OK

6. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

I know its technically Edmond but its close enough but does anyone know what is going in just north of turnpike on Kelley, south of the cemetery and east of Bob Moore? They have been clearing land for the past week or so.

I know its technically Edmond but its close enough but does anyone know what is going in just north of turnpike on Kelley, south of the cemetery and east of Bob Moore? They have been clearing land for the past week or so.
    I know there are a ton of apartments that are going to be built in the area. Are you talking about the spaces by the existing office buildings?

8. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

No. The slice of land north of the turnpike and south of existing cemetery, east side of Kelley.

No. The slice of land north of the turnpike and south of existing cemetery, east side of Kelley.
    Bob Moore is building a new Body Shop

gotcha... I have no clue

11. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Don't be so hard on yourself, PluPan.

Great news!

From The Sun
    Edmond Tax Boom

the October sales tax reimbursement check to the City of Edmond is the highest check to date ever received in a one month period for the city, City Manager Larry Stevens said this week before the City Council.

“Cumulatively we are now 5.7 percent above our actual collections from a year ago,” Stevens said of the first four months of the city’s 2014-15 fiscal year.

The city has collected $11.563 million in sales tax this fiscal year, or $624,283 more than the $10.939 million of earnings for the same period a year ago.

Figures from the office of City of Edmond Finance Director/City Clerk Ross VanderHamm show the check is $2.963 million or 4.78 percent above the same October period from a year ago.

-Read more here: Edmond tax boom - The Edmond Sun: News

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Bob Moore is building a new Body Shop
    And a new Subaru Lot.

Hopefully this area will become a huge commercial and retail development.

Selling Edmond: Retailers like demographics, but have trouble finding space | The Journal Record

Nothing really worth posting a thread or rendering about, but a Country Inn and Suites is being considered for Kelly a little south of 15th street. Seems like this area is really becoming a hotspot with new medical industry and hotels, so I think we'll start to see some cool buildings come in the future. As long as these dumbass nimbys stay under their rock, it would be cool to see some 5-10 story offices built around here.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...q=6351&prev=0#

New CVS proposed for the NE corner of Danforth and Bryant. The Shell gas station would be demoed along with that vacant office building to the north.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...#ReturnTo32897

Any idea what is going in on Sooner just south of Danforth? By the I-35 on-ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Any idea what is going in on Sooner just south of Danforth? By the I-35 on-ramp?
    That's a church. I think the sign said St Lukes Methodist.

I will hate to see the Shell station go. That's where I buy gas, if my husband hasn't filled up my car for me at OnCue, which he does for me occasionally.

Thread Information