Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New economic development in Edmond

Default New economic development in Edmond

I've been seeing a bunch of articles that have been summarizing all the current and future development. Here's one article and I will post more shortly.

http://newsok.com/edmond-city-counci...rticle/3750171

Default Re: New economic development in Edmond

Medical activity has also helped spur the city’s economy with more than $300 million during the past two years from OU Medical Center Edmond, Integris Health Edmond and Mercy Edmond I-35, Yowell said.

Integris has created 295 jobs at 4801 Integris Parkway, immediately north of Henderson Hills Baptist Church, just east of Interstate 35 and north of 15th Street.

“They are currently building out a new heart cath lab that will open next spring,” Yowell said.

Mercy Edmond I-35 is an $88 million, not-for-profit wellness facility that will employ 200. It is set to open this summer on 25 acres of land south of 15th Street and west of the interstate.

“This building includes a doctor’s office, a large wellness center that will include an Olympic size swimming pool and a sports medicine component,” Yowell said.

Edmond will have about 1,000 employees in the medical field when Mercy Edmond I-35 opens when including the 448 employees at OU Medical Center Edmond and those at Integris Health Edmond .

The Shoppes at Fox Lake is preparing within 30 days to construct a new Sam’s Warehouse next to Walmart, just northwest of I-35 and 15th Street.

“There will be room for out-parcels there,” Yowell said.

A 40,000-square-foot Francis Tuttle Center for Municipal Excellence is being developed on the northeast corner of Interstate 35 and Covell Road. The center also will accommodate Adult and Career Development courses and workshops, a business innovation center with classrooms and offices for a business incubator, Yowell said.

The City of Edmond has partnered with the Covell 35 Development Group to build a $25 million Hilton Garden Inn and a 20,000-square-foot conference center on the north side of the northwest corner of I-35 and Covell.

The hotel will have about 160 guest rooms, a pool, fitness center and the amenities expected with the strict standards of a Hilton Hotel.

“Covell I-35 group is in the process of selecting a hotel development group to partner with for a 160-room hotel,” Yowell said. “Everything is on track with this project.”

Development of the $15 million Summit Sports Complex will be at the northeast corner of I-35 and Covell. Features would include a grill, cafe, a restaurant and/or deli, a fitness and training facility and an athletic equipment retailer. Plans call for the facility to be used for competitive and recreational athletic tournaments, athletic camps and academies and other relevant customary uses.

“It will mainly be used for volleyball, basketball and soccer,” Yowell said.

The 70,000-square-foot Edmond Public Safety Center will be built on a 1-acre site where the City of Edmond Administration Building currently stands at 100 E. First St. Construction should take 18 months to two years and the building should open in early 2015.

“This building is really going to fit in aesthetically in the downtown area,” Yowell said.

Laboratory, vehicles, evidence-based storage and other related functions will be at a $3.5 million auxiliary building to be constructed northwest of 33rd Street and Broadway.

“We have a City Council now that has been very aggressive in wanting to make things happen,” Yowell said.
    Oklahoma's jobless rate, economy among U.S. leaders » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Have they said if the wellness center at the new Mercy site will be something that the public can join, or is it only open to employees and patients?

Also, any word on the progress of the new Y/city/school district pool being built at Mitch Park? My husband recently overheard a couple of guys talking about it, and one insinuated that it was already built. We all know that nothing gets build that quickly here, but he was curious, and an avid swimmer, so he called Mitch Park to inquire. He said after a very long pause, the women on the other end of the line lets out a long sigh and "um, no". He said he could tell she was about to bust out laughing at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    Have they said if the wellness center at the new Mercy site will be something that the public can join, or is it only open to employees and patients?

Also, any word on the progress of the new Y/city/school district pool being built at Mitch Park? My husband recently overheard a couple of guys talking about it, and one insinuated that it was already built. We all know that nothing gets build that quickly here, but he was curious, and an avid swimmer, so he called Mitch Park to inquire. He said after a very long pause, the women on the other end of the line lets out a long sigh and "um, no". He said he could tell she was about to bust out laughing at him.
    I don't know about the wellness center, but I'll check. As for the aquatic center, I'm not sure how old your husband is, but I think it is only for seniors, but I might be wrong on that one. Anyways, I'll snap some picture of it in a day or two when I get time. It is coming along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Can you say "Bubble?" When that thing busts, so will all of Edmond's economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post

VIDEO: Aquatics Center at halfway mark » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Can you say "Bubble?" When that thing busts, so will all of Edmond's economy.
    600 new houses is a bubble ... that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Still unable to like post, so *like*.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Still unable to like post, so *like*.
    What is up with the like button? It hasn't worked in a number of days.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I also *like* your comment, BS.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    What is up with the like button? It hasn't worked in a number of days.
    I don't know haha.... I've been wondering about that as well.

New bond package for road projects on I-35 and Covell. Edmond officials consider $14.27 million bond package | News OK

pretty sure they are SELLING bonds to raise money for the projects ... .. good job newsok

Kind of weird this is making news, but eh here it is. New building coming to office park » Local News » The Edmond Sun

Have friends that live across from Mitch Park and when Covell was being widened, they said it was a nightmare so...............cheers to all the residents that will find alternate routes between start and finish. Luckily there are other entrances to those neighborhoods and the only real nightmare will probably be for the Coffee Creek Golf Club.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Have friends that live across from Mitch Park and when Covell was being widened, they said it was a nightmare so...............cheers to all the residents that will find alternate routes between start and finish. Luckily there are other entrances to those neighborhoods and the only real nightmare will probably be for the Coffee Creek Golf Club.
    Yeap and the problem with Edmond it seems, is that they get 80% of their projects done really fast and you think "oh, look at that, they're 3 months ahead of schedule", and then BAM! it just stops. Happened with Covell/Kelley widening and it's happening with Bryant/15th bridge widening. This will be great, I just wish they would set back the bike lanes so when it comes time to widen the road to six lanes it will be easier. Also, the lanes are pretty wide as well.

Thread Information