Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New economic development in Edmond

Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

I just sent them a nice email. I didn’t use the email given directly but I used their form filler they have on the website. I’ll probably also email the council members late tonight. I bet they read the email and filter it but we’ll see. I formally vocalized my support for this project so they won’t be happy.

Good find. Man if I ever get the time I’d love to do some research into how many of these groups are formed in Edmond to stop development projects.

2. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

The Facts page says "The surrounding homes are valued at $380,000- $650,000+"

In the last 4 years the home sales ranged from $215-460K on Karen Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    The Facts page says "The surrounding homes are valued at $380,000- $650,000+"

In the last 4 years the home sales ranged from $215-460K on Karen Dr.
    OMG, "Karen Dr.", really????

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Edmond NIMBYism is back, pushback againt these proposed apartments in far SE Edmond at Memorial and 35. I'd say it all boils down to locals not wanting people to move in and put their kids in Edmond schools. The rest of the arguments about traffic, drainage, safety, property value are mostly bogus and misguided. Heres the NIMBY website someone made to oppose it.
    www.stoppud.com
    I drive that area often, the intersection can't handle that many people living right there, doesn't mean it can't be changed tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    OMG, "Karen Dr.", really????
    In this context that is rather funny, but if anyone's curious, if I recall that name came from someone's wife way back in the day, when that was an extremely rural area. I'll have to ask my uncle who lives on 44th if he can recall the history, but I think what he told me back many years ago is that there was a doctor or a lawyer who built a house back at the end of 44th there and they ran that road to Memorial and named it after his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    In this context that is rather funny, but if anyone's curious, if I recall that name came from someone's wife way back in the day, when that was an extremely rural area. I'll have to ask my uncle who lives on 44th if he can recall the history, but I think what he told me back many years ago is that there was a doctor or a lawyer who built a house back at the end of 44th there and they ran that road to Memorial and named it after his wife.
    Yeah, there's a Marilyn Lane (Drive, Road, something) I've seen in Edmond, may be other female named streets there, just thought it was funny in this time/context, as you said.

Another funny thing is that there is a trailer park in Edmond with several of the streets named after my cousins. We always referred to them as "white trash-famous".

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    I drive that area often, the intersection can't handle that many people living right there, doesn't mean it can't be changed tho.
    As is pretty typical, people waaaay overestimate the amount of traffic that comes in and out of an apartment complex. Even if you have 350 car owners there, the uptick in traffic will likely be unnoticeable and in now way would necessitate road improvements. People tend to think every resident drives in and out of the complex several times a day, which is not reality.

^^^^ thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    As is pretty typical, people waaaay overestimate the amount of traffic that comes in and out of an apartment complex. Even if you have 350 car owners there, the uptick in traffic will likely be unnoticeable and in now way would necessitate road improvements. People tend to think every resident drives in and out of the complex several times a day, which is not reality.
    Which is why there are typically traffic studies for these type of developments, to address those concerns, correct? I'm pretty sure I've seen developers provide those to the planning commission/council when these type of debates come up. Should be pretty easy to address.

Good news for Edmond as they were voted the 7th most livable college town on this list:

https://smartasset.com/data-studies/...wgIMIpRN-kMCEg

12. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

So I happened to go by the massive pipe yard between Sorghum Mill and Coffee Creek, along the old Broadway west of the railtracks. All the pipe is now gone, and it looks like they are doing site work. My father claims a bid development is going in but I haven't seen anything made public. Anyone heard anything?

Blog Entries

So I happened to go by the massive pipe yard between Sorghum Mill and Coffee Creek, along the old Broadway west of the railtracks. All the pipe is now gone, and it looks like they are doing site work. My father claims a bid development is going in but I haven't seen anything made public. Anyone heard anything?
    That was the first stop on the local from OKC to Ark City, switching the pipe yard.

i have heard apts are going there ..

The southern half of this area will be the Echo Ranch subdivision.
    https://agenda.edmondok.com:8086/doc...%202.16.21.pdf

16. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Holy Sh*t that's a ton of houses

17. Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

dupe

Holy Sh*t that's a ton of houses
    Should help the drainage problems in that area...

Oh wow, that really is a lot of houses.

OMG! When will they widen Broadway? The current infrastructure will not support all those new people/vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    OMG! When will they widen Broadway? The current infrastructure will not support all those new people/vehicles!
    It’s not even in the current plan. The only roads in this area planned to be widened is Kelly from Coffee Creek to Waterloo. When that will happen is anyone’s guess but hopefully it’ll be done before 2030. Unless anything changes, don’t expect much.

I wish they’d put a Trader Joe’s here

A03BA162-37C0-4B3A-AEB7-170670E0A86E.jpeg

Bryant Place it would kill it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I wish they’d put a Trader Joe’s here

A03BA162-37C0-4B3A-AEB7-170670E0A86E.jpeg

Bryant Place it would kill it here.
    Yes please.

I've emailed them about it.

Speaking about development around Broadway and the tracks area, Wild Rose something is slated for the area around 1/4 mile east of Broadway on Sorghrum mill rd. Its the old Cherry's stable. I think its on around 80 ac. This will put more traffic in the area also.

Thread Information